One week from today, I will be waking up at the most magical place on Earth! The countdown is on to when I fly down next Thursday evening to Disney for a fun girls’ weekend.
There are so many reasons why I’m excited about my next race weekend, including:
1. Next Sunday I will run my 15th half marathon. After having run my 1st half marathon at Disney World in January 2014, and then my 10th half there in November 2016, I’m incredibly excited about running another milestone race at the place where my running journey first began.
2. I usually go into races with very specific time goals in mind, but next weekend I’ll be running both races with the only goal to be to have fun on the courses. Kathleen and I will run both races together, and plan to stop for character pictures and fully enjoy the Disney race experience.
3. I am very much in need of a brief break from the stress of the normal routine here at home. Although there have been some moments this past week when I’ve felt a tiny bit of Mommy guilt about the idea of leaving my boys behind here at home, I know that the short getaway will allow me to return home to them recharged and excited to see them.
4. The warm weather is calling my name! I’ve started stalking the weather forecast, and as of now its looking like it’ll be warm and sunny each day of race weekend. I’m excited to pack a suitcase with shorts and tank tops to wear at the parks.
5. Since we’ll be at Disney, I’m looking forward to all things Disney. This will be a very quick trip (I fly down Thursday night after work and then fly home Sunday afternoon after the half marathon), but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t any fun to be had while there. I’m excited to enjoy the short amount of time that I have at the parks and savor some Disney food and drinks.
QOTD: What are you most looking forward to about your next race weekend?