What I’m Looking Forward to About Princess Half Marathon Weekend

One week from today, I will be waking up at the most magical place on Earth!  The countdown is on to when I fly down next Thursday evening to Disney for a fun girls’ weekend.

There are so many reasons why I’m excited about my next race weekend, including:

1.  Next Sunday I will run my 15th half marathon.  After having run my 1st half marathon at Disney World in January 2014, and then my 10th half there in November 2016, I’m incredibly excited about running another milestone race at the place where my running journey first began.

Crossing the finish lines of my 1st and 10th half marathons

2.  I usually go into races with very specific time goals in mind, but next weekend I’ll be running both races with the only goal to be to have fun on the courses.  Kathleen and I will run both races together, and plan to stop for character pictures and fully enjoy the Disney race experience.

During the 2016 Wine and Dine 10k
Photo Credit: Disney World PhotoPass

3.  I am very much in need of a brief break from the stress of the normal routine here at home.  Although there have been some moments this past week when I’ve felt a tiny bit of Mommy guilt about the idea of leaving my boys behind here at home, I know that the short getaway will allow me to return home to them recharged and excited to see them.

4.  The warm weather is calling my name!  I’ve started stalking the weather forecast, and as of now its looking like it’ll be warm and sunny each day of race weekend.  I’m excited to pack a suitcase with shorts and tank tops to wear at the parks.

I’m so excited about the current forecast for next weekend!

5.  Since we’ll be at Disney, I’m looking forward to all things Disney.  This will be a very quick trip (I fly down Thursday night after work and then fly home Sunday afternoon after the half marathon), but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t any fun to be had while there.  I’m excited to enjoy the short amount of time that I have at the parks and savor some Disney food and drinks.

QOTD: What are you most looking forward to about your next race weekend?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to What I’m Looking Forward to About Princess Half Marathon Weekend

1. I always love your Disney race photos! Hope you all have a fabulous time this weekend

2. Rachel says:

You’re going to have so much fun! I’m so jealous. I could really use some warm weather right about now!

I hope you have a great time and enjoy your girls trip away! Have a great race too!

4. Have so much fun!!! Good luck!!! I’m so jealous of those awesome temperatures too!! 🙂

Have fun! I couldn’t believe it when you said next week. Enjoy!

6. Oh, the weather looks awesome!!!! Have fun!

7. That forecast looks heavenly! What a nice escape from winter!

Sounds like you’ve got a great weekend planned! That warm weather you’ll have is definitely making me jealous 🙂

9. My sister and I were talking about doing Princess again. We haven’t done it for a few years now. That is one of our favorite race weekends. Enjoy the warm weather!

10. Julie @ Running in a Skirt says:

How much fun!!! I grew up in Orlando and ran the race a few years ago- it was magical!

11. Wendy says:

Have fun at your girls’ weekend and good luck at the race! Looking forward to the recap.

12. kookyrunner says:

I predict that you will have another super fun weekend!

13. Jessica says:

Sounds like you’re going to have an awesome time! I’ve always thought the Disney races look like so much fun!

14. Be prepared for the heat and the humidity! It’s been rough down here.

That being said, you are going to have a blast! Disney race weekends are always so fun and it’s going to be even better if you enjoy the heck out of the course and the photos and the memories.

My next race weekend is Best Damn Race in Orlando. I’m running with one of my running besties, and it’s always a great time. I can’t wait to spend 9.3 miles with her!

15. jessicam1407 says:

I’m excited to read about your experiences! Following your training has definitely given me runDisney FOMO! 🙂

16. Yay for the Princess half! It was one of my first half marathons in 2012!
    Enjoy all the fun in the sun and with your friends!