Five Health and Fitness Must Haves

Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate and referral links.

We’re officially halfway through the first month of the year.  Most people are likely still enthusiastic about doing what it takes to make progress towards meeting the health and fitness resolutions that they set at the beginning of the year.  Although attitude, focus, and motivation are a huge part of what it takes to reach those goals, its often helpful to have some tools to assist along the way.  I’m not somebody who needs the latest and greatest when it comes to gadgets, but there are several things that I do enjoy having on hand to aide me in living an active and healthy lifestyle.

1.  AfterShokz Headphones

I am one of those people who finds it much easier to focus while working out while listening to music.  I used to use the basic white Apple headphones that come standard with Apple devices, but often found that they fell out of my ears while working out and that the sound quality deteriorated rapidly after just a couple of months of using them.  I received my AfterShokz headphones last Christmas, and I haven’t used a different pair of headphones since I received them.  I absolutely love how they fit, and the sound quality is still as amazing today as it was when I first received the headphones last December.  They connect to my phone via Bluetooth, which means that I no longer have to battle cords running from my face to my device during my workouts.  Without a doubt, these are the best headphones that I’ve ever owned.

I love how comfortable AfterShokz headphones are, no matter if I’m running a 5k or a marathon or a distance in between

2.  Flectson Reflective Vest

Its no secret that I’m not a fan of winter, and one of the reasons for that is because of how short the days are.  I often feel that I’m under a time crunch to get home after work in the winter in order to get a run in before the sun sets.  I’m usually unable to get my run started early enough in order to get back home before the sun sets, so I’m incredibly grateful that I received a Flectson Reflective Vest for Christmas.  Even though I would much rather run while it is still bright out, wearing a reflective vest makes running at dusk much safer than it would be without wearing one.  I appreciate how easy this vest is to put on and how adjustable the size is, so even when its cold and I am wearing several layers the vest still fits correctly.

Sporting my vest earlier this week, which still fit even on top of the multiple layers that I wore in order to stay warm.

3.  doTERRA Grapefruit Essential Oil

When I decided that one of my goals for 2018 was going to be to lose some weight, I started to do my research on what I could use to supplement a healthy diet in order to support this goal.  After doing some research, as well as talking to my chiropractor, I decided to give doTERRA Grapefuit Essential Oil a try.  This essential oil aides in helping to increase motivation for working out, as well as helps to support a healthy metabolism.  I add a couple of drops of the oil to a cup of water at least once a day, and have already noticed a difference in my enthusiasm for wanting to push myself even more than previously towards reaching my goals.

4.  SmartyPants Vitamins

I’ve always had an issue with tolerating swallowing large pills early in the morning, so from the moment that I first tried out SmartyPants gummy vitamins I was sold.  Not only are they easy on the stomach but the women’s complete version, which I take, includes 15 essential vitamins, as well as omega 3.

5.  thredUP Account

thredUP is an online consignment store, which features clothes for women and children.  I have found several great pieces, including workout apparel, on thredUP, and paid pennies for them compared to what I would have paid had I purchased them retail.  Many items sold on thredUP are still brand new with the original store tags on them.  Want to give thredUP a try yourself?  Use this referral link and you’ll receive a $10 credit when you create your account.

These Gap Fit capris are one of the gems that I have found on thredUP. They looked brand new when I opened the box, yet I bought them for less than 30% of their retail value.

QOTD: What is one of your current health or fitness must haves?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Five Health and Fitness Must Haves

1. Food and more food especially protein for ladies. Other than that I love my molasses

2. Farrah says:

I’m definitely with you on those Aftershokz headphones! I love them so much!! I’ve been meaning to check out thredUP too!!

3. Renee says:

yes on the reflective vest!!! I currently have no headphones but I’ve heard Aftershokz are great!

I know I drink more hot herbal tea in the winter – it’s very soothing and warms me up when I feel like I’m too cold to move!

4. Marcia says:

Lately I’m all about my Spandits Iceclandic tights. The fleece lining cannot be beat in these cold temps we’ve been having.

5. Kim Hatting says:

I need to get on the Aftershokz band wagon. My Shuffle is dying a slow and painful death (for both of us), and it’s almost time for me to move on….

Ooh, I had never heard of Thred Up before, I’ll have to check that out!

I take the Women’s One a Day, but I have a pill cutter since I can’t swallow big vitamins. I’ve noticed all of the chewable vitamins I’ve looked at don’t have iron, and I need that supplement in my diet. I definitely don’t eat enough iron-rich foods.

8. Rachel says:

Those capris are adorbs! I’ve never heard of threadUP but I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks!

9. Coco says:

I was hoping Santa would bring me Aftershokz ….

10. Wendy says:

I”ve never heard of threadUP! I’ll have to check it out. You know I”m all about my InkNBurn these days.

11. Clarinda says:

I love my AfterShokz headphones, too. But only when I’m out for a run. I find them difficult for yoga or exercises when I have to lie down. I have some bluetooth Jaybird headphones for those times.

I’ll have to check out ThreadUp. Sounds interesting!

12. I’m a huge fan of Aftershokz! I also use doTerra oils – especially lemon. I’ll have to try the grapefruit.

13. Virjinia says:

I LOVE threadUp. I’ve found so many goodies from the site. Those headphones sound awesome. I need to look into these since I’ve been searching for a new pair recently!

14. Cute tights! I have never heard of thredUP. I will have to check that site out. Thanks for linking up!

15. Apparently I need to jump on the Aftershokz headphones bandwagon. I definitely need a pair outside of my Bose because those don’t get sweaty lol.

16. I need to look into some Aftershokz for my hubby! He is in need of a new pair!
    Thank you for being a wise runner and wearing a reflective vest! I can not even begin to count the number of people I see in my neighborhood around and after dark who are in all black running or walking on the street!
    My go-to product is my apple watch!

17. AJ says:

I’m glad you mentioned aftershockz- you have the titanium pair? I’ve been looking at the new ones but they don’t have a kids size yet so was wanting to ask someone about the last version.

18. MCM Mama says:

I love gummy vitamins. I’m much more likely to take my actual vitamins when it’s like getting a piece of candy…

19. Mary says:

I’m sure your family was happy to give you that reflective vest to help keep you safe. Here’s to longer days soon!

20. lameshac says:

Thank you for the wonderful information. Reading this blog was perfect timing, I haven’t heard of AfterShokz and I am in need of (yet) another set of wireless headphones … it’s amazing how quickly they kick the bucket if they aren’t a good pair. Definitely going to look into AfterShokz! Great post 😉

21. WP Expert says:

great tips, thanks for sharing