Summer Bucket List

Happy first day of June!  The beginning of June is always very symbolic for me: it means that the end of the school year is in sight and that summer break is right around the corner.  Ever since becoming a mother, I look forward to summer break even more than I did prior to having a child.  Summer break means that I get to spend more time with my little man than I get to during the school year since he does not go to daycare when I am home for the summer.

Now that he is two and a half, I’m incredibly excited about what lies ahead for my little family this summer.  Earlier this week Jenn posted a Summer Bucket List on Facebook, which inspired me to work on putting one together myself.    There are so many things on my bucket list for little family this summer including:

1.  Going to a baseball game

Last summer we took little man to a minor league baseball game, which he loved.  He really enjoyed being able to run the bases after the game.  I want to take him to at least one, if not more than one, baseball game this year.

Running the bases after a minor league baseball game last August

2.  Meeting up with friends for play dates

Because what is not more fun than mommies and their kids meeting up for some fun together?!?

3.  Going to the beach

We have plans to make at least one day trip to the beach this summer.  Last summer little man had a blast on the one occasion that he got to play in the sand, and I’m sure he’ll have just as much fun, if not more fun, doing so again this year.

Playing in the sand in Ocean City, NJ last July

4.  Going to the pool

My child would live in the water if I would let him.  And what kind of summer would it be without at least a couple of visits to the pool?!?

5.  Going to the zoo

Like many little kids, my little man is obsessed with animals.  I have yet to take him to the National Zoo, and I’d like to change that this summer.

At the Philadelphia Zoo last July

Of course, these five things aren’t all that I am looking forward to doing with my little man this summer.  We have a jam packed calendar, and I cannot wait to make lots of great memories with him while I am on summer break.

QOTD: What is on your summer bucket list?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Summer Bucket List

1. kookyrunner says:

You definitely have some really fun things planned for the summer!

2. pglooney says:

Summer is the best! Looks like your going to have a great one and enjoy all your family time! Besides work I don’t have anything planned except to enjoy the weather and life.

3. Darlene says:

Nope. I work all summer and I use my vacation days for race-cations during the year.

But if I had one it would be:

1. eat ice cream often
    2. BBQ outdoors
    3. Go boating every weekend
    4. Eat fresh fruits & veggies
    5. Go hiking
    6. Plants lots of flowers
    7. Go to the race track
    8. Play tennis often
    9. Run Run Run

My one big trip is to Alaska! I have my excursions booked, and I can’t wait.

5. Wendy says:

I don’t have a summer bucket list but if I did it would have water sports a-plenty. Waterskiing, SUP, kayaking, boating, fishing. More importantly, as much time as possible with my sons.

6. It’s great that you’re able to have your son all to yourself over the summer…and I’m sure he appreciates it, too. We’re planning a trip to a minor league baseball game already next week…fun times!

7. I like the idea of a summer bucket list! I may have to borrow this idea 😉 You’ve got some fun things planned!

8. Rachel says:

This is a great list! We don’t have a bucket list this summer. I guess I’d like to go to the pool without my kids but I know I won’t so why even say it? 🙂

9. Coco says:

I loved summer days at the pool! And the beach is always fantastic. I hope to get to Rehoboth in August.

10. Farrah says:

This sounds like a fun bucket list! :] I want to go to a beach too this summer!

11. Your summer bucket list sounds perfect! I bet this is such a fun age to do stuff with your little guy. I just cancelled our summer vacation because i want things to be more low key this year. I’m sure we’ll do some day trips to the beach and stuff like that and I’m totally okay with it.

• My sister and I had been planning to take little man to the beach for a couple of days, and just last week also canceled it. We’ve decided to take advantage of all of the fun things around here instead while she is visiting.

12. AJ says:

Lol after planning each work day down to the minute, I refuse to plan my summer! I know I’m going on a couple of short trips, but other than that, part of the fun of summer is waking up in the morning and thinking, “what do I want to do today?”

13. Angela says:

Funny enough, those are all pretty much on my summer bucket list too! I love going on fun excursions with the kiddos!