ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 16

What. A. Week!  If you read Friday’s post, then you already know that the first half of last week was long and exhausting.  On both Monday and Tuesday I was out of the house for about 12 hours each day, and on Wednesday I was gone for about 11.  By the time I got home each day, I was beyond exhausted.  Wednesday morning, I woke up with a scratchy throat, only to have my worst fears confirmed on Friday when I woke up congested.  This is the second time since little man started daycare six weeks ago that I’ve gotten sick, so I can only assume that its the germs that he’s bringing home with him from daycare that are causing me to get sick.  Thankfully, this time around I haven’t battled the fever or the general tiredness and achiness that I did when I was sick last month.

On top of getting sick, the theme of rain also continued this past week.  Although we had a couple afternoons of sun, by Friday night the rain returned, and it proceeded to pour all day Saturday and Sunday.  This made for an interesting Fit Foodie 5k on Saturday, which I’ll recap later this week.

At the finish line with Mar and Jenny

At the finish line with Mar and Jenny

I also completed my 14 mile training run yesterday on the treadmill at the gym.  It was a very tough run.  Running for that long on the treadmill is never easy, and then adding being congested to it made it especially difficult.  But with some extra walk breaks and keeping my pace slow for the majority of my run helped me get through it.

Running 14 miles on the treadmill is never an easy feat, but coupled with being sick just made it that much more difficult.

Now that its officially taper time for ZOOMA Annapolis, and the weather forecast is looking better for later in the week, I’m looking forward to spending more time outside with little man on walks, as well as devoting some more time to strength training.  Although I’m far from meeting my goals for the month, all I can ask of myself at this point is that I end the month on as high of a note as possible.

Mon 5/16 – Rest day

Tues 5/17 – Rest day

Wed 5/18 – 3.70 mile run, 0.33 mile cool down walk

Thurs 5/19 – 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes of strength training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 5/20 – Rest day

Sat 5/21 – Fit Foodie 5k

Sun 5/22 – 14.00 mile run on the treadmill, 0.5o mile cool down walk

Total Weekly Mileage – 21.23 miles (7.38 miles more than week 15)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 263.13 miles

QOTD: How do you manage to fit your workouts in during busy weeks?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 16

1. If I’m having a busy week (more than usual!), I get up earlier to get my runs done. That’s the one thing I don’t let slide. I might skip yoga, tho.

I sure hope you’re feeling better. It’s tough trying to get it all done! You’ve got to be run down.

2. Wow, 14 miles on the treadmill is awesome!

I had a sore throat,and was stuffy and congested last week too. It was awful. I dint know if it was a head cold or allergies.

Man, that is so impressive you did your 14 miles on a treadmill while congested! I had a horrible sinus headache towards the middle of last week. I think the weather has been playing havoc with a lot of people.

Friday I woke up with a scratchy throat, but this weekend was OK. I think it’s something in the air with all the rain we’ve all been getting. We start to dry out in Dallas and another round of storms come through. Great job on your 14-miler and reaching taper time.

5. Girl I hope you feel better soon! And 14 miles on the treadmill plus being sick??? You are a ROCKSTAR!!!

Hopefully you will gain more resistance to the daycare germs in the future. It is tough feeling tired while trying to get in workouts and taking care of your baby and teaching. Running 14 miles on the treadmill is no joke but hopefully DWTS kept you entertained! Since I don’t work, I find that it is when I travel that I struggle getting in workouts, but getting up early usually works for me.

7. That is an EPIC treadmill run! Great job!

8. I was sick for over a week and I don’t think the weather helped. But 14 miles on a treadmill? Color me impressed!

9. 14 miles on the treadmill! Yikes! My longest treadmill run was 10 miles that I thought that was brutal haha. But I’m glad you were able to get in the run! I’ve been sick this week, too – it’s no fun at all. I hope you are feeling better and that this week is less crazy for you!

10. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I saw that you posted about your 14-mile run…considering you weren’t feeling well, a 10:55 pace is awesome! I hope you’re feeling better now and can really enjoy the taper (along with some warmer, sunnier weather!)

11. Ana says:

14 miles on the treadmill sounds like a lot of dedication!! Way to go! you are my hero!

You will crush this Half Marathon! way to go!

12. I’m out of the house an average of 10 or so hours each day 5 days a week for work, so I can empathize, it does wear one out! !4 miles on the treadmill deserves a medal in itself! Great job!

I am impressed – 14 miles on the treadmill is awesome, way to go! So sorry about the congestion! Hope you feel better soon!

14. Ugh you did do the 14 on the mill! Good for you and great to see you and chat for a bit

15. I can’t even imagine the true grit you must have had to endure 14 miles on the Tm. I think my “distance PR” on the TM is 5 miles. There are times when there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Even rising earlier than usual can be a struggle to fit it all in…and if it’s truly a struggle, then I don’t think it’s worth it. Sometimes, things just need to be left undone. Of course, repeatedly skipping the same things over & over isn’t good either. Those 14 miles certainly made up for a lot of missed runs…not just the distance, but the endurance!

16. Ugh, sorry you’re sick! Long treadmill runs take some serious mental focus. I have done a few crazy long TM runs during marathon training. I always feel SO happy when they’re over! Hope you’re feeling better and the sun returns. I am so done with the rain.

17. Elle says:

Sorry you are not feeling well. Yup, once kids get into daycare and school the whole family gets sick… Mom, Dad and even grandparents.

18. love that finish line photo of us! what a rainy day. And I cannot believe you ran 14 miles on the treadmill. just wow. kudos to you.

19. I saw your pictures of yall’s race on IG, Look at those smile! And familiar faces, Love it!
    I hate you didn’t feel well, but great job on your long treadmill run, your right it’s not easy that long! Last week was cut short because of vacation and I looked forward to more normal this week.

20. Very productive week for you! Sorry you haven’t been feeling well, but it looks like you toughed it out and overcame beautifully. Great work!

21. First, I just want to give you a virtual bow, 14 miles on a treadmill that is beyond not easy. I’ve had to do a few long runs on a treadmill in the past, and after a while it’s just a mental game that is a tough one. So when I hear someone do it, I just have to give ya total props!!!
    Wow what a busy week, so sorry to hear you have caught a cold. dids at Daycare and Elementary I tell my sisters they are just germ pools. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve caught something from playing with one of my cute nieces or nephews from something they caught at school. In fact, I have a flu bug right now I am working through (I feel your pain) and I am pretty sure my niece gave it to me, or a patient at the clinic I work in. I’d lean toward the clinic, but oddly my niece is as sick as me right now, LOL
    Feel better soon my friend! Hope you can have a little less busy of a week this time!
    Are you wrapping up your school year, do you get the summer off? I noticed most of the schools here end the year this week and my friend who’s a teacher cannot wait until Thursday, LOL

22. I have to do morning workouts on my super busy weeks…nothing is guaranteed in the evening.

23. HoHo Runs says:

Ugh. Being sick is the worst. At least little man is not getting sick too. That would make it doubly bad. I can’t believe you ran 14 miles on a TM. I think 7 is my record, way back when. And congested too. PROPS. I do all of my weekday running at 5:50 (seriously). It just won’t happen later in the day. I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your taper! Thanks for linking with us Kathryn.

24. laurenweiner says:

Mad props to you for getting a run in while sick. I am a giant wuss when I’m sick and I don’t run. Glad you are on the mend!

25. natrunsfar says:

14 miles on the treadmill is AWESOME. You should be so happy with that workout!
    I hope you feel better soon and so excited for the Annapolis half – can’t wait to hear all about it!

26. Oh, man…SERIOUS props for running that long on a treadmill! I could NEVER do that, seriously…that’s awesome! Sounds like you’re going to kill this race. Hope you feel better soon!