ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 13

What a week this past week was!  We had a roller coaster of weather this past week, including several days in a row of dreary, rainy, and cold weather.  I’m quite missing the sunny 70 and 80 degree days that we’ve already had several of this Spring, and even though warm weather in this area is often accompanied by humidity, I’d much rather have those days than the very dreary days that we’ve been having.  Yes, I know that means that my pace will slow down, but I’m quite fond of hot and humid weather.

Despite the dreary weather that we had for most of the week, I made the best of the week.  Some of my highlights from this past week included:

Running in my new ZOOMA singlet for the time during Tuesday evening’s run

zooma singlet

Spending two evenings focusing on strength and/or weight training after making it a priority for myself after my lack of training last week

PRing at Saturday’s Jaguar 5k

jaguar 5k

Little man celebrating with me after Saturday’s Jaguar 5k

The cloudy and cool weather definitely worked in my favor during Saturday’s race, and not only did I meet my A goal, but I also ran my first sub-30 5k.  I can’t wait to recap the excitement of Saturday’s race!  Until then, I’ll be living the high of my productive training week last week and using it to fuel my motivation for this week.

Mon 4/25 – Rest day

Tues 4/26 – 3.49 mile run, 0.28 mile cool down walk

Wed 4/27 – 30 minutes of strength training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Thurs 4/28 – 3.10 mile run run on the treadmill, 0.37 mile cool down walk, 30 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 4/29 – Rest day

Sat 4/30 – Jaguar 5k (ran 3.16 miles according to my Garmin)

Sun 5/1 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 10.40 miles (15.84 miles less than week 12)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 204.76 miles

QOTD: How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 13

1. Congrats on that sub 30! You have had an amazing postpartum comeback! Looking forward to the recap.

2. Your boy is getting so big already! Time flies! Great training week, and congrats on your 5k!

3. Julie @ Running in a Skirt says:

Congrats on your first sub-30! What a great achievement!

4. Congrats on your PR!!!! Can’t wait to read the recap!!!

5. Tia says:

Congratulations on your PR!! That is so exciting! Can’t wait to read all about it…

Congrats on the PR. I know you have been working toward a sub 30 5k, and how to accomplish that goal. Nice training week too!

7. Carmyy says:

The weather was silly! Saturday is was gorgeous and sunny and Sunday were there were 2 different races, it rained! Haha. Congrats on your PR! Total ya you’d get it 😉

8. Congratulations on the 5k!

9. Elle says:

A PR! How wonderful… hope the sun shines bright for you this week!

10. Ana says:

congratulations! I knew you could do it!

Congrats on the 5k! I hope the weather wasn’t bad for the race. I’m not good in the heat, but I definitely don’t want to run in rain.

SO proud of you! Congrats on the PR!! I hear you on the weather – it’s been nasty here too.

13. Woo hoo how great does that feel to PR a race right after having a baby?!

14. WOOHOO! I can’t wait to hear about your race!

15. Great job! Weather here has been humid and rainy, yuck!

Wow, congrats on that sub-30 5k! I look forward to hearing about the race.

17. Congratulations on your PR! That’s fantastic!

18. Congrats on the PR! And so soon after the baby? You are only getting better and better!

19. CONGRATS!!!! PR’s make all of us smile (our own, and those of others). And the weather? It’s been kind of a roller coaster…warm weather with lots of sunshine, then chilly, cold, and damp. Ugh. Luckily, the cold & damp held off for my race yesterday 😉

20. Congrats!!!! What an awesome week you had! Our weather has been quiet nasty, but of course since I am working 6/7 days this week, the sun has finally come out, LOL!

21. MCM Mama says:

I’m so over the dreary. I don’t mind cool weather and I don’t mind some rain, but the constant grey is getting to me. I was thrilled to see some sun today at the end of my run (although I totally overdressed because it looked so dreary out.)

22. Great week and congratulations on a fabulous time!

The weather here has been hot, as it will continue to be until winter. We were lucky in that the heat came later this year, but we are getting 90s now. Keep up the training! You’ve got this!

23. Great wk! Congrats on your PR. Such a cute pic of you and your little guy.

24. HoHo Runs says:

I’m absolutely thrilled to hear you got your sub 30 at the Jaguar 5k! And a PR too! That is such great motivation, isn’t it? I think you’re the first person I’ve known to say they like hot and humid weather. LOL. I’m OK with it as along as I’m in or on a body of water. But running — very difficult for me, The Zooma tank is very pretty. Thanks for linking with us Kathryn,

25. YAY on your 5K race goal. Maybe having the bundle of cuteness at the finish was the extra umpphh you needed to get the sub 30!
    Great job! It’s so amazing how incredible your comeback has been since pregnancy, you just rock!!!! Great job girl!!!!

26. That singlet looks good on you, mama! Can’t wait to see you at the race!

27. thebarbella says:

Congrats on your 5k PR! How exciting!

28. Congrats on the sub-30! I’m looking forward to meeting you in Annapolis!

29. Congratulations to you on the PR in the Jaguar 5k! I know you are so glad to be back at! I think little man is happy too! I’m with you on the dreary weather. I’m use to running in the hot humid MS heat but rainy yucky is not my cup of tea!