Who Wants to Run the 10th Anniversary of ZOOMA Annapolis?

Disclaimer: As a ZOOMA Ambassador I received a complimentary race entry.  As always, all opinions are my own.

I had a blast running ZOOMA Annapolis last year.  From the time that I started my postpartum fitness journey, my big goal was to train for and run ZOOMA Annapolis.  Despite it being hot and humid on race morning, I managed to completely surprise myself and get a half marathon PR that morning.

I’m incredibly excited to return to ZOOMA Annapolis this year for the 10th anniversary race.  Though I don’t know yet whether I’ll be running the 10k or the half marathon (it depends on how my Chicago Marathon training pans out), I’m incredibly excited to participate in this race weekend again.

10th-anniversary-zooma

I thoroughly enjoyed my race experience last year.  Some of the highlights included:

Meeting up with other like-minded women who enjoy making fitness a priority

Last year's ZOOMA Ambassadors

Last year’s ZOOMA Ambassadors

ZOOMA ambassadors ready to take on the streets of Annapolis

ZOOMA ambassadors ready to take on the streets of Annapolis

Running through scenic downtown Annapolis

Running towards the waterfront was one of my favorite parts of the ZOOMA Annapolis course

A fun post race party at Navy Marine-Corps Memorial Stadium, including a live band, food, and wine

Post race with fellow ambassadors Sandra and Cynthia

Post race with fellow ambassadors Sandra and Cynthia

Being able to celebrate post race in a coastal setting

Celebrating down on the water

Celebrating down on the water

This year ZOOMA Annapolis is celebrating its 10th anniversary.  To commemorate the anniversary, ZOOMA is planning a race weekend that’s bigger and more special than ever before.  Past ZOOMA participants who sign up for Annapolis will be treated as VIPs and will receive a special bib as well as special race swag.  As part of the celebration, ZOOMA is introducing a new virtual half marathon and 10k, which will allow people to be able to participate in the anniversary race, even if they can’t make it to Annapolis the first weekend of June.

Want to join me, either in person or virtually, for ZOOMA Annapolis this year?  Use discount code KATHRYN2017 to save 10% on your registration.  Discount code is good for all race distances, for both the traditional race and virtual race options.

zooma-discount-code

I hope to see you on June 3rd in Annapolis, or online running the virtual race!

QOTD: What late spring/early summer race(s) are on your calendar?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Who Wants to Run the 10th Anniversary of ZOOMA Annapolis?

1. kookyrunner says:

I’ve heard nothing but great things about this race series. I’m thinking of checking it out next year.

2. Very cool! I always wanted to run the Zooma dirt dash (or whatever their half marathon on trail was called) but I think they only had it one year 😦 Anyway, I’m training for the Knock on Wood 100 this spring! Super focused, super excited!

3. This looks like such a fun race! Wish I could be there.

4. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Unfortunately, I’m booked that weekend with Ragnar so I won’t be able to make it this year. Annapolis is such a beautiful course and it’s inspiring to run with so many awesome women!

Oh, this may be the year I can do this race! I was just thinking I wanted to look for a June 10k instead of the one I’ve done the past couple years.

6. I would love to run there if it wasn’t so far from South Mississippi. There is a Zooma race close to home in Florida that I would love to run one day! Looks like so much fun!

7. I’d like to do this race but it’s not a good weekend for me. Perhaps I will do it virtually!

8. Last year’s race was HELLA hilly and I’m assuming the course is the same, but I’d potentially be up for it again. Not sure how my schedule will shake out, though – hopefully if I can run it a spot will be open for me!

9. I have a half in May and a 5k Mud Run in early June!

10. This looks so fun (and I recognize lots of gals in those pics!),but I’ll be running with you in spirit.It’s my 10th appearance at Dam-to-Dam (half marathon, Des Moines, IA) that weekend. Have fun!

11. Zooma was my first half race a few years back and it will always hold a special place for me. Great town to run in.

12. Rachel says:

Zooma seriously looks so fun. I hope I can make it to one one of these years!

13. milebymileblog1 says:

I would love to do this, but I need to get back to running completely injury free before I sign up for any races! I will definitely be keeping this one in mind though.

14. MB Jackson says:

I so wish I could get to this one- the date is always bad for me with work but I was excited about the virtual option! WOO HOO! Now I feel like I will be a part!

15. Oh, I am so sad that I can’t make it this year 😦 This was such fun and it was so nice to finally meet you! What a hot day for a run!

16. Cassandra says:

I live in Maryland and love the historic area of Annapolis. It’s a great little shopping area and place to hang out during summer. There are so many great races in our region, it’s hard to fit them all in my schedule. I’ll have to remember this one for the future.

17. Super fun!

Late spring/early summer races will include the Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon, a sprint tri, a memorial day 5K, and maybe something else, to be decided.

18. tonee78 says:

Nice in becoming an ambassador, I may join for the virtual version!

Looks and sounds like such a fun race! Have a great time! 🙂

20. This one is on my bucket list, I’ve heard such great things. Bummed I can’t run for a few months now though 😦

21. Pingback: Friday Five – Potpourri v. 18 | From Dancing to Running