Friday Five – Five Things I’m Looking Forward to This Fall

The beginning of a new school year means that summer has come to an end and fall has started.  While it was incredible to spend the summer at home with my little man, and share many great memories with him, I’m also looking forward to many things coming up this fall, including:

1.  Running my 9th half marathon at Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly next Sunday.  This training cycle has been a bit of a roller coaster, but I can’t wait to see what I’m able to accomplish next Sunday.

After completing Rock 'n' Roll Philly last year at 32 weeks pregnant

After completing Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly last year at 32 weeks pregnant

2.  Homecoming at the end of September.  Homecoming Week is always a lot of fun and very eventful, and I’m sure that this year won’t be any different.

3.  Experiencing fall activities through little man’s eyes, especially Halloween.  Preston and I can’t wait to take him to a fall festival, help him pick his first pumpkin out, and dress him up in his first Halloween costume.

4.  Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend at Disney World.  While we just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago, Preston, his dad, little man, and I will be headed back to Disney in just under two months for race weekend.  Not only will I run the inaugural Lumiere’s Challenge that weekend, but I’ll also complete my 10th half marathon.  And little man will get to participate in his first race.  Its bound to be a very memorable trip.

Crossing the finish line of my first half marathon in January 2014 at Disney World. I can't wait to run my 10th half marathon there in November. Photo Credit: MarathonFoto

Crossing the finish line of my first half marathon in January 2014 at Disney World. I can’t wait to run my 10th half marathon there in November.
Photo Credit: MarathonFoto

5.  Planning little man’s first birthday party.  Believe it or not, little man is already 8.5 months old, and his first birthday will be here before I know it.  I’ve already started searching for ideas online, and can’t wait to put some of the ideas that I’ve found into action.

QOTD: What is one thing that you’re looking forward to this fall?

DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous, Races and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Friday Five – Five Things I’m Looking Forward to This Fall

1. Ana says:

The first Halloween for babies is awesome! take tons of pictures! I’m doing Philadelphia Half too! I’m really excited for it!

I always love Halloween. I’m moving after my current lease, so I’m starting to pack things here and there. I made sure to keep all my Halloween DVDs out because I will watch every one.

3. haleyduke17 says:

What??? Is it seriously almost time for the first birthday? Wow!
    You have quite an exciting season ahead of you!!! Enjoy it!

4. wow, time flies! Can’t believe he’ll be a year soon. Sounds like a great fall to look forward to!

5. carmyy says:

I’m looking forward to the lack of humidity.

6. jaycer123 says:

thats so awesome! good job and good luck on the half in Philly!

7. Good luck at your half marathon! There are so many things I am looking forward to this fall; cooler runs, apple picking, pumpkin festivals, thanksgicing, my girls running in a race.

8. Sounds like you have a fun fall plan. I’m just looking forward to getting back to running. I’ve had a bum knee since May and still not back on my game. I’m signed up for 2 half marathons, and I’m hoping I’m at least ready for the one in December. This not running is killing me but thankfully I’m biking a ton!

9. Hard to believe your little guy’s almost 1! I hope I get to see you at RnR Philly!

10. I have three half marathons to look forward to (one is tomorrow!) and Route 66 Marathon in November 😉

11. I am excited to wear sweaters and boots! And Happy Birthday to your little guy!

12. Aww so much fun stuff happening for you! You really impressed me last year when you did RnR Philly while pregnant!

13. Oh my gosh it doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since you had him, wow first birthday how exciting for you all!
    Good luck in your race Sunday!!!!!

14. MB Jackson says:

I am looking forward to some fall running myself! Bring on a breeze and some football! Good luck Sunday!

15. Wow, a year old! Kind of bittersweet, I think. But so much to look forward too! Good luck on Sunday!

16. love your list! Hopefully I will “run” into you at wine and dine!

17. natrunsfar says:

It seems like you were just pregnant with him and now he will soon be one!! That is so exciting!! RnR Philly should be so fun!

18. Can’t believe my boyfriend is turning one soon. 🙂 Good luck this Sunday!