Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend – Day 4 – Post Half Marathon Fun

We last left off with Preston and I having crossed the finish line of my 10th half marathon.  After arriving back at our hotel, Art of Animation, we took little man to the pool for a short while.  The cool water felt great on my tried legs, and little man had fun splashing around in the water.

Little man having a blast in the pool

Little man having a blast in the pool

Afterwards, we showered and packed up for the afternoon.  While on the bus back to the hotel, Preston and I had been texting back and forth with my father-in-law and we made a very last minute decision to grab lunch at one of my in-law’s favorite restaurants at Disney: Whispering Canyon Cafe.  Our original plan was to grab quick service, either at our hotel’s food court or at Magic Kingdom, but we decided that since we there was a reservation available that we’d do a sit down meal instead.  After enjoying lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe, we took the boat from the Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom and enjoyed an afternoon at the park.

On the boat to the Magic Kingdom

On the boat to the Magic Kingdom

Ready for a fun afternoon at the park

Ready for a fun afternoon at the park

Highlights from our afternoon included little man’s first visit with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, as well as riding Winnie the Pooh (little man just loves that ride!).

Having fun with our friends from the Hundred Acre Wood

Having fun with our friends from the Hundred Acre Wood

We also took pictures in front of Cinderella’s Castle of us with our medals.

With all of our bling

With all of our bling

Dinner that night was at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort.  When we made our dining reservations, I made sure that we booked our “celebration” dinner at Kona Cafe so that I could celebrate with a Lapu Lapu.  I also indulged on some delicious sushi.  It was the perfect way to celebrate my first runDisney challenge and my 10th half marathon.

A Lapu Lapu and some sushi was the perfect meal to celebrate with

A Lapu Lapu and some sushi was the perfect meal to celebrate with

After dinner we headed back to Magic Kingdom.  First on our agenda was riding the railroad.  Since little man enjoyed his experience as much as he did, we rode around the entire park, and didn’t get off until we arrived back at the train station at the front of the park.

Riding on the train is so much fun!

Riding on the train is so much fun!

It was nearing little man’s bedtime when we got off of the train, so we changed him into his pajamas and gave him his bedtime bottle.  He quickly fell asleep in the stroller.  We strolled around the park a bit, and then found a spot on Main Street close to the front of the park to enjoy Wishes from.

We so greatly appreciate little mans ability to sleep almost anywhere, which allowed us to continue to enjoy the park after his bedtime

We so greatly appreciate little man’s ability to sleep almost anywhere, which allowed us to continue to enjoy the park after his bedtime

One of my absolute favorite sights at Disney is seeing the Wishes fireworks over Cinderellas Castle

One of my absolute favorite sights at Disney is seeing the Wishes fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle

After Wishes, we decided to call it a night.  We took the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge where we had left our rental car, and then drove back to our hotel.  After spending some time packing our suitcases up we headed to bed in anticipation of our last couple of hours at Disney.  We were sad to see our racecation coming to an end, but were excited about enjoying a couple of last hours of Disney magic the next morning before we had to leave for the airport.

QOTD: What is your favorite way to celebrate a milestone race?

This entry was posted in Races, Travel and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend – Day 4 – Post Half Marathon Fun

I love that your little guy did so well at Disney! We bought those same earmuffs for our trip, too! Crossing my fingers all goes well for us, too!

2. Wilderness lodge is one place we’ve never stayed or ate yet.
    I think going to MK is a great way to celebrate a race. We usually do MK after races too. I think we like the fact we can take pics with the castle with our medals!

3. oh brings back lots of memories of my kids first visits to Disney and the Winnie the Pooh lunch was always on the list.

4. So much fun! Will you go back?

5. Coco says:

He is such a cutie! Love the Disney fireworks!

6. Linz says:

what an amazing trip!

7. The headphones are a great idea for the fireworks!

8. Aw looks like so much fun! I was at Wine & Dine with a friend this year (we did the two course challenge), but last January we did the Disney Half and my husband and son were there, too. I missed them this time. It’s so much fun to watch kids take in all of the Disney magic. Kona Cafe is great! We stayed in the Polynesian in January and loved it. Congrats on your 10th half marathon!

9. Oh, now I want to go back to Disney 😉 I think it’s been five years since we were there. The fireworks are amazing!

If I’m at Disney, I definitely opt for a meal or a treat. There is food there I don’t normally get, so I make to get something to enjoy and celebrate the race.

Little man is such a cutie! You know me, I do enjoy a post race meal 🙂

12. What an exciting place to be and run multiple races! That is great that your son can sleep anywhere, my girls can as well.

13. Aw, such a fun weekend! I am jealous that your guy will sleep anywhere. Our little man would ONLY sleep in his crib for the longest time. No stroller naps, no co-sleeping, none of it. And he was an early bird, too. I don’t think he saw the fireworks at Disney til he was 6 or 7!

I love celebrating with a nap LOL! For some reason, after a big race, I just don’t have much of an appetite, although a nice dinner out with some beer or wine is always fun.

14. Looks like you had a super weekend. Nice to have the family involved

15. laurenweiner says:

Such a fun trip with your family! Looks like a blast, and little man is so full of personality!

16. Toni says:

What an awesome way to celebrate a race!!! I cannot wait to run a Disney Race!

Sounds like a great day to end your Disney vacation! I love his orange striped shirt that matches Tigger 🙂 I’ve booked the California Grill brunch to celebrate after the Star Wars Dark Side half marathon in April.

18. What a fun trip and that last picture with the fireworks over the castle is awesome!!!

19. What a wonderful trip! Love seeing your sweet boy meeting Pooh! He was and still is one of my favorites! And congrats on all of the excellent racing and bling!

20. Such cute pictures! I haven’t been to Disney in years. I’d love to go with my fiance just us first and then eventually with our kids one day.

21. Congrats on your races! This made me want to go back to Disney so badly hahaha. Your little man is too cute!!