Wow, what a week! Between work, keeping up with my training, three doctor’s appointments between little man and I, and being sick with the stomach flu at the beginning of the week, this week has just completely flown by. I spent much of this week trying to stay afloat because of everything that’s been going on, which made this week absolutely exhausting. Because it was an exhausting week, my mind has also been racing a mile a minute with everything that’s been going on!
1. Little man turned four months old last Saturday, and yesterday marked one year since we had our first ultrasound. Its amazing just how quickly time is passing by!
2. Tomorrow morning I’ll be running my second race of the year, the Jaguar 5k. I’m cautiously optimistic about how tomorrow morning’s race will go. After several days of rain, the weather forecast is looking good for Saturday morning. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
3. Speaking of racing, I’m contemplating registering for a 10k on Memorial Day. The other day I received an e-mail from PR Races (I’ve run a number of their races) about the Ringing in Hope 5k/10k. Part of me wants to see if I can push myself to a new 10k PR (my current 10k PR is from last April) to be able to use as proof of time for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November. This race is only five days before ZOOMA though, however, a 10k would be a good distance to run for my last long run before my next half marathon. Decisions, decisions!
4. Another race that I’m contemplating signing up for is the Leesburg 20k in August. I ran this race back in 2014 as my last long run before Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach. I’d use it again this year as my last long run before RnRVB. On the one hand, we will get back from our week long vacation at Disney World the evening prior, so it would be an early start the next morning. However, registering for the race would also ensure that I get myself out the door and complete my last long run after being away for a week.
5. This week Preston and I finalized our plans for our next trip to Illinois to visit my parents. We’ll be headed there in July, and we’re excited to not only take little man on his next airplane adventure but to also have him visit with his grandparents.
QOTD: What race(s) are you currently considering signing up for?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!