The past two weeks being back at work have just been a blur. I finally feel like I’m starting to get back into my work routine, though I know that routine will change again next week when little man gets dropped off for his first day of daycare on Monday. It certainly hasn’t been easy to balance everything being back at work, but I’m just doing the best that I can to stay afloat.
Trying to stay focused on the things that make me happy is one of the ways that I’ve been able to cope with being back at work. Some of the things that have made me happy over the past two weeks include:
1. Its finally baseball season again! Not only are spring and summer my favorite seasons of the year, but my favorite professional sport to watch is baseball. Even though spring officially starts in March, I feel like it really starts in April once baseball season is underway.
2. Little man recently discovered his voice. Its so fun to watch him react to various things and hear the excitement in his voice as he plays, rolls around, and interacts with his toys.
3. Having my mom here for almost a week and a half has been absolutely wonderful. Preston and I are extremely grateful for her willingness to come help take care of little man during my transition back to work. It’ll definitely be bittersweet when I drop her off at the airport Saturday afternoon.
4. Now that little man has started developing a personality, I’ve made it a priority to take videos of him in addition to taking oodles of pictures of him. Watching the videos of him on my phone always brings a smile to my face. I mean, how can you not smile when you hear a baby’s giggle or see them smile?
5. Thinking about how much progress I’ve made since I was cleared to resume running at the end of January. If you follow me on social media then you may already know that on Tuesday I got a new 5k PR. My PR was completely unexpected, and while I’m still trying to process what has allowed me to make the running progress that I have since having little man (I plan to write a blog post about this in the near future), for now I’m enjoying basking in the glory of my recent accomplishment.
QOTD: What is currently making you happy?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!