Let’s Catch Up, the Disney Wedding Edition!

My apologizes for the radio silence over the past two weeks.  As I’m sure you can imagine, life has been incredibly busy lately.  While in the past I would have stressed over not having had the time to sit down and write, I’ve been reminding myself that there are much more important things in life than being able to blog.

So what’s been keeping me so busy over the past two weeks?  If you follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter then you know that we were at Disney World starting the last weekend of April.  In total, we spent nine days at Disney for a very special occasion: my sister-in-law’s wedding.  It had been her lifelong dream to get married at Disney World, and last Saturday that dream became a reality.  Over the course of the week there were several wedding events, including a girls’ tea at the Grand Floridian, a family dinner at Citricos for the bride and groom’s immediate families, and a private Illuminations dessert party for all of the wedding guests on Isle de France, the terrace in front of France at Epcot.

Little man getting his hair cut for the wedding at the Harmony Barber Shop at Magic Kingdom

The delicious spread during girls’ tea

With all of my in-laws during our photo shoot with Mickey at Magic Kingdom

At the rehearsal lunch at The Attic at the Boardwalk Resort

During the dessert party at Epcot

The highlight of the week was of course the wedding itself.  The ceremony took place at the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian, and the reception was held in The Living Seas Salon at Epcot.  The day was incredibly magical, and the rumors are in fact true: weddings at Disney are quite the event.  Every detail is planned out by the wedding planner, and the wedding day itself truly runs like clockwork.  Although at times it felt a bit odd to be dressed in a long, formal dress at Disney, especially when we were escorted through Epcot to the reception when the park was still open, it was a truly beautiful day, complete with two VIP guests making a brief appearance during the reception.

The bride and groom during wedding photos at The Grand Floridian

Ready for the wedding!

Everybody on the dance floor with Mickey and Minnie

During our time at Disney I only got to run once, but it was on my favorite trail to run on at Disney: the New Balance Trail that runs through the Grand Floridian and Polynesian resorts.  I always love running early in the morning with the Magic Kingdom as my backdrop.

During my one and only run at Disney

Since returning from Disney late last Sunday night, things at our house have been incredibly busy.  I spent the majority of the week at work playing catch up after having a sub in my classroom for five days.  I walked into my classroom Monday morning very overwhelmed by the high stacks of paper and the lengthy note from my sub that I found on and surrounding my desk.  Although I’m not fully caught up at school yet, I didn’t feel as overwhelmed by my to do list at the end of the day on Friday as I did Monday morning.  Here at home, our suitcases are still sitting open in the basement, with only half of the laundry done, but I know that it’ll all eventually get done.

This past week Preston finished up the Spring semester of grad school, and we’re both thankful that he has a couple of weeks off before his summer class starts.  Friday afternoon I attended “Muffins with Mom” at little man’s daycare.  My little family spent Saturday working on our front and backyards, both weeding and planting fresh plants and flowers.  And then on Sunday we spent the day together as a family and had a low key Mother’s Day, though I did give myself a “present” of a solo four mile run during little man’s nap.

Yay for four solo miles on a beautiful Spring afternoon

So that’s a little bit of what’s been going on in my world over the past couple of weeks.  My little family has been quite busy, and fitness has slipped from being one of my top priorities.  I know that just because I’m not currently officially training for a race doesn’t mean that I should let my fitness slide, and I’m looking forward to refocusing and getting back on track this week.  I didn’t meet some of my April goals, and although I never put any goals into writing for this month (I’ll blame being away and out of my normal routine at the beginning of the month), I want to spend the rest of May refocusing on my fitness, especially since I’ll be starting marathon training in just a couple of short weeks.

One last thing: during our first full day at Disney a blog reader approached me at Magic Kingdom and asked me if I was “From Dancing to Running.”  I was caught completely off guard, was focused on little man and getting to breakfast at Crystal Palace, and didn’t respond properly.  To the reader who stopped to say “hi”, my apologizes for not being able to talk longer and for my abrupt departure.  If I came across as rude, that wasn’t my intention whatsoever.

