Friday Five – Potpourri v. 20

Happy Belated 4th of July!  If you follow me on social media, then you may have noticed that we were out of town for the long holiday weekend, and I made a last minute decision to not blog while we were away.  We had a busy four days away, which included time at the beach, a trip to the Philly Zoo, and lots of time with my in-laws.  Since its been a week since I last blogged, let’s catch up a bit.

My little family on 4th of July

1.  Last Friday, I reached my fundraising goal with Ronald McDonald House Charities!  In October I will be running the Chicago Marathon as a member of Team RMHC, and am excited that I no longer have the stress of needing to reach my goal.  That doesn’t mean that I am not still accepting donations, and welcome any and all support as I prepare to run my first marathon.

2.  While we were away, I did keep up with my training.  On Monday I will recap the past two weeks of training with my usual training log and share all of the details of how I’ve been staying active.

3.  Since school ended last Monday, I have been thoroughly enjoying my temporary time as a stay at a home mom.  The past two weeks have just flown by, as little man and I have been staying quite active.  It makes me a tad sad to think about how quickly time has flown, and that before I know it it’ll be time to head back to school.  But in the meantime, I’m soaking up all of my time with my little man.

Last Friday at a local splash pad

4.  This coming week I will start working on the annual summer curriculum project with my school district.  While I am not excited about having some of my time with my little man taken away, I will be working from home for the majority of this year’s project, so I am appreciative of the ability to continue to spend as much time with my little man as I can.

5.  This weekend I will continue to increase the distance of my long run.  I have 12 miles on tap for tomorrow’s long run, and before I know it I’ll be reaching new PDRs (personal distance records).

QOTD: What did you do to celebrate Independence Day?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 20

1. Angela says:

Sounds like you had a great time!
    Before you know it 12 miles will be a short run for you!!!

2. kookyrunner says:

Great job on keeping up with your training while away and congrats on reaching your fundraising goal so soon!
    I also have 12 miles on tap for tomorrow. Hope you have a great long run!

3. Good luck reaching those PDRs (that’s an acronym I haven’t heard yet). And it’s wonderful that you’ll be able to work from home a lot!

4. Looks like you all had a fun weekend away. It is crazy how fast time goes and it’s nice that you have some more time this summer to spend together. Congrats on hitting your fundraising goal already!

5. Wendy says:

Enjoy every minute of summer with your cutie!!! I know I sound like an old lady, but the time goes so fast.

6. That’s great that you’ve reached your fundraising goal. I can see where that would be stressful worrying about that. What methods did you use to earn the funds?

So glad you had a great time with family and with your little man! He’s so precious! I’m excited for the remainder of your marathon journey! It will be here before you know it!

8. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Wow, great job with your fundraising, it’s nice that you’ve met your goal early and won’t have to worry about it in the months ahead. I thought I saw a pic of you at the Philly Zoo – hope you had a great time! Your little guy is adorable!

9. Congrats on meeting your fundraising goal! I know it isn’t easy.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

10. Lourenza says:

Congrats on meeting your goal. I am also running Chicago Marathon. 10 miles on tap for me this week. Happy running!!

There are times I wish I could still have some summer vacation. Now I have to take vacation days, but I’m thinking of taking a couple during August for a long weekend.

12. That’s great that you’ve reached your fundraising goal already! I didn’t blog for a week either – we travelled for Canada Day weekend so it was nice to have a break from trying to keep up with blogging.

13. Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal for Chicago! That’s amazing you have that accomplished already!

14. Rachel says:

Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal! That’s amazing!!

15. Congratulations on reaching your goal! I’m sure that’s a weight off your shoulders and now you can focus on the running part!

We have a fireworks display about 5 miles away, which we attend almost every year on the third. This year, on the 4th, we had a culdesac BBQ and lit off smaller fireworks and just a great time with the neighbors. It was perfect.

16. Coco says:

Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal! That’s awesome. I know you will treasure your time home this summer!

17. MB Jackson says:

Enjoy all this summer time with the family! and congrats on reaching your fundraising goal- awesome!

18. I hope your 12 miler went well!