Friday Five – Five Things I Love About Spring

Over the past couple of days we’ve gotten a lovely preview of spring.  On Tuesday, the temperature reached the mid 70s, and on Wednesday and Thursday the high reached the low 80s.  Little man and I have been taking full advantage of the gorgeous weather with daily walks outside, and I can’t wait to continue to enjoy the beautiful weather during the remaining two weeks of my maternity leave.

I'm so glad that the weather forecast that I saw on Monday has held true this week!

I’m so glad that the weather forecast that I saw on Monday has held true this week!

Spring is my second most favorite season of the year, just after summer.  Not only is the weather a wonderful departure from the dark, dreary days of winter, but each day we get to enjoy more hours of daylight.  What else do I love about spring?

1.  The weather is nice enough to run outside again.

Because of the limited number of daylight hours after I get home from work, the majority of my winter running is done on the treadmill.  More hours of daylight means that I can complete more of my weekday running outside.

2.  Everything is in bloom.

I’ll admit, I’m a girly girl, and absolutely love seeing flowers in bloom and leaves back on the trees again.  There’s something so beautiful about seeing the beauty of Mother Nature.

3.  The excitement of race season starts up again.

Races are limited in the winter, and not many people are crazy enough to sign up for the few races that there are in the winter.  I can’t wait to kick off my 2016 race season tomorrow morning!

4.  More people get outside to enjoy the weather.

Its always wonderful to see more people out and about after hibernating in their homes during the winter.  There’s nothing like seeing sidewalks full of people out taking advantage of the beautiful weather on those first gorgeous days of spring.

Little man and I have been taking full advantage of the nice weather over the past couple of weeks and have been getting outside for walks as much as we can

5.  Summer is right around the corner.

I love anything and everything about summer.  Warm spring days when we get a preview of summer weather make me super happy.  I’ll take hot and humid over freezing cold any day.

QOTD: What do you love about spring?

DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Friday Five – Five Things I Love About Spring

1. I love running in spring! Every day is something new–grass turning green, trees in bloom, birds singing!

I agree, I love seeing everyone out and about during the Spring weather. And I love seeing the flowers blooming but this time of year is hard on the allergies.

3. I love seeing people outside in my neighborhood enjoying the weather! I see people I haven’t seen all winter!

4. Tia says:

All of the above! The sun rises earlier so it’s not scary dark in the mornings for my runs, the trees and flowers ever changing. Not having to bundle up to run just everything! Spring and summer are definitely my favorite seasons!!!!

Yesss! This!! Bring on spring! I can’t wait!!

6. I love spring as well! I hope it doesn’t turn super too quickly 🙂 Good luck this weekend, I’ll be cheering for you (virtually) 🙂

Don’t forget we spring forward on Sunday 🙂 I look forward to the extra daylight each year. The weather is still great enough right now that I can run outside during the week when I get home.

8. Sharon says:

Wow, you guys have been having great weather! Totally agree with all of the things you love about spring! I love that we just get to go outside more and the blooms are so pretty!

#3. I love that race season is upon us and I even registered for an August race this morning! Have a great time at your RnR race this weekend and enjoy the beautiful spring weather.

10. This week has been amazing! Glad you are out and able to enjoy with the little guy

11. I also love spring. To me it’s the season of rebirth and the time for new hopes and dreams and also those beautiful flowers in bloom 🙂

12. I’m so excited at the idea of spending weekends outside and going on leisurely bike rides!

13. I am hoping this warm weather is not just a preview and is here to stay! It’s felt so good to get out this week! Enjoy your last two weeks off!

14. I am so loving the warm weather we’ve been getting! In Mass it’s been about 55-65 each day the last week, which means I can get outside for walks and the playground with my little one, as well as go out for runs myself. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the temps don’t drop down again because I really love the sunshine and warm weather!

I love spring so much but I feel like we jump from winter to summer here in the DC area!!! My favorite is the cherry blossoms!!

16. Carmy says:

Spring races are around the corner and I’m nervous!

17. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I love the spring for just about all the same reasons! This winter wasn’t as treacherous but it still felt like it would never end. I hope the warm weather is here to stay!

18. I love spring for all of these reasons, too! Although I won’t have many races. Spring is my favorite season after fall. I feel more motivated to work out, especially outside. There’s something about a nice run or walk on an early, cool spring morning! Love it.

19. I’m so excited to be running outside again!I have gotten my motivation back. Winter running is hard bc i HATE the treadmill. I am also excited for spring races!

20. Pingback: ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 6 | From Dancing to Running

21. MCM Mama says:

I love the warmer weather and only having to wear one layer, but I’m not a fan of summer, so spring does not last nearly long enough for me.

22. natrunsfar says:

Look how big he is now!! And so adorable!! 🙂 I love Spring too. I love seeing everything in bloom and the freshness of the air. I have to say I am not a huge fan of extreme heat, although I do love summer. Enjoy your awesome weather!