With so much going on right now, I thought it appropriate to do a Potpourri post today.
1. This past week has been a very long and very trying week. Little man is sick with a cold, which has resulted in several nights of interrupted sleep for all of us. I also suffered through a migraine on Wednesday and Thursday, which I’m sure is partly a result of the lack of sleep. And no, I didn’t just stay home one day to try and recover. Its way more difficult to put together last minute sub plans than it is to just push through.
2. This weekend I’ll be completing my longest run ever – 20 miles! Since I am registered to run Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly on Sunday, I plan to arrive downtown early in order to run most if not all of the extra miles before the half marathon starts at 7:30 a.m. Its going to be a very early morning, but I know that if I don’t get the miles in early then I will be very tempted to not run all 20 that are on my plan for the day.
3. My excitement for the Chicago Marathon continues to build as each day passes and race day gets closer. Earlier this week I finished plotting out suggested places along the course for my family to cheer from. The official marathon program was made available this week. And rumor has it that Nike will start to release pictures of the official merchandise this weekend. I cannot wait to see what will be available!
4. Preston and I have been looking ahead at our fall calendar, and it is shaping up to be quite a busy, but fun, fall. We have something going on almost every weekend between now and Thanksgiving. Its a bit exhausting just thinking about everything that we have coming up. But one thing is for certain: I’d much rather be busy than bored.
5. Speaking of fall, those who know me well know that fall is far my my favorite season of the year. I would much rather be hot than cold. However, the dropping temperatures and lower humidity have definitely had a positive impact on my running, and hopefully I’ll start to see some speedier paces sooner than later.
QOTD: What was one highlight for you from this past week and/or what are your plans for this weekend?