This has been one of those weeks where there was a lot going on, and I have a lot of exciting updates to share!
1. After my disappointing race on Saturday at Rock ‘n’ Roll DC, I’ve started to collect my thoughts and reflect on what went well with my training and on race day and where I can make improvements. Since the weather odds were stacked against me on Saturday, and I put in a lot of hard work with my training, I want to run a redemption race this Spring. After much consideration, I’ve decided to run the Loudoun Half Marathon on April 23rd. With the race just over five weeks away, my focus will be on maintaining the strength and endurance that I developed during my RnRDC training.
2. Yesterday was my 4 year runiversary. Last year on my runiversary I took a big walk down memory lane. Over the past year, I’ve run four half marathons, two 10ks, and two 5ks. While this was significantly fewer races than in previous years, I focused on running quality races while balancing spending my time with my family.
3. Despite the cold, windy, snowy, and icy weather that we’ve been dealing with here in Northern Virginia, I couldn’t let my runiversary go by without going for a run. Winter running is not my thing, and I’m more than ready for Spring to arrive and stay for good.
4. Other than yesterday being my runiversary, it was also an exciting day because I bought our plane tickets to Chicago for the Chicago Marathon! Its hard to believe how quickly the year is already flying by, and that before we know it we’ll be flying to Chicago for my first marathon!
5. Not only did I register for the Loudoun Half this week, but I also registered for ZOOMA Annapolis in June. This will be the last half marathon that I run before I officially start marathon training. I had a blast running ZOOMA last year and can’t wait for this year’s race weekend. (And want to join me, either in person or virtually? Use discount code KATHRYN2017 to save 10% off of your race registration.)
QOTD: What exciting news do you have to share this week?