TGIF! Is it just me, or has this been an incredible long week? Maybe that’s because I have a sick child, which threw my weekly routine for a bit of a loop this week. I’ve been doing my best to roll with the punches.
There’s been a lot going on lately, so I thought it would be appropriate to do some “thinking out loud”today.
1. First of all, thanks to everybody who offered feedback about putting my Chicago Marathon training plan together. I greatly appreciate everybody’s suggestions and advice. I definitely have a lot to consider as I work on solidifying my training plan for my first marathon.
2. This weekend I’ll be participating in the ZOOMA Run Love Challenge and completing my virtual 10k. I’m excited to use the motivation of a virtual race to push myself just a tad more during this week’s long run.
3. Speaking of long runs, I cannot believe that I only have one more double digit long run before next month’s Rock ‘n’ Roll DC. I have 14 miles on tap for next weekend, and then it will be time to taper. Time is just flying by, and I cannot believe that I’ll be toeing the start kine of my 11th half marathon in just three short weeks.
4. Speaking of ZOOMA, did you hear their big news this week? Although ZOOMA Annapolis had previously been announced, this week ZOOMA announced three additional upcoming races in 2017 and 2018: Cape Cod, Florida, and Texas. Be sure to check out all of the details! And even better news: my ZOOMA discount code works for Annapolis, Cape Cod, Florida, and Texas! Use code KATHRYN2017 to save 10% on registration for any race distance at all four upcoming races.
5. With it having been an incredibly long week, I’m more than ready to enjoy the three day weekend. I’m incredibly thankful that I have Monday off for President’s Day.
QOTD: What is on your mind this week? Are you off from work on Monday?