Yes, I know its been a couple of weeks since I last blogged. As it is for most people, life has been incredibly busy lately, which has meant that blogging has had to be pushed to the back burner. Its not what I would prefer, but it happens sometimes.
So what’s been going on recently in my world?
1. My last blog post that I wrote was a recap of my second to last week of marathon training. Since then I ran my second marathon. It was an incredibly exciting weekend in Chicago, filled not only with lots of marathon related excitement but also lots of family time. I cannot wait to finally have time to sit down and recap the entire weekend.
2. Since returning home I’ve been focusing a lot on family time. Marathon training is quite time consuming, and since I am no longer “in training” I’ve been spending extra quality time with my boys.
3. With only two weeks left in the first quarter at school, things at school are much busier than they were at the beginning of the school year. Its hard to believe that we’re almost a quarter of the way through the school year. I feel like the school year just started!
4. Even though I haven’t run since the marathon (my body was in desperate need of a break!), I have still been keeping active. Its been nice to be able to put more time and energy into cross and strength training and to work different muscle groups than running works.
5. One of the biggest reasons why my blogging has been pushed to the back burner recently is due to the fact that I’ve been getting a side business going. Yes, this is on top of my full time job as a teacher and all of my responsibilities at home as a wife and mother. So what is my new little business?
I’ve started a children’s clothing resale shop, based entirely online through the Kidizen platform. My shop, Kathryn’s Clearance Closet, features clearance rack purchases, all brand new with tags, for resale. The shop will feature mostly infant and toddler clothing, but when I find a good deal on a bigger child’s article of clothing I buy that as well for the shop.
I am an avid shopper, but like most people have to stick to a budget. I also get a thrill out of stacking coupons and discounts in order to get the best deal possible, and have been told by some friends that I have a knack for getting things for super low prices. Its taken awhile to get my shop up and running, but I feel like I finally have a good system going and am in a good pattern with posting items for sale. My shop inventory is still on the small side, but believe me when I say that there’s plenty in my basement right now that needs to be photographed, inventoried, and ultimately put up for sale.
This blog post isn’t meant to turn into one big promotion for my new business, but I wanted to share what’s been keeping me occupied lately. Feel free to follow along in my new business adventure on Facebook and Instagram.
QOTD: What’s been going on in your world lately?