I’m one of those people who, despite living a busy life and trying to live in the moment as much as possible, also enjoys looking ahead to anything and everything that is exciting on the calendar. With lots already on our calendar between now and the end of this year, its hard to not be excited about what lies ahead. Some of my current countdowns include:
1. 8 days until my next race – Next Saturday morning I’ll be running my fifth Jaguar 5k, which is an annual athletics fundraiser for the first school that I taught at. Its always great to go back and see old coworkers on race day.
2. 43 days until ZOOMA Annapolis – Its hard to believe that my spring goal race is right around the corner. Tomorrow I have 10.5 miles on my training plan, which will not only be my first double digit run but also my longest run since back in the fall. (And remember, if you’re interested in joining me for ZOOMA Annapolis, or you want to run ZOOMA Cape Cod or ZOOMA Florida you can use discount code KATHRYN16 to save 10% off of your race registration.)
3. 63 days until the end of the school year – Today marks the end of my fourth week back at work from maternity leave, and the end of little man’s second week at daycare. I can’t wait for the end of the school year so that I can be back home with him and we can enjoy a fun filled summer together.
4. 113 days until we leave for Disney World – We’re beyond excited for our week long family vacation at Disney in mid-August with Preston’s side of the family and to take little man to Disney for the first time.
5. 198 days until Wine and Dine Half Marathon – We’ll be returning to Disney in November for Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. After runDisney announced the lineup of changes to this year’s race weekend, we decided to upgrade my registration to allow me to run the new Lumiere Two Course Challenge (10k and half marathon). Race registration coincided with my birthday, so it was a nice birthday treat from Preston for him to register me for the challenge. I’m excited to finally be running this race after deferring last year’s registration, and am just as excited for little man to participate in the diaper dash.
QOTD: What are you currently counting down to?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!