I’ve been counting down to this day since I returned to work from maternity leave: its the last day of the school year! I’ll be spending the morning finishing up cleaning up my classroom, followed by a faculty/lunch meeting, and then by mid-afternoon I’ll officially be on summer break. I always look forward to summer break, but I’ve been especially excited about this summer for a number of reasons.
1. I can’t wait to spend more time with little man. Time is just flying by, and I can’t believe that he turned six months old yesterday. While I’m out of school for the summer, little man will also be taking a break from daycare. I cannot wait to spend the next couple of months with him.
2. On Sunday, we’ll be taking little man to his first baseball game. Preston and I are both huge baseball fans, and we’re excited to introduce little man to the world of baseball by taking him to an Orioles game at Camden Yards in Baltimore.
3. We’ll be spending most of the month of July with my mom. Little man and I will be spending a week in Illinois at my parents’ house, and then my mom will be flying back with us to help take care of little man while I’m working on a three week long curriculum project for my school district.
4. At the end of July, Preston and I will be celebrating our five year wedding anniversary. I can’t believe that its already been five years since we said “I do.”
5. We can’t wait to take little man on his first trip to Disney World. We’ll be spending a week in August at Disney with Preston’s side of the family. Its going to be quite the adventure with 11 of us at Disney, including two babies.
QOTD: What are you looking forward to about this summer?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!