So this happened yesterday:
As an annual passholder, I was able to take advantage of early registration yesterday for Princess Half Marathon weekend. My friend Kathleen and I have been talking about a girls weekend at Disney World for this race for awhile now, and yesterday I took a huge step towards making it a reality. Although Kathleen still has to register when general registration opens up on Tuesday, I have no doubt that she’ll get in. She has a history of making it into quick to sell out races, including runDisney races.
There’s so many reasons why I’m looking forward to this race weekend:
1. I’m registered for the Fairy Tale Challenge (previously named Glass Slipper Challenge), which means that I’ll be running the Enchanted 10k on Saturday followed by the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday. I’m excited to complete my second runDisney challenge, and participate in my third runDisney race weekend.
2. Kathleen and I haven’t run a race together since the Shamrock 8k back in March 2015. We now have two race weekends on our calendars that we’ll be running together at. We’ll be running the Chicago Marathon together in October, and then the Fairy Tale Challenge together in February.
3. We plan to PR in fun while at Disney. We both focus on pace and finish times at most of our races, and it’ll be a nice change of pace to focus on just having fun while running. Good thing its hard to not have fun while running at Disney.
4. I cannot wait to run down Main Street and through Cinderella’s Castle during the half marathon. It was such a magical experience when I got to do this while running the Disney World Half Marathon back in January 2014, and I cannot wait to do it again.
5. Although I love my little man dearly, a little break from mommy responsibilities will be nice. I’m sure that he and daddy will have a fun weekend at home together while I’m at Princess.
Although our girls weekend won’t be until February, both Kathleen and I are incredibly excited, and very much looking forward to Princess 2018!
QOTD: What runDisney race weekend is on your bucket list?