I had originally planned to share my race costumes today that I’ll be wearing next weekend while I run the inaugural Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge, but I’m still awaiting the arrival of the last piece of one of my costumes. USPS tracking says that its supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so hopefully you only have to wait until Friday for the big reveal. So today, I decided to share a list of reasons why I’m very much looking forward to Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend.
1. We’ll be sharing the fun of this race weekend with my father-in-law. Although he’s been to Disney World way more times than I have, this will be his first runDisney experience. What started off as inviting him to join us for the trip so that he can watch little man during the half marathon on Sunday led to him also registering for the 10k on Saturday. My husband and I are also looking forward to enjoying a trip to Disney with him and sharing the experience of Disney with him on a more intimate level since our summer trip involved the entire family.
2. Little man will be “running” his first race next Saturday, as he will be participating in the diaper dash. My original plan was for him to wear his Halloween costume during the dash, but looking at the weather forecast and considering that his costume is quite warm, I’m starting to consider a back up plan of what he’ll wear for his first race.
3. Speaking of the weather, I’ve been starting to stalk the weather forecast for about a week now. Can we discuss just how perfect this forecast is looking? I really hope not much changes, and I can’t wait to pull the shorts and tank tops back out of my closet when I start packing this weekend.
4. I can’t wait to experience the magic of Disney through little man’s eyes. One of the things that I enjoyed most about our trip in August was being able to see how he reacted and responded to all things Disney, and I cannot wait to see his reaction this time around, especially when we take him to see Mickey Mouse.
5. Little man will be getting his hair cut for the first time next Friday. We’ve decided to take him to the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street at Magic Kingdom for this exciting event. His hair has grown quite a bit over the past couple of months and he’s in need of a trim.
6. We’ll be taking little man for yet another first while we’re at Disney – to his first character meal. Before we head to the expo on Thursday, we’ll be having breakfast at Cape May Cafe, which is also a restaurant that I’ve never eaten at before.
7. I hope to be able to meet up with several other bloggers over the course of the race weekend. While my focus for much of the weekend will be on spending quality time enjoying Disney with the family, I do hope to see bloggers at the races. Its always fun to be able to meet up, even if its only briefly, with those who I’ve been able to connect with virtually. I know that Lacey and Meranda, Dani, and Kimberley will be there. Who else is running Wine and Dine?
8. Next Sunday I’ll be running my 10th half marathon. Although we originally registered for this race last year, and then had to defer it, I’m actually kind of glad that it worked out that for my 10th half marathon that I’ll be returning to the place where I ran my first half marathon. It’ll make this trip, and more importantly this race weekend, extra special before I make the transition to focusing on preparing for my first marathon.
QOTD: For those of you who are running Wine and Dine, what are you looking forward to about race weekend?