QOTD: Let’s catch up, what has been going on in your life over the past couple of weeks?t

This entry was posted in Training, Travel and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Let’s Catch Up, the Disney Wedding Edition!

1. How fun that a reader recognized you!
    Im glad you had such a fun time at Disney for the wedding! Although i’ve HAD a disney wedding, i wish i could be invited to one as a guest so i could just be relaxed and take it all in…lol

2. Wendy says:

It’s always fun but a little disconcerting when a reader recognizes me, so I get what you mean! Looks like a fun wedding at Disney! I’ve had other friends get married there and I’ve heard how wonderful it is. Hopefully, you’ll be all caught up soon and then you have summer off!

3. Looks like you had a great trip! It’s always hard when coming back from vacation and playing catch up. I’m away this weekend for my half marathon about an hour away from where we live – I’m already planning my one day back to play catch up!

4. luciepalka says:

I’m such a Disney fan. My husband and I want to go back next summer. It must have been a true fairy tale wedding. My husband and I didn’t get married there, but we honeymooned in Disney for 2 whole weeks and loved every minute of it. It was a totally different experience then when we returned 3 years later with our 2 year old.

How fun that your sister-in-law got married at Disney World! It sounds like an amazing experience, and I love that Mickey and Minnie showed up in their formal attire 🙂

6. What a fantastic, fun-filled past couple of weeks you’ve had! It’s nice to take a break from just about anything every once in a while. That way you come back refreshed and ready to go!

7. Darlene says:

What a fun vacation.
    I’ve been to Disney a few times but I would love to run there just for fun.

8. Sue says:

I’m the reader that said hi at Magic Kingdom. No need to apologize! Everybody in Magic Kingdom that early is rushing… I was off to early morning magic that day. Sorry to catch you off guard. I was just so surprised that I saw you, I knew I would regret it later if I didn’t say hi. It was a gorgeous week to be in Disney! Especially for a wedding!

9. kookyrunner says:

You’ve had a lot of fun these past few weeks! I’ve loved following along on Instagram – all your photos are so cute! Glad that you had a fun time – so cool that your sister-in-law got married at Disne World.

The Disney wedding and events surrounding it sound incredibly magical! I’m glad you guys had a good time and enjoyed your vacation away. So sorry about the crazy stack of papers at school – at least summer is just around the corner!

11. That’s pretty awesome to have a reader recognize you. Very cool to experience a wedding at Disney!

12. So many great pics! I recognize that sign from the running trail…I almost took a selfie with it myself LOL At my relay, on Saturday, I had a gal come and and ask me about my blog, etc. It’s always a nice surprise when that happens 😉

13. Renée says:

What an amazing wedding experience! Disney is not my thing at all but I can appreciate how incredible it must have been especially for the bride. A dream come true! I think we all can relate to playing catch up though. I’m away from Friday to next week a Tuesday and will be scrambling around trying to get my house a bit in order before we leave !

The last few weeks I’ve been working on getting my act together. It’s a work in progress.

14. how sweet that your whole family is so into all the Disney festivities! Looks like a beautiful wedding.

15. runswithpugs says:

Aw, I’m sure your reader understands!

What an amazing trip and beautiful wedding! How fun for all of you!

Things will settle down and you will catch up again, not to worry!

16. Rachel says:

OMG. I’m having a Disney wedding. I don’t care if I have to divorce my husband and remarry him!!

17. You look gorgeous in the gown that you wore to the wedding – so pretty! It sounds like you had a great time!

18. Coco says:

Wow, what a Disney extravaganza. I love that picture of your sister on the stairs. Coming back from vacation is stressful, but hopefully you can hold on to some of that Disney magic as you get the laundry done. 😉

19. Farrah says:

Yay for Disney World! I haven’t been there since I was 6, but would love to go back sometime! That looks like a gorgeous wedding–and so cool that a reader recognized you!

20. agsignor says:

Oh my gosh! This looks like so much fun! My girls would flip to be able to go to an event like this.

I love tea at Grand Floridian. I did it after my first half, and ended up having to go down the stairs backwards because my legs had tightened up so much from sitting.

22. Pingback: June 2018 Goals | From Dancing to Running