Friday Five – Five Bucket List Rock ‘n’ Roll Races

Disclaimer: As a Rock ‘n’ Blogger I received a complimentary Global Tour Pass.  As always, all opinions are my own.

On Wednesday I received some exciting news in my inbox:

rnr-2017

That’s right, I’ve been invited to be a member of the 2017 Rock ‘n’ Blog team!  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my involvement with the team over the past two years and am looking forward to working with the group for a third year.

After receiving my e-mail, I immediately started dreaming about which Rock ‘n’ Roll races I’d love to run.  If time and money weren’t an issue, I’d love to run:

1.  Mexico City – March 19, 2017

I’ve been to Mexico City once, and that was on a Spanish class trip during my junior year of high school.  I’d love to have an excuse to go back and explore the city.

2.  Madrid – April 23, 2017

I’ve never been to Europe, visiting Spain is high on my Europe bucket list.  I love running in new to me areas, so planning a racecation in Europe sounds like a great idea.

3.  San Diego – June 4, 2017

We visited San Diego back in 2013 and loved the city.  I’d love to have an excuse to go back again.

4.  Savannah – November 5, 2017

I visited Savannah on a girls’ trip back in 2009, but just like with San Diego, would love to have an excuse to go back and explore the city some more.

5.  Las Vegas – November 12, 2017

Running the strip at night has been on my bucket list for awhile now.  Maybe somebody I can make running this race a reality.

Realistically, I probably won’t make it to any of these races in 2017.  (The only maybe is Savannah, but the stars would have to align to make that happen.)  So which Rock ‘n’ Roll races are possibilities for me this year?  Next Saturday I’m running Rock ‘n’ Roll DC.  The other two half marathons that are strong possibilities are Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekend and Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia on September 17.  Both of these races fall on weekends in my Chicago Marathon training calendar when I plan to run 20 milers, so if I run these races I’d also have to run extra miles those weekends.

Want to run any of the Rock ‘n’ Roll races this year?  Discount code RnB15 will save you $15 on many races.  Some exclusions do apply.

QOTD: Which Rock ‘n’ Roll destinations are on your bucket list?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

frifive2

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Friday Five – Five Bucket List Rock ‘n’ Roll Races

1. kookyrunner says:

I did RnR San Diego and Las Vegas last year. I loved the San Deigo cours. It was hilly but the crowd support is awesome. Las Vegas was fun. The 5K wasnt great but the half was awesome because you got to run down the strip.

2. MCM Mama says:

Those are all great locations! I had to stop being an RNR ambassador because my schedule never seems to allow me to run their races. Glad you are having so much fun with them.

3. Marcia says:

RnRSAV has been on my bucket list forever. Flights from here are tough and $$$ though. I’m seriously eyeing one of the races in Mexico this year and Vegas is probably gonna happen, along with Chicago, maaaaybe Brooklyn!

4. I just dove right in — Vegas was my first half — and so far my only night half! There’s a local 5k that’s at night during the holidays. Actually, there are several, but I’ve only run that particular 5k because a lot of my friends do.

These all sound so fun! RNR Vegas is the only one on the list I’ve done and I really enjoyed it.

6. Jilliann says:

Savannah would be a great one I think. I’ve also heard good things about Philly. My dream would be Dublin! I am running Nashville this year and considering St Louis or Philly.

7. Jenny says:

Savannah is the closest one to me and it’s beautiful there so maybe that one. (I was hoping to get into the NYC marathon yesterday and did not so I have briefly considered the possibility of doing this one and making it my first marathon?? We’ll see!)

I would also love to do the Vegas one!

I’m still looking at races with 10k’s, but Denver and Las Vegas have those. I would’ve love to have done the Wine and Dine half before I got injured, but since they moved that to the morning, I think a night race in Vegas would be fun.

9. Congrats! I’ll be running San Diego for the 3rd time this year. 🙂 It helps that I’m from San Diego. Hah. I’ll also be runnning Las Vegas and Los Angeles this year. 🙂

10. Rachel says:

I would love to join you for all of those races. 🙂

11. MB Jackson says:

Congrats to you! Las Vegas is on the bucket list this year for sure! I hope to make it happen!

12. RnR Vegas was a blast I hope you have the chance to run it

13. I’m down for all of these. Let’s do it!

14. I would love to run in San Diego & DC! Congratulations on your being part of that awesome team!!!

15. I’m planning on LV and Chicago–I’d like to do Savannah and DC next year!

16. Congrats on being a Rock n blogger.

I stopped applying for the rock n blogger because I could never use up all three race passes..lol

I don’t have any RNR races in mind to do but if I change my mind I’ll be sure to use your code.

17. Elaine says:

I’ve ran San Diego several times (since I live here) and did Chicago two years ago. Planning a racecation in Vegas with my college friends – hope our schedules align because I’ve been wanting to run this one.

18. milebymileblog1 says:

This is a great list. Ive always thought about how much fun it would be to run Vegas. Congrats on being a Rock n Blogger!

19. Congrats on your ambassadorship! I’ve never had a Rock n Roll race on my list! To be fair there are none in Eastern Canada, and I’ve only heard about the through bloggers like yourself. It is fun to dream about races you want to do someday though!

20. Eek! I really hope to see you in Savannah and Vegas! I can’t wait!

21. My hubby just told me he wants to do the one in Ireland next year. We’ve already got several racecations in the US and in Europe planned for 2017, so hopefully we will add Ireland to our race schedule for next year.