Weekly Recap – Week of June 20th

This past week has been absolutely wonderful for so many reasons.  From a training standpoint, it was the first week where I actually ended the week feeling like I got in a solid week of workouts.  This is the first time that I’ve felt this way since ZOOMA Annapolis three weeks ago.  Between little man getting sick, me getting sick, Preston traveling for work, and the end of the school year craziness, I just couldn’t get into a good workout routine for two solid weeks.  Add that to the lower back pain that started last Saturday, I felt like I just couldn’t catch a break.  But this past week I felt like I was finally able to get back into my fitness groove again.  Although my back pain isn’t 100% gone, two trips to the chiropractor last week definitely helped in relieving the pain and helped me to get back on my feet.

It felt to be out and running again

It felt to be out and running again

Outside of training, this past week was also wonderful for a variety of reasons.  I finally closed out the 2015-2016 school year on Friday, and although I’ll be working part time for three weeks in July on a curriculum project, I’m looking forward to spending the summer with my little man.  We have a lot of exciting activities planned for the summer, and I’m sure the time will fly by all too quickly.  But I’m going to do my best to live in the moment with him.

I cannot believe how quickly little man is growing! I can't wait to spend extra time with him this summer.

I cannot believe how quickly little man is growing! I can’t wait to spend extra time with him this summer.

This past weekend was jam packed with activity.  Since little man turned six months old last Wednesday, we had family photos taken Saturday morning.  Little man did great, and the photographer captured lots of photos of him smiling.  (His smile just melts my mommy heart!)  The proofs on the computer looked great, and I can’t wait to receive the phone call from the photographer telling me that the final products are ready to be picked up.  We spent Saturday afternoon at home, dividing our time between playing with little man and doing some summer cleaning.  By the end of the afternoon, Preston and I had purged four and a half bags worth of clothes from our dressers and closet, which were all donated to a local charity.  Then on Sunday we drove up to Baltimore to meet up with little man’s godmother, and we took him to his first baseball game.  Little man did great, and lasted the entire game!  We were all shocked at how well he did, and are looking at game schedules to see when we can take him to his next game.

We had a fabulous day at Camden Yards for little man's first baseball game!

We had a fabulous day at Camden Yards for little man’s first baseball game!

After a fabulous week and weekend, I’m looking forward to carrying that enthusiasm into my first week back at half marathon training.  Its going to be a busy week, filled with lots of doctor’s appointments for both little man and I, but I’m optimistic about still fitting in a great week of training for my next half marathon in September.

Mon 6/20 – 2.57 mile walk

Tues 6/21 – 35 minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Wed 6/22 – Rest day

Thurs 6/23 – 3.10 mile run, 0.29 mile cool down walk, 25 minutes of strength training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 6/24 – Rest day

Sat 6/25 – 3.50 mile run, 0.49 mile cool down walk

Sun 6/26 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 12.93 miles

QOTD: What was one highlight of your week?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Weekly Recap – Week of June 20th

I am so glad yall had a good time at the game! Great job on your workouts this week!

2. Looks like a fun week! Nice way to recover from your race.

3. briwifruit says:

That is a solid week of workouts, well done! I need to get my butt back in gear for running, have been taking it way too easy lately!

I’m also trying to establish a good schedule, but things are out of my control with the fitness room. Glad the chiropractor was able to help and you could get back to running. Did he say what happened?

5. Have a fabulous summer. I bet you are happy to be finished with the school yr.
    I am sure it will go way too fast enjoying time with your little man. That’s great that he was able to last the whole game. I can’t believe he is already 6 months old.

6. What a great week! I’m so happy it was better than your last few!

7. Ana says:

Awesome week of rest ! AwW! the little baseball star! how cute!

8. Happy summer, and good luck with both training and enjoying all the fun activities with little man (and his first Disney trip!)

9. Great week for you! It’s hard when nothing seems to line up and workouts become so difficult to fit in. My week’s highlight was probably beach yoga. It was just so revitalizing.

10. What a fun time at the game!!! Glad your back pain is starting to get better! Great job on all your workouts!!!

11. carmyy says:

I can’t believe he’s 6 months now! Time flew by SO fast!

12. Glad to hear you are having a better week and now that school is over you have way more time to spend with your little cutie

13. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I’m glad to hear your training went well and that you’re all feeling back to full health! Wow, I can’t believe your little guy is already 6 months old, he’s getting big! I think my big highlight was becoming a homeowner 🙂

14. I can’t believe your little one is already 6 months old!!! Oh they grow up WAYYY too fast! A highlight from my week was taking my oldest to his first-ever week of swimming lessons. And taking both of the boys to our first parade of the year! Summer is officially here 🙂 🙂 🙂

15. MB Jackson says:

Isn’t it nice when a week comes together? Great job and great pics!

16. Happy 6 months to your little guy! My daughter turned 18 months last Tuesday. Sounds like they are almost exactly a year apart. How cool!

Glad the Chiropractor is helping with your back issue. The baseball game looked like lots of fun. My family is excited about a Red Sox game they will all be attending in a couple weeks!

18. Loving all your cute pictures! I bet he was the cutest guy at the game, no doubt!!!
    Sorry about your back, as someone who deals with it too I know how discouraging it can be at times. Hope it keeps recovering for you!!! Glad your getting your fitness groove back, I need a little of that groove in my own life. I’m hoping this week!

19. Woot!!!! Welcome to summer! I have not been to one ball field YET this summer. Granted, we don’t have any major league action nearby, but there are the local HS games. We do have a minor league team in DSM…the Iowa Cubs, but I have not made the effort ;-(

20. Aw he is just too precious! Would love to meet him someday. Glad you’re back pain is feeling a little bit better. Looks like you had a fun weekend!!

21. Yay for little man’s first game. He’s SUCH a happy guy – I can’t wait to get to hang out with him (and you :)) again!

22. Juliana Calhoun says:

i love the pics of you all at the baseball game-just so adorable!!

23. HoHo Runs says:

I’m glad to hear you and little man are both feeling better. Hooray for summer vacation! I hope you enjoy your teaching break and all the fun activities you have planned. Doesn’t it feel so good to clean out the closets and dresser drawers? It is something I desperately need to do. Thanks for linking with us Kathryn. Good luck with half marathon training!

24. Omg the camden yards photos are adorable! My BF and I go to a lot of baseball games and I think camden yards has been my favorite stadium so far. Haven’t been to a baseball game this summer yet though!

25. Isn’t it great when weeks come together like this one? 6 months already. Hey I’ve got one for ya, my daughter turned 20 today!! OMG where oh where has the time gone? Have a great week Kathryn!

26. Michelle @ Running with Attitude says:

Looks like a great week and weekend! How fun that you got to take your little guy to his first baseball game! Amazing to think he’s already 6 months!