Wow, it seems like forever since I last wrote a blog post, even though its only been about a week and a half. Since it feels like its been so long since I was last able to write, let’s get caught up a bit, shall we?
1. I decided not to recap my last week of Wine and Dine training because other than running the races themselves, I only worked out one other day last week. Between running 19.3 miles during last weekend’s races, as well as walking at the parks at Disney, I was plenty active.
2. Speaking of our time at Disney, we had an absolute blast! Although both our flight down as well as back were significantly delayed, that didn’t hinder our ability to enjoy our time there. The weather was absolutely beautiful, sunny with highs in the low 80s each day, and we enjoyed spending 4.5 days at Disney with my father in law. Between our phones, cameras, and Photo Pass photos, I have well over 500 pictures to sort through. I can’t wait to start reliving our trip and to find the time to recap our time there.
3. One of the many highlights of our trip was being able to run my 10th half marathon. I’m so glad that it worked out that I could run my tenth half at the same place where I ran my first back in January 2014. I’m also especially happy that I was able to run the race with Preston and cross the finish line with him.
4. Since we were away during the first week of the month I wasn’t able to write out my monthly goals like I normally do. I have two main fitness goals for the month of November – to not gain weight and to run at least once a week. With the holidays right around the corner, I want to make sure that I don’t overindulge. And although I plan to take at least the rest of this month off from official race training, I want to make sure that I still get out and run at least once a week so that when I start training again I don’t feel like I’m starting over.
5. After the DC Trifecta’s announcement last month to bring the Friday Five linkup to an end, imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to find out that Lacey, Meranda, and Rachel decided to start the Friday Five 2.0 linkup. I hope to be just as active with this linkup as I was with the original Friday Five one.
QOTD: What’s been going on in your life lately?