Friday Five – My Fall Race Calendar

With summer quickly coming to an end, that means that fall is right around the corner.  And one of the highlights for me every fall is the start of race season.

There are so many fun races held every fall.  Its not hard to find numerous races held every weekend.  There are so many races to choose from, and it is very easy to over schedule yourself with fall races.

I am incredibly excited about the races currently on my fall calendar.  I have registered for all but the last race on my calendar.

1.  Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon – September 17th

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of the Rock ‘n’ Roll race series, and this will be my third time running Philly (I ran in 2015 at 32 weeks pregnant, and then again last year).  This year’s race is the same weekend as my planned 20 miler for marathon training, so my current plan is to run 7 miles before the start of the half marathon, and then use the race to help keep me motivated with what will be my most challenging marathon training run.

After completing Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly in 2015 at 32 weeks pregnant

2.  Dulles Day 10k on the Runway – September 23rd

This will be my fourth year running Dulles Day (I ran the inaugural 5k in 2013, the 10k in 2014, and the 5k in 2015).  I am excited to be returning to this race again this year after there being a scheduling conflict last year.  Running on an airport runway is incredibly exciting, and I cannot wait to share this experience with my little man since strollers are allowed on the course.

Running on the runway at Dulles Airport during the Dulles Day 10k in September 2014
Photo Credit: PR Races

3.  Clarendon Day Double (5k and 10k) – September 24th

Clarendon Day falls on the same weekend as my last double digit run for marathon training, so this race day will provide another great opportunity for extra motivation.  I’ve only previously run the 10k (in both 2014 and 2015), but by participating in the double, I’ll first run the 5k and then the 10k.  Oh, and in between races I have to make it back up the “hill of death” in Rosslyn.  I’m looking forward to this fun challenge!

At the Clarendon Day finish line in 2015

4.  Chicago Marathon – October 8th

To say I am excited about running my first marathon is an understatement.  For the most part, marathon training has been going well and I cannot wait to see how my hard work pays off in just six and a half short weeks.

5.  Jingle Bell Jog 5k – December 10th

Although I haven’t registered for this race yet, I am very seriously considering running this Christmas themed race.  I haven’t run a Christmas race since 2014, and would love to enjoy this race with my little man since strollers are allowed on the course.  There is also an Elf Dash that he can participate in.  If I sign him up, this will be his second race (his first being his diaper dash last November).

QOTD: What race(s) are you most looking forward to running this fall?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

I am also linking up with Deb for the Race Linkup.  Be sure to also check out her post for more race ideas.

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Friday Five – My Fall Race Calendar

How fun you will be able to run Dulles with little man!

2. kookyrunner says:

I’ll also be tackling my one and only 20 miler for marathon training at RnR Philly. My hotel has a treadmill so I might try to do a few on there and then run to the race to get in my 7 miles. Hope to see you in Philly and Chicago!

3. So many races!!! I have a double race coming up 5k/half Sept 15/16 and so far that is it! I’m thinking about one on Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian) which is October 8th but have yet to decided what I’ll sign up for. Love that some races allow strollers!

4. What a bunch of fun races you have coming up! I love everything about fall, including all of the cool race options. So excited for Chicago and praying for good weather!

5. I’ve got a 10-mile race from Indiana to Kentucky that will take my across the Ohio River in September, my town’s half marathon in October, and then my marathon in November. After the marathon, I have an 8k and I’m goin g to be interested to see what my time will be…my goal will be to PR this race (I’ve had a lot of PRs this year), but it’s one week after the marathon, so we will see what happens!

You’ve got so many fun races on your schedule! I think I’m most excited about the Columbus half in October that I’m going to be running with some childhood friends.

7. Love Philly. Glad you posted about Rock N’ Roll, I’ve got to get to a race there soon. My hubs and I get there often enough, it would be fun to schedule a visit around a run next time. thanks! x

I’m excited about RnR Vegas as my first night race, but training snuck up on me. If I hadn’t sat down and mapped out my training plan this week, I would’ve missed next week as week #1. Oops!

9. I am so excited for you to run the Chicago Marathon!!! It’ll be here before you know it.

10. I’m definitely looking forward to the Chicago marathon! I have no other races until then so I’m just trying to make sure I’m at 100% when I get there. Good luck on your races!

11. We have several awesome races in my area, but you definitely have a much better selection. I’m hoping to do a couple shorter races in Sept. (5K) and Oct. (5K and 5-mile combo)…and then my “big” race is the RnR 13.1 in Vegas in November…if all goes well with my continued recovery (fingers crossed).

12. You’ve got some fun races lined up! Love Philly RnR – hope to get back there next year.

13. That’s a really full schedule! Sounds like you’ll be having a lot of fun! I’m looking forward to running my first trail half marathon on October 7th!

14. Coco says:

Are you doing Dulles and the Clarendon Double the same weekend?? Wow. I think I have the Reston 10 miler that weekend.

15. Rachel says:

Oh my gosh, you have such a full schedule! I am planning nothing after Marine Corps. Not even a Turkey Trot.

16. Wendy says:

I’ve got 2 half marathons (RnR Las Vegas and Panama City Beach) and the Hot Chocolate 15k on the calendar.

17. angela@marathonsandmotivation.com says:

So many AMAZING races on the agenda! I have no doubt you will rock them all and CRUSH your goals! Good luck.

18. John @ run. geek. run(disney) says:

Awesome race schedule. I’d love to do RnR Philly, though super excited to do RnR Brooklyn this year. I’ll also be at Clarendon Day Run, trying to see if I can manage the double with the hill of death to get back to the start line in time.

19. Toni says:

Looks like all great races! I have too many lines up for this season, but I am excited about it!!

20. So glad to see you’re doing Philly! I’m registered for it, but I have a new job and work Sundays now. Gotta save up that PTO for Disney! Good luck for all of your races! I don’t have too much planned this fall. I’m excited for a 12 miler this weekend, and then I’m really looking forward to the Disney marathon weekend in January!