Friday Five – Current Countdowns

March 1st is next week, which also means that Spring is right around the corner.  I cannot hide just how excited I am about the start of Spring.  Not only do I love Spring weather, but I also love that Spring is often jam packed with lots of fun activities, and this year certainly won’t be an exception.  There’s always so much to look forward to with the arrival of Spring.

I can’t wait for some of activities that are on our calendar this Spring.  Some of my current countdowns include:

1.  8 days until my dad arrives into town.  My dad is coming for a multipurpose trip, including to meet with clients, and we cannot wait to see him.

2.  15 days until Rock ‘n’ Roll DC.  My current training cycle has been flying by, and I cannot believe that I’m only two weeks away from running my 11th half marathon.  Still want to register?  Use code DANCINGTORUNNING to save $15 on your half or full marathon registration.

3.  28 days until we head to Illinois to visit my parents.  We’ll be spending a long weekend in Illinois for a big celebration, which I can’t wait to publicly share when I’m able to do so.

4.  43 days until we leave for Florida.  We’ll be on vacation for a week in Florida, spending the first half of the week on Treasure Island on the Gulf Coast, and the second half of the week at Disney.  Vacation cannot get here fast enough!

5.  99 days until ZOOMA Annapolis.  I still haven’t made a final decision as to whether I’ll be running the 10k or the half marathon.  But one thing is for certain: I had a blast during last year’s ZOOMA race weekend and I’m looking forward to an equally exciting race weekend this year.  Want to run ZOOMA Annapolis, or any other ZOOMA race this year?  Use code KATHRYN2017 to save 10% on your race registration.

After crossing the finish line at ZOOMA Annapolis last June

After crossing the finish line at ZOOMA Annapolis last June

QOTD: What Spring activities are you currently counting down to?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

frifive2

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous, Races and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Friday Five – Current Countdowns

1. I have a bunch of stuff happening in the Spring also…a 10-miler next month, a 10K next month, Fight for Air Climb in April, daughter’s prom and dance recital in April, our son’s college graduation in May, 13.1 and a team relay in May…..and that’s just what’s currently on the calendar LOL

2. Coco says:

I have such a busy spring coming up too! Betweeen work and running my head may be spinning!

3. kookyrunner says:

Looks like you have a busy few weeks/months up ahead, but all good things! 🙂

4. Well at least it wont be snowing and freezing for Rock n Roll this year!

5. I’m taking the kids to St. Louis for spring break and I can’t wait. Then my races start and I’ll be busy and having fun.

6. Rachel says:

How exciting! You have some awesome things to be counting down toward 🙂

There are a few non-running events I have coming up before my race on Memorial Day. The first one is Wednesday for an event at CU with Jenny Simpson and Emma Coburn.

8. March is a little nerve racking so I call it “March Madness” lol. Our next 4 weekends are booked solid with soccer tournaments, dance recitals, a pageant and my little boy’s 6th birthday. Poor fella has to go to a recital on his birthday. I am not too happy about the scheduling for so many things. Oh and my son will start Tee ball in March too so weekdays will be filled with his games. I’m looking forward to all of it, but I have trouble with the RUSH especially rushing from one thing to the next. I wish we could sit back and enjoy it all. Life is in too much of a hurry these days.

9. So many exciting things coming up for you! I don’t have an countdowns on at the moment but just looking forward to this coming weekend with my family and taking care of my niece!

10. MB Jackson says:

Spring is a great time! I am looking forward to running the Best Damn race in NOLA at the end of March! You can’t go wrong in New Orleans 🙂

11. I’m so excited for my trip to Florida in 3 weeks! My husband and sons aren’t going–it’s just going to be me and my parents. Can you say relax?

12. I have a DC race on my “mental list” of race cities I want to do. Not sure about the RNR though because of the time of year but had I known the weather was going to be this nice, I may have considered it.

Lots of fun things going on for you. I’m intrigued by this Treasure Island trip. I’ve never heard of that place.

13. Hmmm. I wonder if we will be in Disney at the same time.

I have a lot going on this Spring. We have Spring Break, and while we don’t usually do anything for it, I think this year Mr PugRunner wants to have a few days of something fun. We shall see.

I have a trip to Orlando next weekend for Best Damn Race with one of my favorite running friends, and another one planned for Savannah in the start of April with some more running friends. I cannot wait.

We are doing four days in Disney for little man’s 9th birthday, at his request. I am so excited.

And then, in May? I’m turning the big 4-0. I’m a little excited about that.

14. angela@marathonsandmotivation.com says:

I’m so excited about Spring as well! For me, it means getting back outside on my bike after a long winter of riding indoors on my trainer!!

15. Cassandra says:

Sounds like you have a lot of fun times coming up. Racing, traveling and hanging with family – those are 3 of the great joys in life. Hope you make amazing memories!

16. Where do your parents live in Illinois? I love spring too and my tulips are starting to come up because the weather has been warm. They need to go back to sleep because it has gotten cold again.

17. tonee78 says:

Looks like you have a
    Packed spring! Treasure island is beautiful from what I hear!

18. Pingback: March 2017 Goals | From Dancing to Running