As I was looking at my calendar yesterday, I realized that my 2016 calendar is quickly filling up with lots of fun events and activities. Its amazing that yesterday I was looking as far ahead as December, which seems like its far off now but I’m sure will be here before I know it.
So what are some of my current countdowns?
1. 7 days until my dad arrives – My dad is coming to town for a combined business trip and visit with us. We can’t wait to see him!
2. 24 days until I return to work – Though part of me is excited about returning to school and working with my students, I really wish my maternity leave weren’t coming to an end as soon as it is. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the time that I’ve had to spend at home with little man, and wish that I could continue to stay home with him. I’m sure that once I return to work I’ll quickly start counting down until the last day of the school year and will be looking forward to a summer at home with little man.
3. 26 days until my birthday and my mom arrives – Its a bit of a bummer that my third day back at work will be my birthday, but what makes that day exciting is that my mom arrives that day to help us take care of little man. We’re extremely grateful that she’ll be here for 11 days, which is allowing us to delay the start of daycare for little man. I’m very hopeful that her being here will help make my transition back to work a bit easier.
4. 92 days until ZOOMA Annapolis – The focus of my hard work and current training plan will culminate on June 4th when I run ZOOMA Annapolis. I’m very excited about running this half marathon, and cannot wait to see my hard work, dedication, and perseverance pay off on race day. This will also be my first women’s focused race, and I’m looking forward to sharing the day with my fellow race ambassadors.
5. 162 days until we leave for Disney World – We will be spending a week in mid-August at Disney World on vacation with Preston’s side of the family. There will be 11 of us at Disney for this trip. What will also make this trip to Disney extra special is that it will be little man’s first time at Disney World!
QOTD: What are you currently counting down to?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!