Friday Five – Catching Up

Wow, it seems like forever since I last wrote a blog post, even though its only been about a week and a half.   Since it feels like its been so long since I was last able to write, let’s get caught up a bit, shall we?

1.  I decided not to recap my last week of Wine and Dine training because other than running the races themselves, I only worked out one other day last week.  Between running 19.3 miles during last weekend’s races, as well as walking at the parks at Disney, I was plenty active.

2.  Speaking of our time at Disney, we had an absolute blast!  Although both our flight down as well as back were significantly delayed, that didn’t hinder our ability to enjoy our time there.  The weather was absolutely beautiful, sunny with highs in the low 80s each day, and we enjoyed spending 4.5 days at Disney with my father in law.  Between our phones, cameras, and Photo Pass photos, I have well over 500 pictures to sort through.  I can’t wait to start reliving our trip and to find the time to recap our time there.

Showing off our medals with Mickey on Monday

Showing off our medals with Mickey on Monday

3.  One of the many highlights of our trip was being able to run my 10th half marathon.  I’m so glad that it worked out that I could run my tenth half at the same place where I ran my first back in January 2014.  I’m also especially happy that I was able to run the race with Preston and cross the finish line with him.

Preston and I crossing the finish line of Sunday's Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Preston and I crossing the finish line of Sunday’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon

4.  Since we were away during the first week of the month I wasn’t able to write out my monthly goals like I normally do.  I have two main fitness goals for the month of November – to not gain weight and to run at least once a week.  With the holidays right around the corner, I want to make sure that I don’t overindulge.  And although I plan to take at least the rest of this month off from official race training, I want to make sure that I still get out and run at least once a week so that when I start training again I don’t feel like I’m starting over.

5.  After the DC Trifecta’s announcement last month to bring the Friday Five linkup to an end, imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to find out that Lacey, Meranda, and Rachel decided to start the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  I hope to be just as active with this linkup as I was with the original Friday Five one.

QOTD: What’s been going on in your life lately?

I’m linking up for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup.  Many thanks to the wonderful ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for hosting!

frifive2

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Friday Five – Catching Up

1. Looks like a wonderful trip! Will you be recapping the diaper dash? He looks so cute with his little medal!

2. Coco says:

What a great family photo and great finishing photo!! I’m feeling lost with no more races in my calendar and eyeing that new chocolate race although the las new chocolate race I did was a disaster!

3. How nice to run a race with a loved one. Or even a friend! Doesn’t happen for me too often.

I am actually home for almost 3 weeks — it’s been months since I’ve had that much time at home! Unfortunately I am also knee deep in trying to get ready to host Thanksgiving, too.

I always hate flight delays going to Disney, but I feel like delays out of Disney are appropriate. I’m sad I’m leaving, and the cosmos agrees.

5. Lacey says:

Love your family picture with Mickey! Great picture of you two crossing the finish line. I didn’t even look up our pictures yet. It was a perfect race weekend opposed to the other years they had for wine and dine.

6. Aileen says:

I have been slacking on my blogging and running!!! I would love to join in on your linkup.

7. I LOVE that family picture with Mickey! So cute how that baby boy has his medal around his neck and it’s longer than he is!!! Love it!!! Can’t wait to read your recaps of the race and your time in Disney!

8. MB Jackson says:

I am so glad you had a great time in Central Florida! I could not believe how crowded Epcot was on that Saturday- cray! Love that finish line picture!

9. Rachel says:

Oh my gosh, I love that photo of you guys crossing the finish line together. Love!!

10. I saw all your photos on IG looked like you all had an absolute blast

11. You look amazing in your Disney outfit. I never look that great in running photos. hah! Congrats on your 10th half marathon. My first and 10th half marathon were also the same race. It’s nostalgic isn’t it?

12. What a great family trip! I wish we lived closer to Disney…our kids have so many wonderful memories of trips there (none of them involve races, though). AS for me? Well, I’ll be driving to Tulsa next weekend….. 😉

13. nicoleyvonne says:

How exciting to run your 10th half marathon back at the same place as your first! I can only imagine how extra special it became!

14. What a great race! Disney races look like so much fun. LOVE your running outfit.

15. Congrats on your 10th race and wonderful Disney trip!!

16. I’ll be running my 10th half in Disney World, too! Princess Weekend :). I can’t wait!

17. I’m so glad you had such a great time on your trip! I haven’t heard much about how the race series went this year, so I’m looking forward to your recaps!

18. Great pic of you and your husband! I really wish mine shared my love of running, though we would then probably fight over who gets to run. Do you guys ever do that?

19. tonee78 says:

Congrats on the wine and dine, I ran the NYC marathon the same day and still can not express my feelings I a blog yet. I am headed for key west training in a week, can’t wait!

20. Sana Waheed says:

Major kudos on 1/2 marathon #10! I need to dig deep and get number 4 in! http://www.supersana.com

21. i am so glad I got to meet you and chat-i can’t wait to read your recap on everything!

22. Pingback: December 2016 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running