ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 15

Just like two weeks ago, much of this past week we still were faced with rain, clouds, and general dreariness.  Its amazing how almost two weeks straight of unfavorable weather can have an impact on you, and constantly make you feel tired and unmotivated.  With the exception of last weekend, almost every day has been filled with rain and clouds.  The DC area experienced 15 days straight of rain each day, way more days in a row that I wanted to see rain.  Anytime that the rain let up this past week, I tried my best to take advantage of being able to be outside when I could, not only to train but also to help my mood.  Thankfully we were able to enjoy beautiful weather by the time Saturday came, and I’ve noticed that the return of the sun has not only helped me feel more motivated but has generally made me happier.

Being able to run with the sun shining brightly was just the thing I wanted to see after almost two straight weeks of rain and clouds

Not only did the rain bring a challenge this past week, but we also had a full calendar this past week.  Little man and I each had a doctor’s appointment one day after school, my AP students took the AP World exam on Thursday, and we spent the weekend up in New Jersey with my in-laws.  And since little man turned 20 weeks old on Wednesday, we took a fun picture together.

20 weeks pregnant vs. a 20 week old little man. What a difference!

20 weeks pregnant vs. a 20 week old little man. What a difference!

This coming week will be just as busy as this past week.  Virginia state testing starts on Wednesday, and all five of my classes will be taking their state Social Studies exam over the next two weeks.  Saturday is the Fit Foodie 5k (you can still register and save 10% using discount code DANCINGTORUNNING), and then on Sunday I’ll complete my last double digit long run (14 miles) in preparation for ZOOMA Annapolis.  Its going to be another busy and exciting week!

Mon 5/9 – Rest day

Tues 5/10 – 3.50 mile run, 0.27 mile cool down walk, 15 minutes of strength training (upper body and abs)

Wed 5/11 – Rest day

Thurs 5/12 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.49 mile cool down walk, 35 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 5/13 – 1.75 mile walk

Sat 5/14 – 4.35 mile run, 0.39 mile cool down walk

Sun 5/15 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 13.85 miles (9.44 miles less than week 14)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 241.90 miles

QOTD: How is your mood when the weather is rainy, cloudy, and dreary?  Who else struggles with motivation when the weather conditions are unfavorable.

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 15

1. CARLA says:

I love love love all things ZOOMA
    I did the napa race and ….wanna do the napa race again and again 🙂

2. I have no excuse to not do workouts when the weather is bad because I have an indoor bike, treadmill, and boflex but yet I still don’t take advantage of them. I’d much rather be outside.

We were suppose to get thunderstorms here but we never got anything. I’m still waiting for a good storm!

The weather really has put a damper on things the last couple weeks. Hopefully we have better luck this week 🙂 I love that 20 week photo comparison, so cute!

4. LOVE that picture of you two!!! Precious! And I love the transformation!!! Hope y’all get some sunny weather this week! Rainy weather always makes me feel blah too!

5. It’s been cold and rainy here in the Midwest too. I’m so over it!

I struggle when it’s rainy and cloudy too. The past couple springs in Texas have been wet ones, and my mood definitely changes if I don’t see the sun after a certain point.

7. SuzLyfe says:

This weather has been the pits! And then every time we get a good day, it is like we are being punished the next day.

8. Thumbs up for running despite the rain! I’m over all the bad weather, too.

Wow, that is alot of days with rain. I always say though that it is important to run at least one training run in a cycle during poor weather so you are prepared on race day. I feel certain you are ready for anything!

10. Oh bad weather…bringer of all things evil and unmotivating. I have a very hard time getting myself to the gym if it’s monsooning outside, but I usually try and at least do something at home, even if it’s just spending some time on You Tube with Adriene. I figure at least some movement is better than curling up into a little ball on the couch with the mutt, tempting as that always seems to be! 🙂

11. The weather certainly can take a toll on your wanting to run. It sure does with me…and then to have access to a treadmill…well, I would just rather run on the TM then in the terrible weather!

12. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

You know, I have been feeling less motivated to run and the rain we’ve been having in Philly is probably why! Great job with your runs, I can’t believe you’re already up to 14 miles! Can’t wait to see how it shapes up for you. And happy 20 weeks to your little one!

13. When it’s dreary, my mood is noticeably drearier as well unless it turns into a cozy fun afternoon/evening in unexpectedly, which is rare. I like being outside in the sun!

14. Give me sunshine!!!!! I dread the cold and damp conditions…because I know I need the miles anyways, and it’s hard to start a run with enthusiasm when the weather is crappy. I can handle dampness in the summer but not in the spring when the temps are still chilly. That said, I’ll still take it to the streets over a treadmill LOL

15. carmyy says:

Ugh there was a rain/snow/hail storm yesterday and I definitely did not feel like going out for my run!

16. I definitely get affected by the weather. Rainy weather makes me want to do nothing but cozy up on the couch.

17. The weather definitely impacts my mood. I’ve been in LA for the past week and the sunshine and warmth are so amazing! Good luck to you and all your students!

18. He is getting big! Excited to see you in person this weekend

19. Great week!

I am a hot mess when it rains. I am unmotivated and I get edgy and either want to sleep or get all kinds of worked up about all the things i’d rather be doing. Rain is not my friend in the least. Hope you are getting clear skies from here on out.

20. Coco says:

You both look so cute! Luckily I got some sunshine in NYC last week, but it was raining in D.C. when I got back on Friday!

21. I just LOVE that photo of you and your son at 20 wks preg vs 20 wks old, so cute!!!

22. natrunsfar says:

Great job on your training this week! I wish we could get a tiny bit of the rain you guys experienced!! I know it was a bummer, but think about how green it will be for summer! Little Man is SO cute!!!

23. I absolutely find that I feel down when the weather in dreary.
    Have fun this weekend, that race always looks so fun!!

24. You guys have had a lot of dreary weather. Our weather here hasn’t been great either but we’ve atleast had one or two partially sunny days a week to break the dreary up. Hope you guys start getting some sun too.
    Love the photo, though you look great in both shots, but yes a difference for sure 🙂 You and the little man are looking awesome!

I’m not a fan of consistent rainy weather either – I definitely love the sunshine! Love the 20 week pic! Such a cute idea!!

26. I SO struggle when its gross outside! I love the sun!

27. Rachel @ RachelMcMichael.com says:

Oh my goodness – yes!! Rain and bad weather make it tough. I’m looking forward to sunny and 75 in the near future!!

28. HoHo Runs says:

I love the 20 week picture. You look awesome to be only 20 weeks post delivery! I realized years go that I’m completely solar powered. If the weather is gloomy, so am I. I struggle to find motivation and energy to do anything. How exciting your race is almost here! Congrats on getting to that last long double digit run. Enjoy it! Thanks for linking with us Kathryn.

29. What a neat idea on the picture of 20 weeks! He sure is growing! Rain makes it tough for sure to get motivated. I’ll throw yall some sunshine maybe it will help 🙂

30. Love your comparison picture! Your boy is precious! I would be miserable with rain 15 days straight.