May is always exciting for so many reasons. Not only does it mean that the end of the school year is in sight, but it also means that summer is right around the corner. As usual, our summer is going to be quite busy and filled with lots of activities. Some of my current countdowns include:
1. 1 day until my dad arrives. My dad will be here for a week, starting tomorrow. We’re excited to have him stay with us while he’s here meeting with clients. I have no doubt that he’ll be amazed by how much little man has grown since we last saw him.
2. 15 days until ZOOMA Annapolis. I ran ZOOMA last June, and I cannot wait to run the half marathon again this year. With marathon training right around the corner, I will be running this race “for fun” and will be focused on enjoying the course and the race itself instead of obsessing about my pace and crossing the finish line in a certain time. (Want to join myself and many other wonderful ladies at ZOOMA Annapolis this year? There’s still time to register, and you can save 10% by using discount code KATHRYN2017.)
3. 17 days until marathon training starts. Although I’ve been enjoying my break from training, I’m eagerly anticipating the start of marathon training. I’m excited, nervous, and scared about training for my first marathon, which I am told are all normal feelings to have just before starting training. I am more than ready to start my journey towards running the Chicago Marathon!
4. 38 days until the last day of school. Yes, we don’t end our school year until the last week of June. I am quite jealous of those of you in other areas of the country that are about to start summer break.
5. 72 days until Preston and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Its hard to believe that its already been six years since we said “I do” to each other!
QOTD: What are you looking forward to this summer?