Happy Friday everybody! If your week has been like mine, its been a jam packed one filled with lots of activity and excitement. What has made this week so busy?
1. Monday afternoon little man and I drove to just south of Baltimore to celebrate one of my best friend’s, and his godmother’s, birthday. It was a low key birthday celebration and we had a wonderful birthday dinner celebrating her.
2. On Wednesday little man and I flew out to Central Illinois to visit my family. We kicked off our time here with another birthday celebration, this time for my dad, as his birthday was on Wednesday. My mom invited some good friends over for dinner and we ended the evening with singing “Happy Birthday” to my dad before enjoying some cheesecake for dessert.
3. One of the many things that I had been looking forward to about our visit was being able to run on the trail in my hometown. I completed Thursday’s run on the trail, and am looking forward to logging even more miles on it while I’m here.
4. Summer is just flying by so I’m trying my best to soak in as many special moments with little man as I can. Yesterday afternoon my sister and I took little man to a local park, which among other things has a splash pad and a playground, both of which we played at yesterday. All three of us had a fun afternoon together.
5. Playing at the park brought back memories of my wedding day, as it was at the same park where my wedding photos were taken. Monday marks seven years of marriage for my husband and I. The years have just flown by!
QOTD: What is one highlight from your week?