Catching Up!

Today’s blog post is only my eighth blog post for the month of May.  My lack of writing lately was not planned, but life got quite busy, and something had to give.  So what’s been going on with me lately?

The month of May is one of the busiest months of the school year, as it is testing season.  Not only did my AP students take their AP exam mid-month, but Virginia state testing was the main focus at school for the second half of the month.  I put in a lot of late afternoons at school working with students, which meant I had less time for writing blog posts, and reading and commenting on others’ blogs.

Last week Preston was out of the country for the week for work.  Although my dad was here and helped out quite a bit, there was still a lot of stress when it came to being the only parent around.  There are just some times when a child only wants Mommy or Daddy, not their grandfather.

Little man loved being able to read stories with his Papa while he was here

Even with the past several weeks being incredibly busy, I have managed to keep up with my fitness and am almost 100% on track with my May goals.  We have had so many beautiful weather days this month, and I have loved being able to get outside, exercise, and take advantage of as many nice days as I have been able to.  I’ve been keeping up with running twice a week, and have spent more time this month than in previous months focusing on cross and strength training.

Last week I received my official “Welcome to Team RMHC” packet, which included my training shirt and a motivational note from the team captain.  I cannot believe that one week from today I will kick off my marathon training.  I’m excited and scared all at the same time.

So yes, its been quite a busy couple of weeks recently.  I’m looking forward to the end of the school year in late June so that I can relax a bit more and devote more time to the things that I enjoy doing, including blogging.

QOTD: What’s been going on with you lately?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Catching Up!

1. kookyrunner says:

That’s awesome that you are so on track with your May goals considering how busy you have been this month! Thank you so much for all that you do as a teacher – you guys definitely don’t get enough props!

How exciting that you received items from RMHC – definitely motivation for marathon training!!

2. The end of the school year is approaching and i’m ready for summer! I hope marathon training goes well for you this summer!

3. Wendy says:

I bet you can’t wait for summer!

4. Clarinda says:

I’m sure your students appreciate your extra time during this very busy month! Great job staying on top of your goals, and the summer is almost here! Whoo hoo!!

5. Coco says:

Yay on keeping after your goals. SOLs seem to take over schools this time of year!

6. Yes I can imagine how busy it is for teachers this time of year. It’s busy for the kids too! But you almost done 🙂

That’s impressive you were able to do so well with your goals given how busy May was, great job!

8. Rachel says:

I feel you with the busyness of life. I admit I’ve had to drop a blog post here and there to keep up, but it is what it is, right? Glad you’re staying up with your fitness!

9. April and May are always crazy for me. Add to the mix, we’ve had a graduation (of some sort) for the past three years (HS for the middle kid, college for the oldest, 2-yr. college for the middle kid) and it will only continue for the next few years (HS for the youngest, 4-yr. college for the middle kid, 2-yr. college for the youngest…..). Crazy!

Your dad and your sweet little man…so cute! I’m sorry it’s been so busy lately! Hope the remainder of the school year passes quickly for you!

11. Ha! When I launched my blog about 6 months ago, I planned to post weekly…I am barely able to post monthly. Life sure does get in the way! I’ll get there. I’m doing Chicago as well and am hoping to be able to sync up my posts with my training.

12. Pingback: June 2017 Goals | From Dancing to Running