For the last time this week, greetings from Central Illinois! Little man and I have thoroughly enjoyed our week here with my parents. We’ve kept quite busy, and the week has just flown by. I’ve also been enjoying running here. Central Illinois is much flatter than Northern Virginia is, so its been nice to enjoy some speedy runs despite how hot and humid it has been here for most of the week.
I’ll share more details about my training this week in Monday’s training log, but today I wanted to share some highlights from our week here.
1. Last Saturday Preston, little man, and I flew out to Illinois. Little man enjoyed spending the majority of the plane ride looking out the window and only napped for about 20 minutes. His morning naps are usually at least an hour long. Oh well, at least he was quite content and only fussed when he got hungry. This mama can’t complain about that.
2. Sunday night we met up with Preston’s best friend/little man’s godfather and his wife for drinks and dinner. We met up at a wine bar, where you could make your own flight. Both the wines and the food were delicious!
3. Yesterday we joined my dad for lunch at his law firm. While we were there, little man enjoyed his “first day on the job.” Do I have a future lawyer on my hands?
4. As I shared in this past Monday’s training log, I’ve been enjoying running on the trail that goes through my hometown. Its flat, and many parts of it are nicely shaded. I only wish that my long run last weekend had been of higher mileage so that I could have enjoyed more of the trail.
5. And since we’ve been visiting with my parents, this post wouldn’t be complete without sharing a picture of them with their grandson.
QOTD: What does a scene from your week look like?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!