I know earlier this week I said I’d recap last Saturday’s Jaguar 5k and share the details of how my PR race went. But with Mother’s Day on Sunday, and this year being my first Mother’s Day, I decided to instead dedicate today’s post to the upcoming day. With this being my first Mother’s Day, I wanted to highlight and share five things that I love about being a mother.
1. Little man and I have a mother-son bond that nobody else can interfere with.
2. I have loved watching him grow and develop over the past 4.5 months. Time has definitely been flying by, and it seems like everyday he’s able to do something new. Just in the past couple of weeks he’s started turning himself over from both tummy to back and back to tummy, and in the past week has started doing so almost effortlessly.
3. Seeing him smile just brings a huge smile to my face.
4. I love doing things with him, including going for walks, cuddling on the couch, reading books, and listening to music together.
5. Now that I’m a mother I have a new appreciation for my own mother. She has done so much for me throughout my life, and since little man was born has done so much to help with him as well. Little man and his Grammie also have a very special bond.
QOTD: To my fellow mommies, what is your favorite thing about being a mother?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!