Since there’s quite a bit on my mind this week and a lot of different things going on I thought that a Potpourri post would be more than appropriate for today.
1. Tomorrow marks the peak point of my marathon training, as I have my 20 mile training run on tap. Earlier in the week I was starting to worry that Hurricane Florence would force me to have to run 20 miles on the treadmill. Thankfully Florence’s track shifted throughout the week, and isn’t predicted to have its major impact on the DC area until early next week. I’m incredibly thankful for many reasons, including the fact that I will not have to dig deep and find the motivation to complete my 20 miler at the gym tomorrow.
2. You may have noticed on social media that I am in the final fundraising push. As of this morning I am 88% of the way towards meeting my Ronald McDonald House Charities fundraising goal. Fundraising has been nowhere near as easy this year as it was when I ran Chicago with the team last year, but since so many families benefit from RMHC’s services I refuse to give up in my efforts to raise funds for this incredible organization. If you haven’t already, please consider making a tax deductible donation on my fundraising page. All money donated goes directly to helping provide food, housing, and support for the families of children who are sick and in the hospital.
3. Earlier this week I saw this reminder posted on Facebook. If you’re a long time reader of my blog then you may recall that due to some health issues I have been facing over the past year that my running pace has taken a hit. Despite my best efforts I just haven’t been able to run at the same pace as I could in the past couple of years. While it doesn’t normally get me down, there are those moments when I do think back to my faster days. However, this post reminded me that getting out there and running is much better than simply sitting on the sidelines and watching everybody else. I am running my own race.
4. This weekend I am participating in a local children’s consignment sale. I participated in the organization’s Spring sale back in March, and am excited to clean a few things out of the house and make some extra cash this weekend. I’m scheduled to volunteer at the sale on Sunday, and since I had a great time during my volunteer shift back in March I’m looking forward to the same again on Sunday.
5. To all of those in the southeast that are in Hurricane Florence’s path, please stay safe. I’m thinking about all of you and praying that Florence doesn’t beat down on all of you the way that she is predicted to.
QOTD: What is one thing on your mind this week?