Hard to believe, but today marks my first full day back at school. Although I’ve had various planning meetings with coworkers this week, my 2016-2017 contract starts today. Yes, its quite unusual that we’re starting on a Friday this year, but with us getting Inauguration Day off due to traffic in the DC area, our school board decided to add a professional development day to the start of the school year to make up for the additional day off in January.
This summer has flown by. I know they say that time goes by faster the older that you get, and this summer flew by at record speed. I tried my best to absorb as many moments as possible with my little man this summer, but of course I always want more time with him.
As my summer comes to an end, I’m holding onto some great memories from the summer, including:
1. Last month while my mom was here we took little man on a road trip to northern New Jersey to visit my grandfather. While we were there we took little man in the pool for the first time. It was very special that my grandfather and little man got to spend as much time together as they did.
2. On July 30th, Preston and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary. It also marked little man’s first sleepover at Camp Grandpop (Preston’s dad’s house) and our first night away from him.
3. Earlier this month I finally started running with little man in the BOB stroller. Not only does taking him with me for runs make getting my runs in a bit easier, but because little man loves being outside its also another way that he and I can spend time together.
4. We spent an absolutely wonderful 8 days at Disney World with little man. Even with being there for a week, we still didn’t do everything that we would have liked to. Nonetheless, we made some great memories and I’m so glad that little man seemed to enjoy Disney just as much as we had hoped that he would.
5. There was nothing better this summer than spending time with my little man. I loved seeing all of his smiles, hearing all of his giggles, and cuddling with him as much as I did.
The start of a new school year is certainly bittersweet, but it has me eager to look forward to all of the breaks during the school year when I’ll be able to spend more time than usual with my little man.
QOTD: What was one highlight from your summer?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!