Friday Five – Current Countdowns

As I was looking at my calendar yesterday, I realized that my 2016 calendar is quickly filling up with lots of fun events and activities.  Its amazing that yesterday I was looking as far ahead as December, which seems like its far off now but I’m sure will be here before I know it.

So what are some of my current countdowns?

1.  7 days until my dad arrives – My dad is coming to town for a combined business trip and visit with us.  We can’t wait to see him!

My parents with little man back on New Year's Eve, when little man was just eight days old

My parents with little man back on New Year’s Eve, when little man was just eight days old

2.  24 days until I return to work – Though part of me is excited about returning to school and working with my students, I really wish my maternity leave weren’t coming to an end as soon as it is.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the time that I’ve had to spend at home with little man, and wish that I could continue to stay home with him.  I’m sure that once I return to work I’ll quickly start counting down until the last day of the school year and will be looking forward to a summer at home with little man.

3.  26 days until my birthday and my mom arrives – Its a bit of a bummer that my third day back at work will be my birthday, but what makes that day exciting is that my mom arrives that day to help us take care of little man.  We’re extremely grateful that she’ll be here for 11 days, which is allowing us to delay the start of daycare for little man.  I’m very hopeful that her being here will help make my transition back to work a bit easier.

4.  92 days until ZOOMA Annapolis – The focus of my hard work and current training plan will culminate on June 4th when I run ZOOMA Annapolis.  I’m very excited about running this half marathon, and cannot wait to see my hard work, dedication, and perseverance pay off on race day.  This will also be my first women’s focused race, and I’m looking forward to sharing the day with my fellow race ambassadors.

5.  162 days until we leave for Disney World – We will be spending a week in mid-August at Disney World on vacation with Preston’s side of the family.  There will be 11 of us at Disney for this trip.  What will also make this trip to Disney extra special is that it will be little man’s first time at Disney World!

Our last family vacation at Disney World was in December 2014. We're excited about our next trip with the gang, and this time we'll be adding little man, his cousin, and Preston's uncle to the group.

Our last family vacation at Disney World was in December 2014. We’re excited about our next trip with the gang, and this time we’ll be adding little man, his cousin who is eight weeks older than him, and Preston’s uncle to the group.

QOTD: What are you currently counting down to?

DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Friday Five – Current Countdowns

I’m sure you are anxious about your return to work but how wonderful that your mom will be able to help you transition back. It also is nice that you have visits with both your parents to look forward to. Only three months until your big race and I think you will really enjoy a female focused race. Christine loved her Zooma experience and of course we always enjoy Princess race weekend.

2. Sounds like you have some fun events on the horizon! We have started talking about a vacation this year and now I’m eager to start thinking about the details. I love planning a trip to a new place 🙂

3. Kelli says:

Wow, you’ve got lots of big countdowns! I haven’t started any specific countdowns, although I’m realizing that in less than two weeks I’ll be at triathlon camp. That snuck up on me quickly.

4. So nice both your parents will be visiting this month and that your mother will help with K as you transition back to work. Yay for March birthday months 🙂

5. It’s just so not fair that maternity leave ends just when the baby gets interesting and fun! I always looked forward to the end of my day when I got to see my boys again!

That’s so nice that your parents will be visiting and that you’ll have help with the transition back to work! Sounds like a lot of fun things coming up for you 🙂

7. wow almost time to go back to work already? Time is going fast huh?

8. Wow, back to work already?! I’m sure the time will fly though since it’s closer to summer. How great you get visits with your parents soon and time with family to look forward to!

9. marywdw says:

I’m so excited to hear about his first WDW trip! My one recommendation would be to take lots of video. I know people say to take pictures which is true but I love watching the family videos of my first trips to Disney. It’s neat to see my interactions with characters and my expressions on rides since I don’t have many memories from my first trips when I was really young.

10. H.A.G. says:

This is such a fun post- you have so much to look forward to-made all the better because it sounds like some much needed family time! Have fun!

11. There’s so much to look forward to for you, and it’s a blessing that in just a few months you’ll be able to spend the summer with your son, and also your family in a place you really enjoy 🙂

12. haleyduke17 says:

You are counting down to some pretty awesome things, except going back to work. (IMO)
    Although I was happy to get out of the house again and back around my co-workers, it was tough leaving my baby at home.
    Have a great weekend mama!

13. Well you have a lot to look forward to! I hope you have a smooth transition back to school.

14. I know you are sad about leaving your little guy and going back to school but just think how fortunate you are that you get to spend all summer with him. Most mommies dont get to do that.
    Sounds like you have lots of fun things coming up.
    I havent planned a summer vacatin yet but I have a beach trip coming up next month and then a trip in November. I dont even want to think about the trip in November yet though cus I definitely dont want this year to go by so fast. It still feels like its January dont you think?

15. Farrah says:

That’s awesome that your mom’s going to be coming by soon! :] I hope you have a super smooth transition back to work, and ah, Disney World! I’d love to go back there again someday! I went once when I was 6, so I don’t remember it too well anymore! 😛

16. You have so much to look forward to! I love this idea. Counting down to things will always keep you excited about something all year long!

17. i love all of your countdowns until your family is coming to visit! and I am always counting down to a WDW trip! 🙂

18. so much fun coming your way! i’m counting down to shamrock 🙂