My Costumes for Wine and Dine Weekend

Next weekend is a race weekend that I’ve been looking forward to for over a year and a half now: Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend.  I’m extremely excited about this race weekend for a long list of reasons, including the fact that I’ll be running the inaugural Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge – the 10k on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday.  I’ll be dressing up for both races, and I couldn’t be more excited about my costume choices!

costumes

For the 10k, I’ll be dressed as my favorite Disney princess, Belle.  The inspiration for my costume started when I received the Belle Sweaty Bands headband from my friend Kathleen in March 2015.  I had just registered for the 2015 Wine and Dine race, and thought that I’d be dressing up as Belle for last year’s half marathon.  Then we had to defer the race, but I’m excited to be able to follow through on my vision and dress as Belle for the inaugural Wine and Dine 10k.  I was very excited to find the rose earrings on Etsy, as they’re a perfect compliment to the rest of my costume.

For the half marathon, I’ll be dressed as my favorite classic Disney character, Minnie Mouse.  For my long time readers, you may recall that I dressed as Minnie for my first Disney race, the inaugural Disney World 10k, back in January 2014.  I’m excited to dress as Minnie again, but in a different way.  I came across the “Run Now Wine Later” tank in a Facebook group that I’m in, and when I saw how nicely it complimented the Minnie Sparkle Athletic skirt, I knew what my costume for the half had to be.

I’m incredibly excited for next weekend!  If you’ll be at Wine and Dine weekend and you see me, please be sure to say hi!

QOTD: Who is your favorite Disney princess?  Who is your favorite classic Disney character?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to My Costumes for Wine and Dine Weekend

I love Belle and Minnie too, so great choices!

These costumes are great! They look so cute. I think Belle is my favorite princess as well.

3. So cute! I especially like the Minnie outfit.

4. Fun! Nothing like a good costume for a race! No favourite Disney princesses but my girls seem to love them all!

5. Love these! My favorite Disney princess is Ariel and you can’t go wrong with Mickey!

6. MB Jackson says:

Cute! Love it! I will be working the Hot Chocolate both on Saturday so please come by and say Hi! Have fun!

7. Cute!!!! Belle is probably my favorite princess, and favorite character is a toss-up between Lumiere and the Genie from Aladdin. LOVE everything Disney!!

8. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Love the costumes! I hope you have a fantastic time at Wine and Dine, can’t wait to hear how it goes!

Jasmine is my favorite Disney Princess, but I’m overall obsessed with all things Aladdin, lol 🙂

9. Very cute! Looking forward to the recap!

10. so cute! I am going to be A christmas solider, lumiere and figment

11. Coco says:

Love your costumes! What shorts are you wearing with them? I need some basic black shorts that don’t ride up. I spy the RRS logo …

12. Good luck!! I love the outfits! Ill be running NYC the same day!

13. Those are too cute!! I love the wine tank. My favorite princess is Ariel and my favorite overall character is Piglet! 🙂

14. Kerry says:

I really like your skirts. I never understood why people like to run in tutu’s because I would imagine that they would be annoying. But these skirts look cute and not too bulky. I may reconsider if I ever run Disney.