Wine and Dine, Take 2

At this time last year Preston and I were extremely excited to have successfully registered for the 2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon.  About a month after registering we found out that we were expecting little man, and eventually decided that deferring Wine and Dine was our best decision.

Photo Credit: runDisney

Photo Credit: runDisney

Last week, I successfully reregistered Preston and I using the deferral links that runDisney had sent us.  However, after runDisney announced numerous changes for this year’s Wine and Dine weekend, including the addition of the 10k and Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge, I set about finding out how I could transfer my half marathon registration to a challenge registration.  runDisney doesn’t make it easy, but it was possible.  With Beauty and the Beast being my absolute favorite Disney movie, I knew that I wanted to participate in the inaugural Lumiere Challenge.

Yesterday, Preston successfully registered me for the inaugural challenge.  With today being my birthday, it was an absolutely wonderful birthday present to receive from him.  My last Disney half marathon was also my first half marathon, back in January 2014, so I’m over the moon excited about finally being able to participate in another race weekend at Disney World.

We can't wait to celebrate another runDisney race weekend with Mickey!

We can’t wait to celebrate another runDisney race weekend with Mickey!

Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend will be a family affair.  Not only will Preston and I both be running the half marathon, but my father-in-law is joining us at Disney for race weekend and will be participating in the 10k.  And little man is registered for his first race, as he’ll be participating in the diaper dash.

We’re all extremely excited to be headed to Disney World in November and to all be participating in Wine and Dine weekend!

QOTD: What is the best birthday present that you’ve received?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Wine and Dine, Take 2

1. Wow, I didn’t realize you had only run one other Disney half. In my mind you guys ran lots! That’s a really nice present. Best Birthday gift? Probably my watch or the surprise dinner that Adam planned with all of my friends.

What a fun race weekend this will be with little man running the diaper dash. I’m excited for you and think this is a great birthday gift. My favorite is when Christine surprised me and we got to run a 5k on my birthday and then go to Chick Fil A for the peppermint shake afterwards…it’s the little things.I’d much prefer adventures with family and friends versus a gift.

3. Good for you! Sounds like fun. Happy Birthday!

4. You will have a great time! I can only imagine how awesome the inaugural challenge medal will be. I would love to go to just watch the diaper dash!

5. Tia says:

That’s an amazing gift! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope to run Disney one day!

6. Aww how fun!
    Not really a birthday present, but the best gift I ever received was my Labrador! (and I didn’t even know I wanted her).
    Happy birthday Kathryn! I hope you have a wonderful day!

That’s great you guys will be doing the challenge it’s first year! I look forward to hearing how the weekend is with all the changes. And the diaper dash is always so cute! Sounds like a perfect family weekend 🙂

YAY! This sounds like so much fun and I’m super excited for you guys!! I can’t wait for all of the fun recaps!!

9. Great birthday gift indeed! That will be such a fun weekend for you all

10. Happy Happy Birthday! What a great birthday gift. So excited you will run the challenge and for little man’s first race. Funny, my good friends in Jacksonville also call their son little man 🙂

11. moorek17 says:

Happy Birthday! That is such a great birthday present! It sounds like a great race!

12. Happy Birthday! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite too. Will you dress up?

Happy birthday! I also LOVE BatB and am expecting Lumiere to be on the challenge medal. I’m not planning on running that weekend anytime soon, but the medals always give me some envy.

14. Wow, you’re going to have such a great time! Happy birthday and enjoy looking forward to this 🙂

15. Best present ever!!! I’m really really hoping to do this one in 2017.

16. See you there and happy birthday!!!!! WOOO!

17. natrunsfar says:

Happy, happy birthday!!! I hope you have a fun day of celebration!!
    The Wine and Dine weekend sounds so awesome!! It’ll definitely be worth the wait!! 🙂

18. Happy birthday! Have so much fun in WDW!

19. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you’ll have a wonderful race weekend – what a great gift! I love Beauty and the Beast too, it sounds like a lot of fun!

20. That’s incredibly cool! What a fabulous gift! I’m so glad you were able to defer successfully and get in on the inaugural challenge! I haven’t done Wine & Dine yet, but I’m interested to see how this year goes, with all the changes.

Best birthday gift? Super cheesy, but about 8 years ago, little man was in the NICU, and he was discharged and came home on my birthday. I’m pretty sure it was the best gift I could ever get.

21. Awesome birthday present!!!!
    Love that it’s going to be a family event. Had no idea they had a diaper dash, so cute!

22. Carmy says:

Super jealous! What a great gift! Now if only I can get race entries covered by the mister haha

23. happy belated birthday and I will see you there! I am running all three races (5k, 10k, and half). i guess I hadnt realized that you had only done the wdw half in 2014-you’ll love the race challenge for sure!

24. Such fun! Every time I read about the Disney races it makes me want to do one. The warm weather is enticing too! You are going to have such fun!

25. Pingback: Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1 | From Dancing to Running

26. Pingback: Wine and Dine Half Marathon Training Log – Week 3 | From Dancing to Running

27. Pingback: Top 5 Posts of 2016 | From Dancing to Running