2018 Princess Half Marathon Weekend Costumes

Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.

As most runDisney fans know, one of the many exciting aspects of any race weekend at Disney is having an excuse to dress up during the races.  I started thinking about costume ideas almost immediately after registering last Spring, and I’m incredibly excited about what I’ll be wearing this weekend during the 10k and half marathon.

For the 10k on Saturday I’ll be dressed up as Cinderella.  I came across the “Will Run for Bling” shirt sometime last fall while searching through sale items on the Disney Store website.  Upon its arrival, I knew that pairing it with a silver Sparkle Athletic skirt and a silver Sparkly Soul headband would make the perfect costume, especially since the Princess weekend challenge for the past four years was named the Glass Slipper Challenge (this year it has been renamed to the Fairy Tale Challenge).

For the half marathon on Sunday I’ll be dressed up as Snow White.  For several months, Kathleen and I speculated that the theme for this year’s Princess Half Marathon would be Snow White since the movie premiered 80 years ago back in December.  When runDisney confirmed that the theme was in fact Snow White, I went straight to work on putting my race outfit together, which is made up of a blue tank from Road Runner Sports that I already owned and the same yellow Sparkle Athletic skirt that I wore for the Wine and Dine 10k in November 2016.  The only new piece of this costume that I had to order was a red bow headband from Sweaty Bands.  Given that the current weather forecast is calling for it to be a hot and humid weekend, I’m very glad that I put together a warm weather friendly outfit.

I’m excited to fly down to Orlando tomorrow evening and to kick off the Princess weekend fun at the expo Friday morning.  Feel free to follow along with the race weekend fun all weekend on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

QOTD: Who is your favorite Disney princess?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to 2018 Princess Half Marathon Weekend Costumes

1. Your outfits look cute! My favorite princess is Belle…but yellow is a color that makes me look jaundiced, so I’ll probably never emulate her for a race.

2. Oh I love the Cinderella shirt! She was always my favorite princess. Good luck this weekend

Love them both! So cute! Hope you have a great time!

4. Meghann says:

Will run for bling — so cute! Have fun!

The outfits are so cute! I’d have to say my favorite princess of the classic characters is probably Belle 🙂

6. That’s really cute! I did snow a snow white costume for one of the princess races a few years ago!

I’m jealous that the 10k medal is Merida. I was very much like Merida when I was 16. Good luck this weekend!

8. This is so fun! I’ve never done a Disney race but would love to in the future. I’m not sure I have a fav princess but I LOVE mulan and moana! 🙂

9. Rachel says:

These are super cute. I love that Cinderella shirt. Adorbs!!

10. Juliana says:

Cute! I’m on Magical Express now! Hope I run into you this weekend!

11. angela@marathonsandmotivation.com says:

These are such fun outfits! I LOVE the Run Disney races because of all the great costumes people wear!! 🙂

12. agsignor says:

Love the nod to Snow White. I have a pretty sweet bridesmaids dress that makes me look exactly like Tinker Bell (complete with jaggedly cut skirt) so I think I’d have to rock that if I were running.

13. Those are SUPER cute! When I ran the race I didn’t know about all the costumes and all I had was a tiara! Haha
    Have a great weekend!