Friday Five – Potpourri v. 23

Happy Friday everybody!  If your week has been like mine, its been a jam packed one filled with lots of activity and excitement.  What has made this week so busy?

1.  Monday afternoon little man and I drove to just south of Baltimore to celebrate one of my best friend’s, and his godmother’s, birthday.  It was a low key birthday celebration and we had a wonderful birthday dinner celebrating her.

Little man helping his Auntie Becca blow out her birthday candles

2.  On Wednesday little man and I flew out to Central Illinois to visit my family.  We kicked off our time here with another birthday celebration, this time for my dad, as his birthday was on Wednesday.  My mom invited some good friends over for dinner and we ended the evening with singing “Happy Birthday” to my dad before enjoying some cheesecake for dessert.

Little man was very excited about singing “Happy Birthday” to his Papa

3.  One of the many things that I had been looking forward to about our visit was being able to run on the trail in my hometown.  I completed Thursday’s run on the trail, and am looking forward to logging even more miles on it while I’m here.

After completing my first of what will be several runs here in Central Illinois for this trip

4.  Summer is just flying by so I’m trying my best to soak in as many special moments with little man as I can.  Yesterday afternoon my sister and I took little man to a local park, which among other things has a splash pad and a playground, both of which we played at yesterday.  All three of us had a fun afternoon together.

Having fun at the playground with little man

5.  Playing at the park brought back memories of my wedding day, as it was at the same park where my wedding photos were taken.  Monday marks seven years of marriage for my husband and I.  The years have just flown by!

Photo Credit: Mark Romine Photography

QOTD: What is one highlight from your week?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 23

1. kookyrunner says:

Looks like you’re having a great week and filling it with tons of memories! That’s what summer is all about in my opinion 🙂

2. He is getting so big already! That is such a fun age enjoy all the family time. Happy Anniversary

3. What a fun week. It’s always good to go back home, especially for fun reasons! Congratulations on your 7th anniversary!

4. pglooney says:

Happy anniversary! Looks like a great week

5. Darlene says:

Happy Anniversary.

Glad you are having a great time and even finding time to run.

Happy anniversary!

7. How nice that you got to spend some time in your hometown with your little man.

8. Nice that you were able to travel home to celebrate your dad’s birthday. Happy Anniversary!

9. 7 years! That’s great, congrats! My highlight was camping and I wish I was still there.

10. AJ says:

What an awesome week of celebrating:)

11. Lindsay says:

What a nice trip home. I didn’t run on thursday BUT I ran on that same stretch of trail this morning when I was pounding out 11.5 miles. Hope you had a great week celebrating birthday’s and wedding anniversaries. Did you guys hit up any favorite restaurants? I mean I am pretty sure we still have more restaurants than ANY small town could need. HAHA!

12. Happy Anniversary! Looks like it’s been a fun week 😉

13. Farrah says:

Those photos are gorgeous! Happy early anniversary! It’s crazy how quickly time goes by!

14. Summer sure is flying by! I am glad you have been able to make lots of fun memories with your son and family this summer!
    Happy early anniversary! We just celebrated 7 years also 🙂

15. Liz Dexter says:

Lovely times, how super. And what a gorgeous trail – I’m in awe yet again, I keep seeing these wonderful places to run that we don’t seem to have here in the UK! I love that you were able to go back to where you had your wedding, and good times with people you’re close to.

Looks like you guys are really enjoying your summer! Happy Anniversary!!