Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1

One month from today I’ll be back at Disney World kicking off an exciting long weekend filled with running, eating and dining, and most importantly, enjoying time with my husband, son, and father-in-law.  You may recall that Preston and I have been looking forward to running Wine and Dine for over a year now.  We first registered back in March 2015, and a couple of weeks later found out that we were pregnant with our son.  We made the difficult, but smart, decision to defer our registration to this year, and then as a birthday present this past March Preston upgraded my registration so that I can participate in the inaugural Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge, which includes running the brand new 10k on Saturday followed by the half marathon on Sunday.

It felt great to kick off my Wine and Dine training last Monday

It felt great to kick off my Wine and Dine training last Monday

After taking a one week break from running after Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly, my return to training is taking on a different focus this time around.  Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly was my fall goal race, and I’ll be running both Wine and Dine races with zero time goals in mind.  My one and only goal for both of these races is to have fun.

Because I haven’t run back to back races since March 2015 when I completed the Dolphin Challenge at Shamrock Marathon Weekend, one change this training cycle will be on completing a couple of sets of back to back days of running.  I completed my first set this past weekend, running an easy two miles on Saturday followed by six miles on Sunday.  My six miler was made extra challenging by the fact that I pushed little man in the BOB during the run.

I ran two solo miles on Saturday and six stroller miles on Sunday

I ran two solo miles on Saturday and six stroller miles on Sunday

Overall, it was a very productive week of training, and I’m hopeful that the rest of the month leading up to Wine and Dine will be just as productive.

Mon 9/26 – 3.75 mile run, 0.22 mile cool down walk

Tues 9/27 – Rest day

Wed 9/28 – 3.55 mile run, 0.31 mile cool down walk

Thurs 9/29 – 30 minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 9/30 – Rest day

Sat 10/1 – 2.00 mile run, 0.38 mile cool down walk, 15 minutes of strength training (lower body, abs)

Sun 10/2 – 6.00 mile run, 0.55 mile cool down walk

Total Weekly Mileage – 19.35 miles

Total Wine and Dine Mileage – 19.35 miles

QOTD: What are you currently training for?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1

1. Excited to follow your training for this cycle! Did you create your own plan, or did you find one online?

I’m always so impressed when I see people pushing strollers while running!

2. lazgirlruns says:

I can’t believe Wine n Dine is only a month away! I’ve always wanted to go to Disney during this weekend and festival so I’m super excited to go this time. Are you dressing up for the challenge?

3. Seems like it was just yesterday that you were deferring this race! That’s how I felt when I deferred Sarasota–and I finally got to run it this year. It’s going to feel great!

I’ll be interested in hear about Wine and Dine as a daytime race. Hopefully it is just as fun as the evening one.

5. I love how much you love your Disney races!

Sounds like a great week of training! That’s great that you’re going to get to do the inaugural challenge 🙂

7. You are getting so fast, mama! I can not wait to see you continue to progress – it’s awesome!

The BOB sounds like good resistance training. I hope W&D is a lot of fun, even with the half changing to the morning. Can’t wait to see your outfit.

9. I’m so jealous you’re doing Wine & Dine! That race is on my bucket list.

10. Great job! Not training for anything at the moment sadly, but hope to get back at it next year!!

11. I would love to do a Disney race one day! Great training.

12. Elle says:

Good for you. Will be so fun doing those 2 races back to back at Disney!

13. I’d LOVE to do a Disney race 😉 Someday, I’m hoping to to do the Goofy Challenge or (maybe) the Dopey Challenge. I don’t remember seeing your birthday was in March…I’m also a March birthday gal (the 14th).

14. laurenweiner says:

I’ll live vicariously through your Disney running experience! You are getting off to a stellar start!

15. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Sounds like you’re going to have a great time at Wine and Dine! Very cool that you’ll be doing the Lumiere Challenge. I’m still training for the Philly marathon but after that my next race that I’ve signed up for is the Disney Princess 10K.

16. You are going to have a fabulous time with the only goal of having fun!
    I’m currently working towards the first of 5 half’s before the end of the year. The last 3 will all be in the month of December too! Wow, what was I thinking??? Thanks Kathryn for joining us in the Weekly Wrap!

17. Wine and Dine is totally on my “to run” list!
    Good luck with your training and I can’t wait to read about the race!

18. jaycer123 says:

Nice! I’ve done one – the pixie dust challenge over here in CA. Good luck and happy training! Currently, I’m training for my 10 year reunion. LOL

So much fun…oh how I love Wine & Dine! Great job this week! Happy training!! 🙂

20. I love double races! This one sounds like it’s going to be great! Nice job this week 🙂

21. I can’t believe we only have one month to go!

22. One more month and you get to go back to Disney? Awesome!!!
    Looks like a great training week to top it off!
    Cute Disney shirt as well!!

23. a great start! I need to get in a few back to back runs in prep for wine and dine and also goofy! have to get into marathon shape quickly!

24. Awesome work! I have yet to do Wine & Dine, and I’m kind of bummed that I missed it when it was at night.

Right now I’m training for Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah and Space Coast Half. Space Coast is my goal race, but Savannah is just two weeks before so they’re kind of blending together.

25. HoHo Runs says:

I’ve never done Wine and Dine but always wanted to. That will be so much fun, especially the two races combined. My husband can’t take off that time of year. So, our trip is typically in January instead. And, I’m still contemplating their 2017 marathon. I think running with the BOB will give you extra endurance and strength for the races! Good luck with your training. Thanks for linking, Kathryn!

26. I’ve always wanted to do a Disney race, in fact I was registered for Star Wars but my hubby ended up booking our trip for the wrong weekend and we ended up there the weekend before 😥

27. joteach5 says:

I really wished that I had signed up for the Wine and Dine Half! Definitely going to do it next year! Space Coast up next. The bling is pretty cool.

28. MB Jackson says:

You are going to have so much fun with wine & dine! Starting a race at 10pm is so not my thing! Disney shut down at 5 pm today- I don’t think I will make it to Epcot this weekend 😦