ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 12

Unlike the previous week, this past week of training was much more productive.  Although I spent most of the week still battling my terrible cold and trying to fight off the last of it, I finally felt well enough to start working out again.  Even though I sounded terrible (there were a couple of days where by the end of the school day my voice was pretty much gone), I was much less congested and had a lot more energy all around, which showed through with all of the mileage that I logged last week.

My first workout of the week was a family walk with little man, Preston, and our dog Riley

My biggest accomplishment this past week was my 10.51 mile run on Saturday.  This was my first double digit run since I ran Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach last Labor Day weekend.  Between Preston being out of the house in the morning, and the fact that it was raining, I delayed my run until mid-afternoon, which wound up working to my advantage since the weather cleared up and it was sunny and in the mid-60s during my run.  Although at some points it was quite windy while I was running, I still maintained an average pace of 10:31 min/mile.  My current half marathon PR was set with a 10:40 pace, so I’m intrigued to see if I’ll be able to come anywhere close to PRing at ZOOMA Annapolis in six weeks.

10.51 mile run

Although I only took one rest day last week, and fit in lots of time for cross training in the form of walks with little man, I was definitely lacking in the strength training department last week.  This coming week, I really want to try and make it a higher priority to find more time for it, since it will not only help make me a stronger runner but will also help me in terms of preventing injury.  Finding enough time for all of my work outs, while also making sure that Preston has time to work out, and that we have time together as a family before little man’s early bedtime, is definitely a huge challenge.  But I’m not one to shy away from a challenge.  Balancing time this week will most certainly be a challenge since between little man and I we have three doctor’s appointments this week, but all I can ask of myself is that I do the best that I can.

Mon 4/18 – 2.63 mile walk

Tues 4/19 – 3.10 mile run, 0.36 mile cool down walk, 15 minutes of strength training (upper body, abs)

Wed 4/20 – 3.27 mile walk

Thurs 4/21 – 3.20 mile run, 0.28 mile cool down walk

Fri 4/22 – Rest day

Sat 4/23 – 10.51 mile run, 0.46 mile cool down walk

Sun 4/24 – 2.43 mile walk

Total Weekly Mileage – 26.24 miles (19.55 miles more than week 11)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 194.36 miles

QOTD: What will be your biggest challenge this coming week?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 12

1. Yay for a double digit run! You are doing so awesome Kathryn! I have a feeling you will crush your old PR at Zooma in a few weeks!

2. Wow! a 10-mile run AFTER battling a cold. Well done! What’s my challenge this week? I guess it would be a 7-mile run this coming weekend since it’s going to be my longest run after pregnancy. I know I’ll be fine, it’s just more of a mental thing when you haven’t run this distance in a while ahah. PS. Your boy is so precious! How old is he? xoxo

Should you run with or without music? https://candiesandcrunches.com/2016/04/25/should-you-run-with-or-without-music/

Sounds like a great week! You really crushed it during that 10 mile run.

4. Wow, congrats on hitting double digits again!

5. Congrats on your double digit run!!! My biggest challenge will be juggling work, dentist appts, kids activities and vet appts for my dog! LOL!! Have a great week!!

Your training is going really well, and I can’t wait to read how ZOOMA does.

7. Ana says:

Awesome job on your training! Way to crush those 10.51 miles!! You will be rocking that half marathon!!

8. You have been doing so well with your training runs this cycle, you are definitely within reach of a PR at ZOOMA! Glad you’re feeling better.

9. wow you are really racking up the miles! The weather has been gorgeous too. Have a great week

10. you’re doing so great!

11. Awesome work, again! You are killing it out there!

My biggest challenge? Getting everything wrapped up for little man’s birthday this weekend, and staying patient with my running. It’s hard!

12. elenasonnino says:

Congrats on the long run! Glad you are feeling better!

13. Carmyy says:

Can I just say I want to squeeze his cheeks so badly? He’s adorable!

14. Double digits! Amazing! I’m so glad you are feeling better. I see that PR in your future!

15. christyruns says:

Great job getting in your 10.5 mile run! I love when I delay a run and it works out for the better. Toughest thing this week might be getting in my long run, I like to do my long runs during the week on my day off when the kids are in school but I picked up an extra day of work this week!

Awesome job this week with fitting your workouts and long run in! I have no doubt you’ll PR at your next half!!

17. “All I can ask of myself is to do the best that I can.” Golden words!! I’m excited to see how Zooma goes! You’ve had some ups & downs, but you have a strong endurance base….that’s gonna carry you through to the finish line 😉

18. Way to rock your 10 mile run, that is awesome!

19. My biggest challenge this week will be resting and trying to get a few runs in, as yes, I caught the crud that’s going around, too. I’ve taken 3 rest days, and am hoping a short, easy run tomorrow won’t set me back.

I don’t feel terrible, although my voice is mostly gone, but I am very tired and muscle aches. Bleh! I was behind a car with an EH sticker on it yesterday, and that was just how I felt (EH actually stood for East Hampton).

Here’s to a return to health for both of us!

20. I’m glad you are starting to feel better! Great mileage!

21. I am so glad to read your feeling better and getting over this junk! It is sure going around. Awesome job on the 10.5 miler! Love the smile too! My biggest challenge this week will be not forgetting anything for my trip to Nashville. I always forget something. I hope it’s not anything big.

22. HoHo Runs says:

I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. You had a great week. Congrats on that double digit run and that pace! It sounds like you’ll have no problem earning a PR at Zooma. I certainly admire your ability to maintain balance! As a Mom of 3 (almost) grown sons — I know the struggles. Good luck with the hectic week! Thanks for linking with us Kathryn!