Friday Five – Mother’s Day Edition

I know earlier this week I said I’d recap last Saturday’s Jaguar 5k and share the details of how my PR race went.  But with Mother’s Day on Sunday, and this year being my first Mother’s Day, I decided to instead dedicate today’s post to the upcoming day.  With this being my first Mother’s Day, I wanted to highlight and share five things that I love about being a mother.

1.  Little man and I have a mother-son bond that nobody else can interfere with.

Photo Credit: Katie Vogel Photography

Photo Credit: Katie Vogel Photography

2.  I have loved watching him grow and develop over the past 4.5 months.  Time has definitely been flying by, and it seems like everyday he’s able to do something new.  Just in the past couple of weeks he’s started turning himself over from both tummy to back and back to tummy, and in the past week has started doing so almost effortlessly.

One of my favorite milestones to witness so far was his mastering of the baby push up back in February

3.  Seeing him smile just brings a huge smile to my face.

Baby smiles are one of the best sights ever!

Baby smiles are one of the best sights ever!

4.  I love doing things with him, including going for walks, cuddling on the couch, reading books, and listening to music together.

Little man and I after a walk last month

Little man and I after a walk last month

5.  Now that I’m a mother I have a new appreciation for my own mother.  She has done so much for me throughout my life, and since little man was born has done so much to help with him as well.  Little man and his Grammie also have a very special bond.

Little man and Grammie (my mom) last month

Little man and Grammie (my mom) last month

QOTD: To my fellow mommies, what is your favorite thing about being a mother?

DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

This entry was posted in Parenthood and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Friday Five – Mother’s Day Edition

1. Carla says:

Oh number three. That smile that smile. I hope you have those printed and all over the house 🙂
    Happy happy Mother’s Day.

I love the first picture of you guys, Kathryn!! So adorable! With my first Mother’s Day this year too, I’m looking forward to taking my little one to church for the first time on Sunday! 🙂 I love everything about being a mother!

3. I hope you have a very special mommies day!

4. Preciousness!!! Motherhood suits you Kathryn!!! I LOVE being a mom! And being a mom of boys is even more special! I hope you have an amazing first Mother’s Day!!!

5. Shawna says:

just found you thru Mar’s linkup — love these photos! you and your lil man are SO precious together. that bond just shines right on thru. happy first mother’s day!

6. I love watching my girls grow, learn and play. Each milestone met or new challenges they meet are proud moments for me. I feel so blessed to be a mom 🙂

7. Ana says:

Awww!! those pictures are precious!! Happy Mother’s day to you!!

Aww… What a great post! I hope you enjoy you first Mother’s Day as a mom 🙂

9. I have loved being a mom since day one. It isn’t always easy but it’s the most rewarding job there is.

Happy Mother’s Day!!!!

10. irenejean says:

Your son is so cute! I love the smiles too, and watching him develop new skills. It’s amazing.