Friday Five – Five Fitness Apps I’m Currently Loving

Disclaimer: I’m not being paid or sponsored to share any of the following information.  I’m simply sharing my appreciation of these apps.

In a world where the majority of people have smartphones and have them on them close to 24/7, there are thousands of apps to choose from to download and use on phones.  I’m no exception to the typical user, and have tons on my phone, some of which I use on a daily basis and some which rarely get used.

Five fitness apps that I’m currently loving include:

1.  Apple Health

apple-health

I’m a traditionalist and don’t wear a step tracker on my wrist (Garmin, FitBit, Apple watch, etc).  In fact, the watch that I wear is the same watch that my parents gave me for my high school graduation.  However, because I often have my phone on me, especially at work since I never know if I’ll get an emergency call from little man’s daycare, its always interesting to see how many steps I take, especially since I spend quite a bit of time on my feet at school.

2.  Achievemint

achievemint

I discovered this app a couple of weeks ago, and am absolutely loving it.  In short, Achievemint pays you to live a healthy lifestyle.  The app allows you to earn points for everyday activities, including walking and running.  You can also earn points for tweeting out health related ideas.  There is a list of over 40 apps that you can connect to your Achievemint account, and data recorded from each of those apps will earn you points.  Once you earn 10,000 points you can cash your points in for $10, which you can pick up via PayPal.

Want to give Achievemint a try?  Use my referral link and we’ll each earn 250 points when you join.

3.  FitSnap

One of my recently recorded runs

One of my recently recorded runs

I use FitSnap after almost every run to track and record my run stats.  I love that FitSnap allows me to post my data on any photo that I take, and helps me to visually track my training.

4.  Road ID

road id

For safety reasons, I carry my phone on me when I head out the door for my runs.  The Road ID app not only allows me to keep emergency information recorded in my phone, but also allows me to keep my emergency contact information posted on the home screen of my phone.  Should something happen to me, somebody can easily see emergency phone numbers without having to get my phone unlocked.

5.  Charity Miles

charity-miles

I’ve previously shared my love for Charity Miles, and I continue to appreciate that I can earn money for charity simply by working out.  To date, I’ve earned logged 1,525 miles and earned over $380 for charity.

QOTD: What are your favorite fitness apps?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

frifive2

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Friday Five – Five Fitness Apps I’m Currently Loving

1. Lovely! I use three of those, as well!

2. I’ve been using Strava lately since I entered that lululemon/strava run challenge and I really like it! I like connecting with other runners.

3. Lacey says:

Thanks for all your suggestions. These sound like great app. I will have to look into downloading some of these.

4. Zebra Girl says:

Interesting seeing someone else’s favorite apps! I am going to have to look into the Apple Health app more. I like the Fitsnap app also. My personal favorites are the daily workout apps.

5. I used charity miles a few years ago and forgot about it thanks for the reminder

6. laurenruns says:

I love my Garmin & Training Peaks apps, which are how I log my workouts and look at my training plan. I recently signed up for Achievemint, and sounds like I should also sign up for Charity Miles!

I don’t use apps yet, but I found out if I end up with BCBS Colorado, they have an app to track fitness. If it’s at least for 30 minutes, at least 12 days a month, I get $25 back each month. So not only will it help me keep track of what I’ve done, I get paid to keep moving.

8. Rachel says:

These are great apps. I used to use Charity Miles all the time but then it stopped working for me. That was about a year or so ago. I should reinstall it and see if the glitch was fixed.

9. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I need to start using Charity Miles, it seems like a no-brainer! I downloaded it a long time ago but never used it. I hadn’t heard of Achievemint but it sounds really good too!

10. The only app I use when running is Road ID however, I don’t always take my phone with me. In the winter, it freezes and turns off sometimes.

11. ilkasblog says:

So many fun fitness apps out there – it’s hard to choose just one!! Definitely love Fit Snap!

12. Oh I’m glad you did this post I also use Achievemints and actually forgot about it. I’m almost at the 10,000 mark too! Yay!

13. I use the Road ID app so that my husband knows when & where I’m out running.

14. Marcia says:

Since I’m back to food/exercise journaling, I’m loving the My Fitness Pal app.

15. MB Jackson says:

You know what, I need to download that road ID! Very smart! I can’t survive without my Fitbit and app- I can’t remember life before! LOL!

16. I have never heard of Achievemint, but I do love and use the others. Have a great weekend!

17. Cassandra says:

I have FitSnap but I haven’t used it much. I love seeing everyone’s photos from their training with it.

18. These are all great apps, I love fitsnap and am definitely going to check out achievement.

19. Swimst0807 says:

I love the idea of the Achievemint app! Thanks for sharing!

20. FitSnap, so that’s what it is!! I keep seeing pics like that and have been wondering which app that was. I need to get that, thanks! 🙂

21. I love ROAD ID and Charity Miles. I had never heard of Achievemint. Will have to take a look. Two of my favorites are Training Peaks and Garmin Connect.

22. Great post! I need to try Acheivemints!!!

23. These are awesome! I will have to check them out. Sometimes having that little extra motivation to workout is all you need!

24. dogtormoore says:

Great post, I had no idea there were so many fitness apps out there! I’ll be trying a few of these out this week! Thanks for sharing 🙂