Princess Half, Here We Come!

So this happened yesterday:

As an annual passholder, I was able to take advantage of early registration yesterday for Princess Half Marathon weekend.  My friend Kathleen and I have been talking about a girls weekend at Disney World for this race for awhile now, and yesterday I took a huge step towards making it a reality.  Although Kathleen still has to register when general registration opens up on Tuesday, I have no doubt that she’ll get in.  She has a history of making it into quick to sell out races, including runDisney races.

There’s so many reasons why I’m looking forward to this race weekend:

1.  I’m registered for the Fairy Tale Challenge (previously named Glass Slipper Challenge), which means that I’ll be running the Enchanted 10k on Saturday followed by the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday.  I’m excited to complete my second runDisney challenge, and participate in my third runDisney race weekend.

2.  Kathleen and I haven’t run a race together since the Shamrock 8k back in March 2015.  We now have two race weekends on our calendars that we’ll be running together at.  We’ll be running the Chicago Marathon together in October, and then the Fairy Tale Challenge together in February.

Kathleen and I before the start of the Shamrock 8k back in March 2015, which is the last race that we ran together

3.  We plan to PR in fun while at Disney.  We both focus on pace and finish times at most of our races, and it’ll be a nice change of pace to focus on just having fun while running.  Good thing its hard to not have fun while running at Disney.

4.  I cannot wait to run down Main Street and through Cinderella’s Castle during the half marathon.  It was such a magical experience when I got to do this while running the Disney World Half Marathon back in January 2014, and I cannot wait to do it again.

Running through Cinderella’s Castle was one of the highlights of my first half marathon
Photo Credit: MarathonFoto

5.  Although I love my little man dearly, a little break from mommy responsibilities will be nice.  I’m sure that he and daddy will have a fun weekend at home together while I’m at Princess.

Although our girls weekend won’t be until February, both Kathleen and I are incredibly excited, and very much looking forward to Princess 2018!

QOTD: What runDisney race weekend is on your bucket list?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Princess Half, Here We Come!

1. kookyrunner says:

So awesome about the Princess Half! I’ve heard that is an awesome and fun race! I don’t have any Disney races on my bucket list, but I’d love to run a race is Hawaii or Puerto Rico one day.

2. Wendy says:

How fun that you get to do another Disney half and with a good friend!

3. I’m so excited for you to run your first PHM!!! I feel the vibe at princess is so different than other Disney races!!
    There are so many races I want to do the first half of 2018 that I don’t know if PHM will make the cut. I’d like to do it again someday though!
    Thanks for lining up!

4. I love how much you love your Disney races! I still have not done one 🙂

5. Alaina @ thesimplepeach says:

I love all the Disney race weekends and have done Princess for the last three years. It’s the perfect girls trip! I won’t be going in 2018 which is so sad! You will have the best time. I love that you plan to PR in fun 🙂

Princess was my first half, and I loved it! I would love to do the Star Wars weekend at Disneyland but Run Disney has delayed registration for that weekend, but there’s no reason stated for it.

7. MB Jackson says:

You will have a blast! and will enjoy a mommy free break too- good for you!

8. A Disney girls race weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I still haven’t tried a Disney race yet.

9. looks like a fun time is in store!

10. I’m SO JEALOUS!! I want to sign up so badly, but I think my friends are getting married that weekend.

11. Rachel says:

How exciting! You guys will have a ball, I’m sure. 🙂

12. I am registered for the Fairytale Challenge too and the 5k! I’m going with my mom and two daughters. They will all run the 5k too! I went to my first Princess weekend last year and was sad to miss this year. I absolutely loved it! Hope I get to see you there!

13. This sounds like it will be so much fun! I definitely want to do a Disney race one day, but Im not sure which one I would do! I guess it would depend on the distance and time of year. This sounds like a fun one!

14. Elaine says:

How fun to have a girls running getaway at Disney! When my girls are older, I might try to convince them to run one of their short races.

15. That’s exciting! I’m still trying to figure out this year’s races, I can’t even look at next year. Weekends or time away from kids is so good and important. I’m a believer that it makes you a better person and mom to have that time do yourself, good for you!

16. angela@marathonsandmotivation.com says:

Disney races are so much fun! I have done the marathon there 3 times and I am headed back to do it again in 2018!!

17. I’ve never done a Disney race, but they look super fun! I’m not sure I could get away with going to Disney without my littles, though. Good luck and, though I don’t have to say it, have fun!

18. I’m running in my first Disney race during marathon weekend in January. I’m doing the 10K. I really want to signup for the Star Wars weekend or Food & Wine in 2018.

19. I’m bummed they don’t have the Tower of Terror 10 miler anymore! That’s the race I wanted to do. I will make it to Disney one of these days for a race, but not sure which one!

20. Im so excited for you! I am heading down again for my annual girls weekend and running all three races!

21. I love the idea of PR’ing in fun! I have never done any RunDisney races but they always look like such a great time!

22. tonee78 says:

Sounds like it is
    Going to be a great weekend!!!! I hope to do princess someday.

23. Yay! Glad you two will have a girls trip together (post Chicago). Bummed won’t see you this weekend, but we’ll figure out something soon!

24. Pingback: My Goals for Monday’s Ringing in Hope 10k | From Dancing to Running

25. Kristen says:

“We plan to PR in fun while at Disney.” I love this attitude!! I’m going to have to remember that. I’m registered for the Princess Half too, It will be my first 13.1.

26. Pingback: 2017 Ringing in Hope 10k Recap | From Dancing to Running