ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 18

There’s only one word that can be used to describe this past week: amazing!  I book ended the week with PRs – on Monday at the Ringing in Hope 10k and then on Saturday at the ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon.  Going into the week, Monday’s PR was much more expected than Saturday’s PR.  Given how hilly the Annapolis course is, and how humid it was on Saturday morning, my PR at ZOOMA was completed unexpected, which made crossing the finish line that much more exciting.

Post race on Saturday

Post race on Saturday

Like planned, I took the week easy.  After Monday’s 10k, I only ran one other time, and walked another day.  It seems like nothing could stop me from getting both PRs, even a sore toe from my lost toenail.

Post race on Monday

Post race on Monday

I can’t wait to recap both races, especially Saturday’s race.  Between the meetups with other ambassadors the race itself, and the post race celebration with Preston and little man, I have so much to share.  In the meantime, I’ll be taking it easy on the running front for the next week or two.  I intended to enjoy my  after school and weekend time by going for plenty of walks with little man and hopefully using the elliptical a bit more at the gym.  I’m definitely looking forward to the short break from training before I start training for Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach at the beginning of September.

Mon 5/30 – Ringing in Hope 10k

Tues 5/31 – 2.51 mile run

Wed 6/1 – 3.10 mile run, 0.37 mile cool down walk, 15 minutes of strength training (upper body, abs)

Thurs 6/2 – Rest day

Fri 6/3 – Rest day

Sat 6/4 – ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon, walking around downtown Annapolis

Sun 6/5 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 25.53 miles (11.13 miles more than week 17)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 303.06 miles

QOTD: When was the last time that you had an unexpected PR?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 18

Great job this week! I can’t wait to hear about Saturday’s race!! 🙂

Congrats on that PR! It sounds like your hard work really paid off.

3. Many congratulations! 🙂

4. Congrats on your PRs! And nice job getting them both within a week. I can’t wait to hear about them. I took most of my week off before my race because of my work hours. Not that I’m setting any PRs anymore :-).

5. I can’t wait to hear all about the half girl! Congrats again!!!

6. I was totally on track for a PR – until the second half an the hills set in. :/ Still pretty cool with my time, though, given the conditions! Go you for shaving off time. 🙂

7. Ana says:

Congratulations on your Half Marathon PR! That is amazing! I knew you had it in you all along!

can’t wait for the recap!

8. Way to go!! Those hills and the humidity were brutal….way to conquer them both and earn a PR.

It was nice meeting you on Friday at the ambassador get together! I hope to see again 😉

Great job! It’s good to hear your toe is cooperating, and go enjoy that downtime.

10. haleyduke17 says:

Woo hoo! Nice work mamasita. That’s awesome. You’re hard work is paying off.

11. SuzLyfe says:

Apparently having a baby was good for you–you are just #cantstopwontstop! Congrats!

12. Great job Kathryn. My last unexpected PR was probably at RnR Vegas. I went into the race not confident at all because I forgot to put marathon cream on my knee and I was starting to feel the pain while I was on the monorail on the way to the start. Surprisingly it didn’t bother me during the race an I got a PR out of it. But to be fair, that has been the only half marathon I’ve run “uninjured”!

13. Tia says:

Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to read your recaps! You’ve been working so hard and your efforts truly paid off!

14. Congrats on TWO PRs! You are rocking this running thing! All of your hard work is paying off (and showing me that I need to get my butt in gear if I want to PR sometime soon!)

15. What???? No recap of ZOOMA? The suspense is killing me (well, sort of LOL). I was so excited to see the stuff on Instagram about the PR….can’t wait to hear the story behind it!! (my recent unexpected PR happened on a hilly 13.1 route..actually, it wasn’t a true PR, but it was an unexpected fast finish time). 😉

16. That Zooma course is a tough one nice job you! Have not had a PR in a while but I’ve been improving my run times lately so perhaps there is hope

17. Woohoo! Way to go!! I haven’t had a PR in quite some time, but hopefully in the fall :).

18. Congrats on your PR! You are really doing great!

19. Way to go! That’s amazing! I love those surprise PRs more than anything!

It’s been a while since I PR’d anything, but I am looking forward to shaving those minutes and seconds off my times in the future.

20. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Congratulations again on your PR! ZOOMA had to be tough with that humidity, but it apparently didn’t bother you one bit! I hope you enjoy your time off and relax. Looking forward to the full recap!

21. YAY Congratulations!!! Your so awesome, and sounds like it was a tough race to PR in, which makes it even that much more awesome!! Love it!
    Sounds like you had a fun week on top of it all!

22. congrats on the PR! I ran a hilly and humid half on Sunday and missed by PR by alot but oh well. the bad part is my toenails are all now sore!

23. HoHo Runs says:

Another PR is fantastic! I’m in awe you earned it in that humidity. I can’t wait to hear all the details. Thanks for linking Kathryn!

24. What an amazing week for you! Congratulations again! I got really really close to a PR back in Memphis, had I known I was so close I know I could have got it. 🙂

25. Congratulations on a week of PR’s! Can’t wait for your recaps! I was 8 seconds from a new 8K PR in May. I wouldn’t have walked that last hill if I’d realized I was so close.

26. Farrah says:

You look so happy! :]! Great job and congrats on your PRs! <3!! That's so awesome! :]