March 2018 Goals

Its hard to believe that yesterday was March 1st!  Even though February is the shortest month of the year, I dedicated a lot of time towards being active last month and am quite proud of what I accomplished and the progress that I made towards meeting my monthly goals.

1.  Log at least 100 miles.

Grade: A

I’m proud to report that my monthly mileage total was 101.8 miles!  It took a lot of hard work to log run, walk, and elliptical all of those miles, but my hard work paid off.  Between the last of my long half marathon training runs, as well as the Enchanted 10k and Princess Half Marathon themselves, I banked a lot of miles with those runs, but they certainly did not make up all of my miles last month.  With my 2018 mileage goal at 1,200 miles, my current total for the year is 194.0 miles, which puts me at 16% towards reaching my goal.

2.  Work out at least five days per week.

Grade: B

In February I had more difficulty with staying motivated to work out than I did back in January when I did meet this goal.  Two weeks in February I met this goal, and the other two weeks I was one workout short.  I’m eager to push myself to get back on track with this goal in March.

3.  Weight train at least two days per week.

Grade: B+

Just like with my second goal, I met my goal during two weeks last month, but didn’t the other two weeks.  The two weeks when I only completed one weight training session I did do short strength training sessions at home, which is certainly better than nothing, but it isn’t the same as weight training.

4.  Lose at least 2 more pounds.

Grade: B

I lost 1.6 of the 2 pounds that I wanted to lose in February.  Given that the month was only 28 days long, and that I was at Disney World during the last weekend of the month, I’m quite pleased with my progress.

5.  Don’t overindulge at Disney.

Grade: A

I’m very happy to report that I was very pleased with the food and beverage choices that I made while I was away for my girls’ weekend at Disney World.  While I did enjoy some delicious snacks and drinks (I can’t resist the popcorn there, and I did celebrate the races by eating half of a coveted rose gold cupcake, I shared the other half with my friend Kathleen), I balanced out those choices with healthier decisions during our meals.

I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate finishing the Fairy Tale Challenge and running my 15th half marathon.

Overall, February was a great month on the health and fitness front, but I’m optimistic that March will be an even better month.

1.  Log at least 110 miles.

Not only is 110 miles a slight increase from what I logged in February, but if I meet this goal I will also be 100% on track for meeting my mileage goal for the year.

2.  Work out at least five days per week.

I’m sure I’m starting to sound like a broken record with this goal, but after meeting it in January and then not meeting it in February, I need to get back on track with consistent exercise this month.

3.  Weight train at least two days per week.

Part of my consistent exercise needs to be consistent weight training.  Not only will it help with my weight loss, but it will also help with my training overall.

4.  Lose at least 1.4 more pounds.

I am 1.4 pounds away from meeting my 2018 goal of losing five pounds.  Once I reach this goal it’ll be a matter of keeping the weight off.

5.  Enjoy my birthday month.

There is a lot on the calendar for this month, and I’m looking forward to all of the fun events, including a trip to Illinois over Spring Break to visit my parents.  It’ll be the first time that little man and I fly together without another adult to help out.  Fingers crossed that our travel goes well!

QOTD: What are your goals for March?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Motivation and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to March 2018 Goals

1. Darlene says:

I’m not a goals person but in March I plan to run a half marathon in Fla and several local races.

Happy Birthday!!

2. kookyrunner says:

Looks like you had an awesome month in February! Congrats on hitting over 100 miles for the month and having a great experience at Disney.

3. Marcia says:

You had a solid February! Here’s to nailing your March goals as well.

4. Nice job not over indulging at Disney. I always mean too, but in the end never have time..haha. I guess that’s a good thing!

5. I have not figured out any specific goals for March ((yet)). I’m taking part in another challenge (daily exercises) and have two races (on the 10th and the 17th)…and my birthday is this month as well 😉

6. Rachel says:

Sounds like you had a pretty amazing February. You’ll definitely get those March goals!

Great job with your February goals, Kathryn! That cupcake looks amazing too! 🙂

8. Wendy says:

I always have that “loose goal” of running 100 miles per month. I don’t know why, but it’s such a nice round number! Great month!

9. chrissytherd says:

Looks like you had a pretty great month! I also just have to say that as an RD I LOVE that you set reasonable weight loss goals over a reasonable time frame. It’s super refreshing to see that – and I know it’s so much more sustainable.

• I’m not sure why so many people are so unrealistic with their weight loss goals. Losing weight the way people do on shows like The Biggest Loser is just not realistic whatsoever. Plus, how many of those contestants have gained a significant amount of their lost weight back?

10. Congrats — looks like you did a great job in February! And what a pretty cupcake and medal! 🙂

11. It is really hard not to over indulge while traveling isn’t it?! Looks like a great month for you

12. What a great month you had! I would have blown my diet at Disney! I really need to get on track with marathon training this month.

13. says:

I can’t believe it is March either! It sounds like you did well with your February goals…I love how you have graded yourself on them!

14. My goal is to run 100 miles this month. I didn’t make it in January nor February. Like you I also have a goal to run 1,200 this year. Right now I am at 15% towards achieving my goal.

15. Oh and where in Illinois will you be visiting?

16. Farrah says:

Great job on your goals! I’m still trying to work on my workout consistency–I’m at ~4x/week right now and trying to bump back up to 6, slowly but surely!!

17. Amazing! You are doing so awesome and I am so glad you did so great in Disney on all fronts!

I know that the months ahead are going to be epic for you! Keep up the great work!

18. I hope you have a FAB birthday month!
    Great job on your Feb goals!
    Bring on March!

19. Pingback: Loudoun Half Marathon Training Log – Week 3 | From Dancing to Running