Friday Five – Potpourri v. 18

TGIF!  Is it just me, or has this been an incredible long week?  Maybe that’s because I have a sick child, which threw my weekly routine for a bit of a loop this week.  I’ve been doing my best to roll with the punches.

There’s been a lot going on lately, so I thought it would be appropriate to do some “thinking out loud”today.

1.  First of all, thanks to everybody who offered feedback about putting my Chicago Marathon training plan together.  I greatly appreciate everybody’s suggestions and advice.  I definitely have a lot to consider as I work on solidifying my training plan for my first marathon.

2.  This weekend I’ll be participating in the ZOOMA Run Love Challenge and completing my virtual 10k.  I’m excited to use the motivation of a virtual race to push myself just a tad more during this week’s long run.

After I earned my ZOOMA Run Love Challenge medal last February

After I earned my ZOOMA Run Love Challenge medal last February

3.  Speaking of long runs, I cannot believe that I only have one more double digit long run before next month’s Rock ‘n’ Roll DC.  I have 14 miles on tap for next weekend, and then it will be time to taper.  Time is just flying by, and I cannot believe that I’ll be toeing the start kine of my 11th half marathon in just three short weeks.

4.  Speaking of ZOOMA, did you hear their big news this week?  Although ZOOMA Annapolis had previously been announced, this week ZOOMA announced three additional upcoming races in 2017 and 2018: Cape Cod, Florida, and Texas.  Be sure to check out all of the details!  And even better news: my ZOOMA discount code works for Annapolis, Cape Cod, Florida, and Texas!  Use code KATHRYN2017 to save 10% on registration for any race distance at all four upcoming races.

zooma-discount-code

5.  With it having been an incredibly long week, I’m more than ready to enjoy the three day weekend.  I’m incredibly thankful that I have Monday off for President’s Day.

QOTD: What is on your mind this week?  Are you off from work on Monday?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

frifive2

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 18

1. kookyrunner says:

That’s awesome that Zooma added more races! I’ve heard great things about the race series.
    Like you, I’m looking forward to a day off work on Monday!

I don’t get Monday off, but the university gives staff a day off during the spring break week. That isn’t until late March, but I’m used to not having President’s Day off.

3. Marcia says:

It WAS a long week and I am so ready for a 3-day weekend! All the best with your planning for Chicago!

4. OMG! I’m so excited for the Texas one! And that’s over my 30th bday weekend!! Squeee!!!

5. I can’t believe DC is next month! That’s so cool!

Little man is off today and Monday. Somehow, I ended up having to work Sunday – Thursday, so less of a break for me. Boo.

6. Lacey says:

Have fun during your virtual run this weekend. It should be a nice weekend for a longer run. I have always wanted to do a Zooma race series. I hear that swag is pretty great!

7. MB Jackson says:

Good luck with the virtual run! I am excited with the new ZOOMA line up too!

8. Rachel says:

Have a great virtual run! I can’t believe it’s almost March. But I’m secretly really, really excited. (Not secret at all really!)

9. I completely forgot to join the virtual Zooma oh well! You have great weather for it this year

10. I need to check out the Zooma series! I love taking pare in races that are geared towards women!

11. I wish ZOOMA would come to Iowa! The races look like such fun 😉

12. milebymileblog1 says:

I took off on Monday and I am so excited for a 3 day weekend! This week has been so busy. Have fun doing the Zooma Run Love challenge! I did that last year and I remember it being really cold and windy the day I did it.

13. I hope your son is feeling better! Having kids really changes things!

14. MCM Mama says:

It’s going to be way warmer this year when you do your virtual race LOL. Good luck with your last long run.

15. This month I started teaching a group fitness class on Monday mornings. So no, I don’t have it off but I’m loving it! 🙂

16. Ok I have to ask, when was it 4 degrees and did you run in it????

We were suppose to have off Friday and Monday but our district had a flood back in October so now we have to make those days up…boo! Enjoy your day off.

17. I am so sad I cannot do Zooma this year as it was such fun to be in Annapolis last year with everyone. Keep it up with your awesome training!

18. tonee78 says:

I have heard a lot of good things about the Zooma and def want to do one at some point. Good luck creating your Chicago training plan, I want to do that race someday too.