My Must-Haves for the Healthy and Organized Traveler

Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.

Next week little man and I will be headed to Illinois for among other things a visit with my family.  Unfortunately, my husband is unable to join us for this trip because of work.  I am a very organized person, including when it comes to traveling, so as I have been working on our packing list I’ve made sure that these must-haves for traveling are included on my list.

1.  Eagle Creek Pack-It Sport Kit

Ever since I received the Eagle Creek Pack-It Sport Kit through my prior affiliation with Rock ‘n’ Blog, I have yet to pack my running shoes for a trip without first putting them into this bag.  By using this packing bag, it has helped with keeping the sweat and stink from my running shoes away from everything else in my suitcase.  One of the best things about this shoe bag is that it is machine washable, so once I’m home I’m able to throw the bag into the laundry with my dirty clothes so that it no longer smells post traveling.

2.  Shacke Packing Cubes

To help keep my suitcase organized I have turned to the Shacke Packing Cubes.  I ordered them prior to our big trip to Disney World back in the Spring and they proved to be incredibly helpful in keeping things organized, especially for a trip where we had lots of events and different types of clothing that we needed during our time away.

3.  Running Fuel

No athlete wants to be away from home and trying to work out without having the fuel that their body is accustomed to.  One of my go to source of fuel during my long runs is Clif Bloks.  I recently ordered a new box so that I can replenish my supply and have enough to pack for our upcoming trip.

4.  CamelBak Eddy Water Bottle

Now that so many airports have water fill stations after security, I never travel anymore without my CamelBak Eddy Water Bottle.  Its so easy to become dehydrated when traveling, but by having my own water bottle with me that’s much less likely to happen.  Unlike other water bottles that I’ve used in the past, the CamelBak bottles don’t leak on airplanes.  Little man has a couple of his own, so I always make sure to pack a kids’ version of the CamelBak Eddy water bottle as well.

5.  doTERRA Grapefruit Essential Oil

One of the keys to staying healthy while traveling is to maintain some of your usual routines while away from home.  One of my go to products at home is doTERRA Grapefuit Essential Oil.  Thankfully the 15 mL bottle is more than small enough to travel with and fits the TSA regulations for carrying liquids onto the plane.

QOTD: What is one of your travel essentials?  Bonus if it helps you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and/or stay organized while traveling!

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to My Must-Haves for the Healthy and Organized Traveler

1. Darlene says:

Everyone seems to use cubes to pack. I should probably try them.

I bring my breakfast, snacks and a water bottle. Of course, running clothes cuz you never know….

2. I am with Darlene – running clothes! This is big for me as that was the last thing on my mind when I used to travel before! But I am just back from a work trip and had packed running clothes which I actually found time to use! Have a safe trip you two 🙂

3. I just learned about packing cubes today via someone else’s blog post. I guess I kind of do the poor man’s version already with plastic bags. 🙂

4. Marcia says:

The Eagle Creek Pack-It kit and bag are some of the best things that ever happened to me. I won’t travel without them!

I know it’s bad that I wear my running shoes through the airport. I’ll need them anyway, and by wearing them, I keep them out of my suitcase.

6. Virjinia says:

I carry my water bottle and some snacks too! I need to get on board with those packing cubes because you’re the second person to suggest those this week!

7. Hmmm I’m definitely going to have to look into the cubes! We always make sure we have our water bottles (unfilled until after going through security at the airport!) and GORP (Made in Manitoba Canada) bars, and my boyfriend always has a few of those battery pack chargers for the phones – just in case!

8. Liz Dexter says:

What a brilliant idea to pack your water bottle for the plane! I have lovely Salomon ones and will definitely do that next time! Safe journey!

9. debolton says:

I usually travel with healthy snacks, Arnica and Finesse Bands cause their easy to carry and I know I can get a workout in wherever I go.

10. I travel once or twice a month for my business and have the packing thing down to a science. The packing cubes are interesting, but I wonder if they would take up more space. I am the Queen of Consolidation. I roll everything, tuck things in every millimeter of space I can find, and If it doesn’t fit in a carry-on it doesn’t come on the trip!

11. Wendy says:

I’m with Megan–I do the plastic bags instead of the packing cubes.

12. Lindsay says:

Have a safe trip to Illinois. I will keep an eye out for you on the trail. I would totally have a “celebrity” moment if I did happen to run into you! 😉
    How long are you in the area?

• I’ll be out running several times while I’m there so maybe I’ll see you.

• Lindsay says:

Awesome! I was out on the trails this morning and it was awesome to have the wind protection. If you’d like to email me about route recommendations feel free. Also, there is a free group run that meets on Monday nights at Tipton Park off of GE @6pm I think that would be fun if you need or want to run with others! 🙂

13. I need to check out those packing cubes! I keep seeing them everywhere lately

14. Farrah says:

Great picks! I need to look into those packing cubes!

15. Coco says:

I bring a water bottle and then fill it up after going through security, and then in the hotel gym. I also bring snacks!

16. AJ says:

I’m going to have to look into that bag as when I came home from my last trip I found I had to wash everything, worn or not, because they smelled like my running shoes:(

17. kookyrunner says:

I actually saw the doTERRA oils the RnRChi expo this weekend and I was very impressed. I am highly considering buying some of the oils.

18. I too use Megan’s version, the plastic bag!

19. tripnijoy says:

thank you for sharing ​a great tips😁😁 Love it!!