Thank goodness Friday is finally here! Its been a bit of a long week at our house. I didn’t share this until now for safety reasons, but Preston was in Florida for a business trip starting last Thursday. It was hard to have him gone for a week, including over a weekend. Although both my dad and father-in-law were here at different times in the week to help out with little man, nothing can replace having your husband and the father of your child at home. We’re so glad that he is home!
Not only am I glad to have my husband back home, but I’m excited that it is Rock ‘n’ Roll DC weekend!
1. I will be headed to the expo this afternoon to pick up my bib. Although I don’t have any plans to meet up with anybody there, it will be a nice surprise if I do run into somebody.
2. I am looking forward to seeing several familiar faces at the race tomorrow, including Cynthia, Janelle, Steff, and Chelsea. I’m hoping to finally meet Chaitali in person. And I’m very excited to see Courtney and Jenny cheering along the course.
3. Due to Metro not opening until 7:00 a.m., the half marathon doesn’t start until 8:30. It will be nice to not have to wake up as early as I usually do in order to make it to a race downtown.
4. Since sharing my race goals on Wednesday, I’ve been questioning whether or not any of them will be achievable. Although the chance of rain has disappeared from the forecast, it is looking like it will be an incredibly cold morning for a half marathon. I don’t handle cold weather well, so I am assuming that I will be slowed down a bit tomorrow during the race. I’m crossing my fingers that somehow the weathermen are wrong and that it won’t be as cold as they’re predicting, as I debate how many layers I should wear for the race.
5. Despite how cold it is looking like it will be tomorrow morning for the race, I’m excited to kick off my 2017 racing year by running a hometown race. I always love running in DC!
QOTD: Who else is running Rock ‘n’ Roll DC this weekend?