This has been quite an exciting week, and the coming weeks will be just as exciting. What’s been going on and what’s coming up?
1. On Tuesday the results from the Chicago Marathon lottery were posted. I didn’t have to sit on pins and needles like many other runners did since I‘ll be running with Team RMHC. However, my friend Kathleen did enter the lottery, and we’ve been anxiously awaiting her results since we’ve been hoping that we can virtually train together and then run the marathon together. Early Tuesday morning she received her acceptance e-mail, and we’re so excited to know that we’ll be running Chicago together! This will be her fifth marathon, and second time running Chicago, so I’m incredibly grateful for her support as I prepare to run my first marathon.
2. Yesterday I took advantage of the Rock ‘n’ Roll race series celebration sale and registered for my next half marathon – Rock ‘n’ Roll DC in March. I’ve run this race two times before (in 2014 and 2016) and am excited to run this race again in 2017. I absolutely love that it isn’t a typical DC race and that the course includes neighborhoods, like Adams Morgan, that aren’t a part of other DC races. RnRDC, and Chicago, are the only two races currently on my calendar for next year.
Want to join me for RnRDC, or do you want to register for the 2017 races in Mexico City, Dallas, or Nashville? Use my Rock ‘n’ Blog discount code DANCINGTORUNNING to save $15 on your race registration.
3. Today is the last day of school for 2016. I’m looking forward to having two full weeks, plus a day, off for Winter Break. There are so many exciting activities and events on our calendar during the remaining two weeks of 2016, and I’m so incredibly thankful that I won’t have school as a distraction from all of the fun.
4. Today is also exciting because my parents are flying in this afternoon. They’re coming for an early birthday celebration for little man, as well as an early Christmas celebration. They’ll be returning to Illinois just before Christmas, and we’ll be spending Christmas in New Jersey with my in-laws. I’m so grateful that it worked out that we could celebrate Christmas with both sides of the family this year.
5. Tomorrow is little man’s first birthday party. I’ve been busy planning his party for weeks now, and cannot wait to see my vision fully come together. Etsy and Pinterest have been my best friend as I’ve worked on planning his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party. We can’t wait to celebrate his first year with friends and family tomorrow!
QOTD: What are your plans this weekend?