Happy Friday everybody! If your schedule has been like mine lately, it has been jam packed and you’ve been constantly on the go. It seems like this happens every Spring. Part of me enjoys the thrill of being as busy as I have been, but another part of me wishes that things would slow down just a tad.
With how busy everything has been lately, I thought that it would be appropriate to do a Potpourri post today. Its been quite awhile since I’ve written one (since September to be exact). Here’s a glimpse at what has been going on in my little corner of the world lately.
1. Yesterday, my AP World students took their AP exam. We have spent the entire school year preparing for this one test. I’m incredibly proud of their hard work, and I cannot wait to receive their scores in July.
2. The end of the school year busyness continues today with my Honors World History students scheduled to take their state exam. After today’s test, the focus in my classroom will shift to end of the year projects for the last month of the school year.
3. My parents fly into town today. It has been since March when little man and I last saw them (we spent Spring Break visiting them in Illinois), and although my dad was in town for work in early March, it has been since December when my mom and husband last saw each other. We’re all looking forward to sharing a couple of days together.
4. Since getting off track with my fitness during our trip to Disney, I’m excited to report that I’ve gotten back on track this week. I ran on Sunday and Wednesday, did cross and weight training at the gym on Tuesday, and last night did lower body strength training. I must say, its easy to stay focused when you have a cute little coach. 🙂
5. My break from being “in training” for a race will come to an end in just two short weeks. During the first week of June I will kick off marathon training. I’m excited about running Chicago again in October and to once again run in memory of a childhood friend whose life was cut short by cancer. Not only am I once again running in her memory, but I will also be running again this year with Team Ronald McDonald House Charities. Its an incredible organization, and I’m honored to be a part of the team again.
QOTD: What is one thing that is currently going on in your little corner of the world?