Happy Belated 4th of July! If you follow me on social media, then you may have noticed that we were out of town for the long holiday weekend, and I made a last minute decision to not blog while we were away. We had a busy four days away, which included time at the beach, a trip to the Philly Zoo, and lots of time with my in-laws. Since its been a week since I last blogged, let’s catch up a bit.
1. Last Friday, I reached my fundraising goal with Ronald McDonald House Charities! In October I will be running the Chicago Marathon as a member of Team RMHC, and am excited that I no longer have the stress of needing to reach my goal. That doesn’t mean that I am not still accepting donations, and welcome any and all support as I prepare to run my first marathon.
— Kathryn (@Dancing2Running) July 1, 2017
2. While we were away, I did keep up with my training. On Monday I will recap the past two weeks of training with my usual training log and share all of the details of how I’ve been staying active.
3. Since school ended last Monday, I have been thoroughly enjoying my temporary time as a stay at a home mom. The past two weeks have just flown by, as little man and I have been staying quite active. It makes me a tad sad to think about how quickly time has flown, and that before I know it it’ll be time to head back to school. But in the meantime, I’m soaking up all of my time with my little man.
4. This coming week I will start working on the annual summer curriculum project with my school district. While I am not excited about having some of my time with my little man taken away, I will be working from home for the majority of this year’s project, so I am appreciative of the ability to continue to spend as much time with my little man as I can.
5. This weekend I will continue to increase the distance of my long run. I have 12 miles on tap for tomorrow’s long run, and before I know it I’ll be reaching new PDRs (personal distance records).
QOTD: What did you do to celebrate Independence Day?