ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 6

This past week was absolutely fantastic.  I shared on Friday about the absolutely gorgeous weather that we had last week, which allowed for little man and I to take several long walks together.  On Monday and Tuesday our walks included running errands while we were out.  On Monday we walked to the tailor to drop off two pairs of pants to be hemmed, and on Tuesday we walked to the post office and the grocery store.  The beautiful weather also allowed me to complete my Tuesday evening run outside.  I opted to run at the gym on Thursday so that I could also lift weights that evening.  After such nice weather last week I’m a bit bummed that its supposed to be cooler, and rainy, for several days this week.  Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for the nice weather to return.

Little man and I both thoroughly enjoyed all of the time that we spent outside last week

In addition to the beautiful weather, the other highlight from this past week was Saturday’s Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Half Marathon.  I’ll fully recap the race later this week, but I’m excited to report that I completed my 7th half marathon.  I stuck to my race plan, which was to run the first eight miles as a training run, and then walk the rest.  Even though I felt pretty good at mile 8, I forced myself to not overdo it and to stick to my plan.

post race rnrdc

Obligatory post race medal photo at the finish line at RFK Stadium

Between the number of walks that little man and I took, as well as Saturday’s half marathon, this past week’s mileage total was quite high.  I’m not sure when I’ll next see a weekly total hit over 20 miles.  I’m thinking it won’t be until sometime next month when I complete my next double digit long run.

Mon 3/7 – 1.77 mile walk

Tues 3/8 – 3.76 mile walk, 3.11 mile run, 0.36 mile cool down walk, 20 minutes of strength training (upper body and abs)

Wed 3/9 – 3.07 mile walk

Thurs 3/10 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.46 mile cool down walk, 30 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 3/11 – Rest day

Sat 3/12 – Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Half Marathon (13.50 miles according to my Garmin)

Sun 3/13 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 29.13 miles (11.07 miles more than week 5)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 94.77 miles

QOTD: Do you ever walk to run your errands, or do you always rely on using your car to run errands?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 6

1. Ana says:

Congratulations on your 7th Half Marathon! I hope you had a great race!!

Congrats on your race Kathryn, that smile on your face says it all. Your photo of little man is just adorable. It is obvious you are such a proud and happy mother to that sweet baby. Nice job on returning to running and you are back doing some great workouts. It seems as though it has been an easy transition for you.

3. Congrats Kathryn! I You looked so happy in your finish photo and so glad your race plan worked out for you. I love to run errands without the car – makes it easy being in DC 🙂

4. Congratulations! It’s incredible that 3 months later, you accomplished such a goal. Little man is lucky to have such a strong mom.

If I lived in the city, I could walk to run errands, but that’s not possible in the suburbs. When the weather’s nice, I’ll park in the back of the parking lot and walk to the store. I did that yesterday and even though it was windy, the sun felt wonderful.

6. Elle says:

I love to be able to walk to do my errands too. Such a sweet pic of your babe! And congrats on your race and sticking to your plan!

Congrats on finishing RnR and sticking to your plan! I thought it was a great race this year. I’ve never walked to errands before. I think I could technically do it but there would be several busy intersections I’d have to cross that I’m not a fan of.

8. what a wonderful week for you! Glad we got to see each other/chat before the race. Congratulations!!

9. Looks like an awesome week for and you are already back on track!

10. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

This was my 7th half marathon too! Congrats on your race! I’m so glad we finally got to meet! 🙂

11. Awww, your little man is adorable!!! Congrats on your race — way to go! 🙂

12. So excited for you and the half!! Way to stick to your plan and have a great race. I can’t wait to hear more about it!

13. mkadens1 says:

He’s gotten so big!! Congrats on the half. Hooray for sticking to your plan.

14. Congrats!!!! Great job sticking to your plan!! I always take my Jeep to run errands, everything is just too far from me to walk.

15. Meagan says:

Good job sticking to your race plan! It would take a lot of determination to stick to your plan and not get swept up in the excitement of the race.

I would love to be able to walk and do errands, but we live in a rural area. The closest store is 10 miles away, with two lane highways and no sidewalks, so unfortunately walking and/or biking are out of the question. Bummer.

16. That picture of your little guy is just the Best!!!! So precious!

Can’t wait to here about your race!

17. Great job on finishing your half marathon!!! Looking forward to hearing more about it.
    Hope you get some more good weather soon to take more walks with that cutie!!!

18. Sharon says:

Congrats on your 7 half marathon! Way to stick to the plan and not overdo it! You lil man is so cute! Looking forward to your race recap!

19. Congrats on your half! I’m so impressed that you ran one just 3 months post partum. You make it look easy (even tho I know it’s not!).

20. Jennifer @ Dashing in Style says:

What a great idea to run part of the race for your training run and walk the rest! There’s a race I really want to do that is more miles than my training plan calls for, so I might walk the last miles and do it as a training run. Thanks for the idea!

21. Congrats on your race! And your little man is so precious!!! Love those eyes!!!

22. Sounds like a great week! Congrats on your RnR and your little guy is so darn cute!

23. first off, ur little man is SOOO adorable! (not that you need reminding LOL). Congrats on the RnR! I walk as much as possible for errands…we live in a medium-sized Iowa town, and our downtown is 7 blocks from our driveway. Many times, I walk mail to the post office, especially in the summer time. Great job on all that activity!!

24. I miss being able to run errands on foot. Adam and I have talked about moving back into his old neighborhood (which also happened to be the location of my first apartment in Hampton Roads) but there are so many other major issues, it’s a deterrent to buy there. But it’s a wonderful luxury! Hope you’re having better weather than us. We’ve been woken up the past two nights by huge thunderstorms. So weird for this time of year!

25. Looks like an awesome week and congrats to sticking to your race plan, that can be hard. When my kids were younger and in strollers I always walked with them to do errands!

26. HoHo Runs says:

Congratulations on half # 7! I like the medal with the cherry tree. Wow — your Garmin measured a long race. Did you have to do a lot of weaving through the crowd of runners? Unfortunately my town is not walking friendly, at least not in the areas where I live or work. Your Little Man is so cute. I know you enjoy your walks with him. Thanks for linking with us Kathryn.

27. Congrats on a great race! I just ran my 7th half too. Looking forward to seeing you at Zooma!

28. MCM Mama says:

Congrats on finishing the race! Sounds like you are doing well on your way to ZOOMA.

29. Lara says:

Congrats on finishing your 7th half marathon! I wish I could take my bike or walk for errands but I live in county and it’s pretty far to everything.

30. Congrats on Half Marathon #7!!! WTG! You sure did have an active week! Walk to run errands?! never! lol First of all…I barely drive to run errands…I try to get everything done online. lol

31. Great week and great race Kathryn! Super job on sticking with your plan too! I would love to be able to get in more walking but I live too far out and you would not want to walk around in my city, no telling who you might encounter. Thanks for linking up!

32. congrats on a great week and another half marathon!

33. Awesome!! Congrats on your half! I’m sooo looking forward to nicer weather. Also…your son is absolutely adorable!