Top 5 Posts of 2017

Its always fun to look back at the end of the year, and one of my favorite end of the year posts is always my “Top 5 Posts” of the year.  What were the most popular posts in 2017 on From Dancing to Running?

5.  Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Half Marathon Recap

This race was by far the coldest race that I have ever run.  The sub freezing temperature made this a very challenging race for me.  This race was a good lesson for me about how no matter how well training goes you never know what conditions you will face on race day.

4.  Marathon Training Plan Advice

After receiving some much needed advice from many friends and fellow runners, I reflected on all of that advice and used it to help shape my marathon training plan.

3.  What I Learned from Training for and Running My First Marathon

In this post I reflected on five lessons that I learned from training for and running my first marathon.  One surprising lesson for many was the discovery that doing the bulk of my marathon training during my summer break and running an early fall marathon works best for my family’s calendar.  And surprising to many, heat and humidity actually don’t bother me that much.  I would much rather be hot than cold, including when I’m running.

2.  Now That I’m A Marathoner, What’s Next

Just 0.2 miles away from crossing the finish line of my first marathon

The week after running the Chicago Marathon I shared my short term plans for the remainder of 2017, as well as looked ahead to the beginning of 2018.

1.  Chicago Marathon Recap

I’m not surprised whatsoever that the recap of my first marathon was my most popular post this year.  Running the streets of Chicago, and doing so on behalf of Ronald McDonald House Charities and in memory of my childhood friend Tammy, was such a powerful and moving experience.  Although there is nothing quite like your first marathon, I’m excited to run Chicago again in 2018.

QOTD: What was your favorite From Dancing to Running post from 2016?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Top 5 Posts of 2017

Great list! Yeah, RnR DC was definitely a tough one this year, I think it’s the coldest race I’ve ever done too 😦

2. Meghann says:

Just recently found your blog. I can’t wait to read about your experience and training with your first marathon. I’m currently in the early stages of training for my first full in April!

It’s been a great year for you with training for and running your first full! I’ve loved following along with your journey! 🙂

4. I really want to run R’n’R DC, but realized that it’s the same weekend as my Leprechaun Chase (in Des Moines…that I’ve already registered for…#DUH). So….that won’t be happening. I’m the same way…I’d much rather be hot than cold when running (or racing).

5. Rachel says:

You had great posts this year. It was fun following all of your training and racing adventures!

6. kookyrunner says:

I really enjoyed getting to know you more through your blog this year and following your marathon journey!

7. I always love reading posts of someone’s first marathon. It’s like you got to join an exclusive club and can relate to others that have done that as well:) What a great year you had Kathryn!

8. Wendy says:

I enjoy reading race recaps and lessons learned from the races! I haven’t gone through my stats for the year yet but I suspect that my RA posts are going to be my most popular. Who knew?

9. RunningMyCourse says:

I was at the RNR DC marathon and it was legit cold! I’ve never been so cold and uncomfortable in a race before. Then Chicago was the flip side, ending much warmer than I would’ve liked. Such an awesome race though. What a great 1st marathon for you! Are you going back to Chicago in 2018?

10. Each one of these posts was a great read and a wonderful story, Kathryn. I wish you an even better 2018 with even better posts!